• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please Help Me! Im Beeeeeeging!

ECurto

Mouseketeer
Ok so its going to be my 1 year aniversary early next year. I really want to surprise the other half with a euro disney trip. But i am so confused! I know we want the Disneyland hotel. But i mean can i just book the hotel and no tickets? Is there suites? I heard there was free breakfast everymorning. And what is the deal with fastpasses? Also what airport do you fly into, and do you need a car? Is Disney far from Paris city? I know i want to stay for a week, so i heard somebody say to get anual passes. But i couldnt find a prive fot ust the anual pass, not how to get a price for a room only. Also is there anyway to get a vacation video like disney world has? Ohhh so many questions, and im sure i have many more. Please anwser any or all. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Ok so its going to be my 1 year aniversary early next year. I really want to surprise the other half with a euro disney trip. But i am so confused! I know we want the Disneyland hotel. But i mean can i just book the hotel and no tickets? Is there suites? I heard there was free breakfast everymorning. And what is the deal with fastpasses? Also what airport do you fly into, and do you need a car? Is Disney far from Paris city? I know i want to stay for a week, so i heard somebody say to get anual passes. But i couldnt find a prive fot ust the anual pass, not how to get a price for a room only. Are there any anual pass discounts like DW anual pass? Also is there anyway to get a vacation video like disney world has? Ohhh so many questions, and im sure i have many more. Please anwser any or all. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

It would be worth looking at www.disneylandparis.com and then phoning reservations.
Yes there are suites and prices for these can be obtained by phoning Disney as they are no available on the web.
As far as I know rooms can be booked without tickets, but I've seen others suggest that room only deals for Disneyland Hotel are dearer than package!
I'v sure you'll have a wonderful time what ever you decide.

Reid

The Disney site is pretty good about telling you prices, or at least it has been whenever I've looked at DLP info.

I believe DLP is on the same train line as Charles De Gaulle Airport, so I guess that's your best bet, but I can't imagine having much trouble getting from Orly... CDG and DLP are all reachable through North Station (Gare du Nord), and so is Brussels, so it may also be fairly cheap to fly in/out of their.

DLP is close enough to Paris proper that it is on the commuter rail (RER) system. They also have a high-speed train (TGV) station there. It is very accessable by public transportation, much more so that DL or WDW.

Like previous posters have said it is easy to get from Charles Du Gaulle airport to DLP (take the RER line 4 from Paris.) DLP to Paris itself takes about 30 minutes. The Disneyland hotel is beautiful and it does have suits, however it is very expensive. (It actually cost us slightly more to spend a week at DLP than it did to spend 2 weeks at the Beach Club Villas.) Your room package does also include your breakfast and your park packages but I think you can book room only.
I have visited DLP both with and without a car. When we did have the car we did not really use it when we were there (we only used it for the journey as we we drove over from England.) The metro and RER rail system is good enough that you do not need one.
If you are planning on spending a week there I would plan for 2/3 days in Paris itself as there are only 2 parks at DLP. I spent 2 days going around the MK and did everything and spent 1 day in the studios.
Have a fun trip.

My best advice - is to use a travel agent. Normally I don't think you really need one, but DLP is a confusing place ressies-wise. The website is atrocious and international calls get expensive.

Good luck!

N.E.D.

If you go to the web site you can order a brochure and get a dvd which we recieved in a week.Flights can be booked from the UK quite cheaply via bmibaby or easyjet if you order well in advance!Take some time to read the price plan pages that accompany the brochure to work out which is the best way to book for you! Check the special rates 4nights for the price of 3 etc including park passes. Good luck and have fun planning your suprises.

Hi there :)

There is a DLP planning DVD but it is not like the WDW one. At all!

My WDW DVD lasts for about an hour (if not more) including all the extras, the resorts etc. From memory the DLP one was only 6 minutes or so. I'm not sure how helpful it will be in terms of trip planning. It is nice to watch though! I know some of us here on this board who are based in the UK/Europe struggled badly to get a copy so if you are overseas it might not be totally straightforward.

Where are you travelling from? If it's just you and a SO a week might be a little too long to spend at DLP. What about combining it with a trip to Paris? A week at the Disneyland Hotel is going to be very pricey - the suites in particular.

I'll let someone else give you some info about Annual Passes as all my knowledge is just what I've read here!

Welcome to the DLP Forum :)

Karen

Don't know if you got my last post, so here goes have a good look at the restaurant guides on www.dlpfoodguide.co.uk it will give you a good feel for who does what meal wise.It is advisable to book any character meals when you book your stay and any sit down (table service) meals too.If you ask the staff when you book to arrange an annivesary cake for a special meal at a restaurant I'm sure they will be happy to help. I've also added a new post in the "alternatives to VEA" thread which may interest you regarding transport from CGD. :lovestruc Wifey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter