Please help us choose a resort for 3 SHORT nights!!!!!!

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
Hi...we have stayed at ASMU and CR last summer...loved them both...but need to spend less $ this time around and with the current codes I can get POFQ for 94...kids REALLY want ASMO but can only get the 99 or preffered room rate of 109:rolleyes: they are spoiled by the awesome location we had at ASMU, and a delux is too much...where would you stay? Financially the ASMU or ASSP standard room is best, I like the looks of CBR but am worried we might be out in the boonies on such a short visit...and POR is too "rustic" for DH...so I am holding ressies at POFQ but am worried that it will not be as well themed as the others.Also we will be coming from 4 nights at the new US/IOA Royal Pacific Resort. We arrive 7/4 and thought we'd experience the fireworks there this time. We will also be checking into WDW on my 40 b-day...any chance we may get a room request at ASMO w/out booking the preffered room? sO FAR THEY ARE SOLD OUT FOR THE TWO CODES....EVEN THO WE HAD OUR RESSIES BEFORE THE CODES CAME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!How does that work...shouldn't we just be able to apply the discount rate code to our current ressies?:confused: I know this comes down to a personal prefferece type thing...and we checked out all the photos on the Carlsons site...just can't make up our minds. CBR has the largest rooms of the mods, right?I am also wondering if we should swithch the order of our visits...do WDW first and then US/IOA..that whole FOTL thing you know...as we will be experiencing July 4 week crowds.we really didn't have much trouble with that at all last year tho...sorry to ramble, just that those rooms are booking quick with the codes and need to decide!
Thanks!

I really like the environment at POFQ. The resort is smaller, nice and quiet. They do not have a sitdown restaurant but we love the option of walking over to POR to go to Boatwrights or the food court. The size of the moderate rooms are basically the same size. I would give it a try I think you are going to like it because of the size. I also understand they are bringing back the DD boats which if nothing else is a relaxing trip. They have a cool dragon pool too.

This is your vacation, too, and if you want to stay at PO-FQ, then go for it!!! PO-FQ is really nice, and quaint. The pool has that great serpent slide, and the river runs right by it. It is a short walk to PO-R, where you can rent boats or catch the riverboat to DTD. And, best of all, you will be saving money over staying at ASMO. Just tell the kids that you want to try other resorts before repeating. That excuse works like a charm in this house!

Good luck:)

Try this resort!!! You'll really like it!! The waterslide is cool and the resort is beautiful. This is my family's and I FAVORITE moderate resort!! Just changed my ressies from the Movies to the French Quarter!

We recently had a few meals and rode bikes around at Coronado Springs resort. It is really beautiful there. It seems like a deluxe resort for a moderate price. Have you thought about CS as a resort choice? I usually stay in the deluxes and home away from home resorts but plan on trying CS in the future.

O.K. I took the plunge and switched to POFQ....kids are gonna kill me as we know it will be a few years b4 we return...2 years in a row is REALLY pushing it for us but couldn't pass up awesome airfare ($540 for 4, less a credit...$405 total on ATA!) tHANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!!!:)

Your kids might be surprised! I have found the themed pools at the moderates (which includes Port Orleans) to be much more fun than the All Stars. Also, the food court has a better selection. We enjoy all Disney resorts, so they shouldn't be too disappointed!:)

Wait till you kids see the slide at PO-FQ! This is a beautifully themed resort. I think you will ALL enjoy it!

Don't get me wrong the All Star Resorts are fine but I would stay at POR anyday over any All Star Resort. The resort is really beautiful plus you can take a boat to Downtown Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter