Please help! Alzheimer's, caring for elderly, generational issues- Strategies needed

Thinking about you all Amanda, stay strong, hopefully Hospice will be able to help you all.

Hugs

Today went well... the older woman started today... I think my DGF will really end up liking her, and my DGM (more importantly) really liked her and even drank some while she was there! :cool1:

The Hospice interview thing went BEAUTIFULLY! The chaplin was the one that came to set things up and fill out paperwork with DM. Then, he and another nurse went over to my Grandparents' house and IMMEDIATELY went to work!!! (Does DGF know it's Hospice? No... but he knows it's free thru medicare, so he's okay with it... then ANOTHER RN came over later... and according to both DGF and my DB (20), she's "beautiful" and "a total babe/hottie" (I figure you all can decide who said what... hehe:rotfl: )... but more importantly, that RN was REALLY sweet to DGM and she even let DGF give her a hug :goodvibes

I'm just absolutely tickled with all of this... and to top it all off, my cousin paid for DGM to get one of those really hi-tech electric recliners that stands itself up... (so she can get up out of the chair easily).... she hasn't sat in it yet, but my DB tried it out and said it was pretty cool, and VERY stable... DGM said it looked like a fun ride... haha.

I just can't put into words how happy I am today... I know that it's not over yet, and there will still be obstacles to face, BUT at least we're not doing it alone anymore... we have the home phones/personal cell numbers of the nursing staff, as well as a 24 hr nurse on call, so we'll always have someone to bounce questions off of... and the Chaplin is going to be working with DGF a lot to start getting towards acceptance... hopefully that will go well.

Marsha & Jennifer, thank you so much for your thoughts/prayers/well-wishes... it means a lot :)

~*Amanda*~

I am so glad that things went well today. You need to keep us posted. I check all the time on this thread to see when you have updated. I hope things go well for you! You'll continue to be in my prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter