• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PLEASE HELP - park status after 9/22

DisneyFanUk

Earning My Ears
First of all let me say that us Brits really feel your pain in this tragic terrorist attack & we stand side by side with our US friends and hope this situation is resolved soon. I am not sure of the status of Florida as we do not receive that much updated information back here. I am due to fly out to Sanford on 22nd Sept for two weeks, along with TEN friends - can anybody please offer ANY assistance & information as to the status of the parks and attractions. I understand that Kong is now closed, but what about Spiderman - is this ride set in NY? Has it been closed? Also, does anyone know the status of Disney's Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - I think this attraction could be quite upsetting for most of us. Any help would be Good.....:confused:

Kong was running 9/15/01. sprider man was running with only 5 minute wait. Can not help you with disney info but am sure others will kick in. You should be in for a great time. I have yto go to valdosta ga for a week but will be back at IOA 9/22/01. maybe we will pas in the spirerman que.

All attractions are currently scheduled to be operating for your upcoming visit.

You will see very few changes in the theme parks here in Florida - in terms of operations, hours, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------

The only US park that has significantly changed due to the tragedy last Tuesday is Astroland on Coney Island. All rides are now closed for the remainder of the year (they ended their season early).

I can't answer your questions but just wanted to say I'm GLAD you're still coming! Good for you.

I am happy to hear too that you are coming. May you have a safe journey.

I too, will be at USF the same time you are staying at the HRH. Maybe we will pass each other and be able to say hi to a fellow DIS'er.

You will be coming to the US at a very interesting moment in history. I think you will see us at our best -- brave, resilient, and full of love and caring for each other.

Have fun and God bless!

Disney Dollarless is a great site to get Disney info from. WWW.Disneydollarless.com. or check out www.wdwig.com/contents.htm and click on News From Around the World. This link will tell you about whats going on at Disney now. The Tower of Terror is an old hotel. They have a story where some people dissappeared in the hotel a very long time ago. It is an impressive site. You get on the elevatore ride (you sit on benches with seat belts) in the basement and it goes up a few floors. Then, the doors open and you see ghostly like stuff in the hallway that you are looking at. Then you move up again. The doors open again and you move forward down the hall (still in the elevator). You see some really cool special effects. Then, the elevator stops before moving up. This time it drops many times (like a yo-yo). I really hate the feeling of falling, but this ride isn't too bad and has some of the best effects. I think it's worth the fall just to see the effects. They are very cool. I should warn you that the doors open before you drop and you can see out over the park. My six year old niece liked it. My eleven year old niece hated it but she is VERY afraid of heights. She won't even go on a real elevator. My mother, who is also afraid of heights, was glad she went on it once but would probably not go on it again, if given the option. I hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter