Please Don't judge - question about Cigar Smoking at USO

disrailfan

DIS Veteran
I'm like a fish out of water, I'm staying at Universal Orlando in May for a conference and I am wondering if there is anywhere on property where I can enjoy a Cigar and hopefully a Bourbon, Cigar along is enough if that is all I can get.

I know when I stay at Disney I can go Visit Sosa's at Disney Springs on the old West Side, but I am not as familiar with USO

Actually, as of May 1st all of Disney is smoke free, to include Springs. Universal has not yet followed suit, but could. I can think of nowhere where you could drink and smoke however.

Last time I was at the Thirsty Fish (at Portofino) they were selling cigars. I don't remember anybody smoking them.

Actually, as of May 1st all of Disney is smoke free, to include Springs. Universal has not yet followed suit, but could. I can think of nowhere where you could drink and smoke however.

That is inaccurate. As of May 1, the designated smoking areas are being removed from inside the parks and will now be outside the park gates.

Resorts and Disney Springs will continue to have designated smoking areas.

Last time I was at the Thirsty Fish (at Portofino) they were selling cigars. I don't remember anybody smoking them.

You are right, the Thirsty Fish does sell cigars. I’ve seen people smoking them and cigarettes here also. Nice relaxing bar.

Every article I have read says all smoking areas at DS will be outside of DS. Just like the parks

Every article I have read says all smoking areas at DS will be outside of DS. Just like the parks
The articles I read did not say that. You said all of Disney is smoke-free. That isn't the case. There will still be designated smoking areas.

Here is the actual Disney announcement. It calls out Downtown Disney in California, not Disney Springs. In fact, it says they will be available outside those entrances and at Disney Springs.

SMOKING
Also beginning May 1, smoking areas will no longer be present inside Walt Disney World or Disneyland theme parks, water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex or Downtown Disney District in California.

TIP: Designated smoking areas will be available outside the entrances of the areas listed above and at Disney Springs in Florida. For guests who have room or dining reservations, smoking areas are also available at Disney Resort hotels.

Last edited:

Let’s get back on track and help the op for the smoking availablity for UO

Let’s get back on track and help the op for the smoking availablity for UO

Since the OP mentioned Disney and cigars it might be a bit of extra-nice one-stop shopping to clarify the Disney Springs thing, too, though.

I have seen a recent post elsewhere confirming the cigar sales and smoking at Thirsty Fish. It's a bit of a trek (2 boat rides) if you are staying at Sapphire Falls for your convention though!

The Hard Rock pool bar. They allow smoking so you can have that bourbon with your Cigar.

I smoke at the outside tables at Thirsty Fish and the Rum Bar at Sapphire Falls also allows smoking just outside the bar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!