Please forgive me Disney

Jellybass

Mouseketeer
We decided to go to Universal Orlando this year. Sigh, where to start. Stayed at Surfside Inn, not in the same caliber as Pop in the least bit and not worth talking about compared to the moderates and deluxes. Overpriced food, bad housekeeping ( and yes, I know their housekeeping rules) , a three foot pool (???). The parks are not kept up, even a coat of paint would help. Rides and attractions down all day for no reason. Employees who don’t care about the guests. We renamed Universal to Uniawful.

Disney World is expensive but you get your money’s worth.

Sorry to read about your experiences. Make sure to post some specifics on the Universal Boards here.

Our experiences at Universal have always been very good. ( We've only stayed at Royal Pacific. ) But it is a whole different world ( no pun intended ). We also like Islands of Adventure over Universal Studios.

So sorry to hear that! We are deciding if we want to do Universal as an add on to our Disney vacation.

We decided to go to Universal Orlando this year. Sigh, where to start. Stayed at Surfside Inn, not in the same caliber as Pop in the least bit and not worth talking about compared to the moderates and deluxes. Overpriced food, bad housekeeping ( and yes, I know their housekeeping rules) , a three foot pool (???). The parks are not kept up, even a coat of paint would help. Rides and attractions down all day for no reason. Employees who don’t care about the guests. We renamed Universal to Uniawful.
Disney World is expensive but you get your money’s worth.

I so agree. Disney just seems the superior product. We’ve been to Universal twice and won’t return.
Sorry to read about your experiences. Make sure to post some specifics on the Universal Boards here.

Our experiences at Universal have always been very good. ( We've only stayed at Royal Pacific. ) But it is a whole different world ( no pun intended ). We also like Islands of Adventure over Universal Studios.
I wouldn’t post your experiences on the Universal boards. They can get pretty nasty when you say anything against Universal. There is no desire for balanced debate over there.

I´m sorry you had such an awful experience!
I never stayed at a Universal resort, but every trip we make sure to have a couple days in Universal, considering we´re a couple of pottermaniacs lol
Can´t say much about employees elsewhere, they were regular theme park workers, but the team members (is that it?) in both HP lands were always amazing! In both our trips I got to chat with different employees that were as big fans as I am, one girl even started discussing with me if JK should write prequel books about the Marauders (we agreed she should lol), also I got compliments on my Potter-themed t-shirts!

But yeah, I have to say Universal can´t beat the magical feel WDW has...

Sad to hear, and I would say that's defintely not the experience that most guests have with the Universal parks.

Ha! Traitor! You got what you deserved :)

I agree. Some folks were good, but generally the employees and park experience wasn’t at the same level as Disney. It’s been almost a month and I can still remember the need for fresh paint and upkeep at universal. The hotel, in retrospect, was not horrible but part of the overall experience.

we usually spend a year going to universal and a year going to disney (AP's in alternating years) and I've never had that experience with Universal. True it doesn't have that immersive feel that Disney does but I quite enjoy their parks for 3-4 day weekends. We usually stay at the Royal Pacific or the Doubletree right off the property.

I think Disney has the same amount of issues but more people tend to look past them because of the nostaglia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!