Please help! Confusion with Hard Rock Cancellation Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimathy

Mouseketeer
Hi! I was hoping someone here could help assuage my panic. We booked a package through Universal's site for 4 nights at the Hard Rock in June. I read through the terms and conditions and it said that 45 days or out, you could get a full refund and within the 45 days, it would be a $200 cancellation fee plus "fees imposed by the hotel, airline and/or other components". We are inside the 45 day mark, and didn't book airline through them etc, so I was thinking it was a $200 loss for us if we cancel.

Just to be sure, I used their "chat" feature to confirm it with someone on their site before I called because I'm at work and can't call right now. The woman I chatted with told me that it would be $200 PLUS the cost of a night's stay! I asked her where it said that in the terms and conditions and she just send me the terms and conditions again. I told her it doesn't state that we'd lose a night's stay. After a (far too long) back and forth, she told me that Hard Rock is a supplier and they can impose that "fee" and it has nothing to do with the package. I'm so confused!

I kept asking for documentation or something in writing that state's what the "fees imposed by the hotel" really are, and she kept giving me a run around and kept saying that there are too many variables for them to actually write it down. What?? Then she said that the hotel decides what they want to charge, but they won't have a written policy on it. So they can subjectively decide how much to charge people? None of it makes sense.

So I guess what I'm asking is....has anyone cancelled and been charged a full night's stay (because I honestly can't find that anywhere!)? I'm really upset because we are cancelling the trip for financial reasons right now and I honestly wasn't expecting to lose more than the $200. :( Thanks for the help!

Is it less than 5 days? I do not book packages, but stayed at Hard Rock last month. I canceled and rebooked a couple of times and it was my understanding that I could get a full refund if I canceled at least 5 days in advance. Since I booked room only, the terms might be different.

I would call and ask for a Supervisor or Manager. If it isn't written in the Terms and Conditions, sounds like the Rep is giving the wrong information. As the post above by mamapenguin, we always booked Room Only, so the 5 days in advance policy applied to us. HOPE that you get it resolved. Don't accept one Customer Rep response; worth investigating and pursuing with a Supervisor or Manager. Good Luck.

Did you ever call back? It’s been almost a week since you asked the question and n the two threads.

Locking this thread as it is a duplicate.
You don't need two identical threads in the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter