Please help! Confusion with Hard Rock Cancellation Policy

aimathy

Mouseketeer
Hi! I was hoping someone here could help assuage my panic. We booked a package through Universal's site for 4 nights at the Hard Rock in June. I read through the terms and conditions and it said that 45 days or out, you could get a full refund and within the 45 days, it would be a $200 cancellation fee plus "fees imposed by the hotel, airline and/or other components". We are inside the 45 day mark, and didn't book airline through them etc, so I was thinking it was a $200 loss for us if we cancel.

Just to be sure, I used their "chat" feature to confirm it with someone on their site before I called because I'm at work and can't call right now. The woman I chatted with told me that it would be $200 PLUS the cost of a night's stay! I asked her where it said that in the terms and conditions and she just send me the terms and conditions again. I told her it doesn't state that we'd lose a night's stay. After a (far too long) back and forth, she told me that Hard Rock is a supplier and they can impose that "fee" and it has nothing to do with the package. I'm so confused!

I kept asking for documentation or something in writing that state's what the "fees imposed by the hotel" really are, and she kept giving me a run around and kept saying that there are too many variables for them to actually write it down. What?? Then she said that the hotel decides what they want to charge, but they won't have a written policy on it. So they can subjectively decide how much to charge people? None of it makes sense.

So I guess what I'm asking is....has anyone cancelled and been charged a full night's stay (because I honestly can't find that anywhere!)? I'm really upset because we are cancelling the trip for financial reasons right now and I honestly wasn't expecting to lose more than the $200. :( Thanks for the help!

Hard Rock has a five day cancellation policy so unless you are under five days I wouldn’t imagine that you would be charged anything over the 200$ deposit you put down for the package.

For accurate info, call the hotel when you are home from work

I don’t find the chat line as accurate at times

It should not be the cost of a night's stay as well. I would call them (the phone number where you booked the package) and make sure. They are not being charged anything for that room unless it is within a 5 day window of arrival.

Someone else on this board posted that exact same question a while ago. Maybe you can use search to try and find what happened there.

I'm sorry that you had to cancel your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter