Please Help...going to sea world on a Fri. in July...

aaroncg

Mouseketeer
We will be going to Sea World on July 20th a friday. How busy do you guys think it will be. Never been and need an iterneary on what to do first and so on. It will be me, hubby and 4 kids..oldest 17 youngest 10 so we do tour cammondo stlye. need no breaks except to eat. So if any of you have any ideas on what to do and when and where to eat ( quick bite) and when please help.. We want to see all and do all in 1 busy(?) day. oh, what times historically do they open and close??? Thanks guys, Gina:goodvibes

During the summer they will open early--probably 8 or 9 and stay open till 9 or 10. It will be busy, being summer. If it's a warm day, probably even busier. Get there early, get a schedule of shows and plan on being on the move all day.

It will be busy, but you should be able to do everything in a day - especially since you are commando types! :-) Summer hours should be 9:00 a.m. til 10:00 p.m. One thing to be aware of is that (at least in past summers, and I'm assuming this summer won't be any different) they have special versions of the Shamu and Seal and Otter show at night, and those are worth seeing, even if you saw the daytime versions. They had to stop doing the nighttime fireworks last year because of possible pollution in the bay, and as far as I know there still won't be a fireworks show this year.

When you get to the park (or before you get there check out their web site) and look at the show schedules and figure out what you want to see and when. The show schedules are NOT set up for you to "logically" proceed from one to another, so you'll have to pick and choose. You'll probably want to arrive at least 30 minutes early for each show to get a seat.

I haven't eaten there in a while...as I recall most of the restaurants are buffeteria style, though I think they are pretty good (the Shipwreck Cafe and the Smokehouse place, at least) for theme park food. I think there are a couple of counter service places, too, but I don't know how the food is.

You'll probably find that the park clears out a bit in the late afternoon when all the people who only came for the day go home, so you should have a little bit of time between afternoon and evening when hopefully the lines for the rides won't be quite as long.

Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter