Please help: ? re: sites that back up to the canal

Wendy_Darling_2001

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, we are planning our first camping trip for Memorial Day weekend. We have a partial hook up so I assume that means loop 1500 or 2000. I have also heard that some sites back up to the canals. I would love to request one of these. Are there any on the partial loops? Could someone describe them to me?

Also, which loop would you prefer? I know for this trip we will not rent a golf cart. We will be there for 3 days and probably will spend at least half the time hanging out at the campground and River Country. Only plan to visit MK this trip.

Thanks in advance for your advice. I am so excited

We have a pop-up trailer and recently stayed in Loop 1500, site 1517. This site did back up to the canal area and my youngest son, who loves to fish, spent a lot of time fishing from the old train trestle here. This is a great loop - bus service was very good. We had bunnies, armadillos, and a peacock come through our site at one time or another. The Meadows pool and recreation area are just across the street - the bike barn and trading post just short walks away. There is a tether ball set-up at the end of the loop and my kids spent a lot of time playing there as it was close to the bus stop. It was a little bit of a walk from our site to the comfort station, but not bad at all. Loops 1500 and 1600 share a comfort station but we never had to wait for showers. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the sites in 1500. Some of the sites seemed to be right on the canal but ours was fine for us - we could walk through a path between the shrubbery and get to the water. I faxed Ft. Wilderness a few days before we were to arrive with the request to be on the northern side of Loop 1500, backing up to the canal. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter