~ Please Give Me Your Advise On A Appliance ~

tinkcollector

DIS Veteran
Okay, I need help on a new washer and dryer. I started a thread a few days ago called "Wishy, Washy" and only got one response. What washer and dryer do you have, and do you love it or hate it. The reviews I am finding on line as so mixed. Please give me your expierence. Thank you! :laundy: :thanks: :tink:[

Well, we have a Kenmore washer and dryer from Sears. Can't even remember how long ago we got them because they haven't given me any reason to think about them, so that must be a good thing! :thumbsup2

I have always had good luck with Kenmore Elite......make sure to bet a front load washer......so much better.

Well, my washer and dryer are nearly 10 years old - but i HATE my dryer - because it has a stupid 'anti-wrinkile' feature - regardless of the setting ( including towels? ) it comes back to life every 10 minutes and tosses the clothes around for a few cycles and then beeps loudly. I can turn off the beep, but not the tossing - and I can hear it turn itself on throughout the house ( plus it's a waste of energy ). I just keep waiting for it to break - my husband says I should just get rid of it I hate it so much. It's a kenmore. So just watch out for that awful "feature"! And it's not once or twice - this can go on for hours - so I can't turn on the dryer and leave the house. I'm sure my neighbor hates it as well.

My washer has been good - it's a front loader and I've been pretty happy with it - it's a Kenmore. Has a very gentle 'ultra handwash' option -- I rarely wash anything by hand anymore.

Thanks to all for the advise (posters and private messages). I ended up getting the Kenmore Elite, front load washer and dryer. We also purchased a stand and made them stackable. They work great and are so much more quiet than my old machines. @ Icasa, they have changed the "anti-wrinke" feature it is now an option. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup2 :tink:

OP- glad you made your decision. I'm wondering what makes a front-load washer or dryer a better option than top-load? I'm thinking it's a PITA to bend down to fill and remove things from a front-loader. ???

dclFun, the bending did concern me..but, my main concern was to save space, and not sacrifice capacity and noise levels. In order to stack the appliances I needed the front loading design. :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter