• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help a newbie

Kebby

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

I was all signed up to run the 10K this january, but sadly I broke my foot:( However, my two daughters are still going to run the kids race on thursday, and I have questions! We have never done a disney run before.

1. I assume there are buses that take you from every resort to the wide world of sports complex? Do they go to any parks from the WWS complex after the race, or just back to the hotels?

2. How much time should I allow for transportation? They race at 11 am- what time should we arrive at the complex?

3. Regarding getting race packets- we get to florida on Dec 30. What is the earliest I can pick up the things they need? And when would you suggest as the easiest time to get things? Do we go early in the morning one day? Can we pick up thier bibs and do registration the day of the race?

4. Do they offer any food at the WWS complex? Or should I plan on packing them food

thanks so much

Have a look at the runDisney web site. You can find information about transportation (Plan tab) and the expo hours too (Events tab).

https://www.rundisney.com/disneyworld-marathon/

As far as time goes, I'd allow 15-30 minutes to get there depending on which resort you are calling home for the weekend, and maybe 30 minutes to get ready & organized before the race.

1. I assume there are buses that take you from every resort to the wide world of sports complex? Do they go to any parks from the WWS complex after the race, or just back to the hotels?
They will just go to the resorts--but you don't have to go to YOUR resort-if you want to go to Magic Kingdom, just hop on a bus to the Contemporary and walk. Or if you want to go to Epcot, get on the Beach club bus, etc.

2. How much time should I allow for transportation? They race at 11 am- what time should we arrive at the complex?
I'm not sure, sorry :(

3. Regarding getting race packets- we get to florida on Dec 30. What is the earliest I can pick up the things they need? And when would you suggest as the easiest time to get things? Do we go early in the morning one day? Can we pick up thier bibs and do registration the day of the race?
Are they not already registered? You have to register in advance. If they are registered, you can pick up their packets on the first day of the expo, which is Wednesday.

4. Do they offer any food at the WWS complex? Or should I plan on packing them food

Yes, there is a counter service restaurant at WWS
Here is the menu https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...rts/espn-wide-world-sports-grill/menus/lunch/

Assuming they are registered already, the packet pickup starts Wednesday. Get there early (it gets busy quick). You can probably pickup that day if you get there early enough (as long as the expo is open), but I would go that first day. The expo is really cool to look around and my kid loved looking at the disney shoes and other things.

For food, there is some food there, but it's REALLY basic. If I remember correctly, kids get a little food thing after their race (fruits and maybe a bar), so you may just want to do that as a snack and then take your bus back over to a place to eat at a resort/park.

2) How much time?

I'd say for getting to the Complex from any resort I would try to start out at least 1 hour early. First of all, the buses later in the day (10am, etc) may not run as much as they do for the regular races that day (the 5K on thursday) and so you may just miss one and might have to wait 10-20 minutes for the next one. Then account for the travel time to the complex, another 10-20 minutes and finally the walking time from the parking lot dropoff to the race location itself (at least 10 minutes since they don't drop you off at the front door).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter