Please check your DIsney Gift Card accounts online

chinarider

DIS Veteran
Hi, I am one that purchases Disney gift cards and combines them on the Disney Gift Card site.... you can keep balances for 5 cards up to $1000 each....... well...... unfortunately.... my account was hacked today... and I believe it happened multiple times..... I caught them in the act the 2nd time after I had already changed my password...... I am having to wait until Monday to get with Disney on the large amount of $$$$ that are missing..... I think they might have hacked the Disney site so please take a look at your accounts and if this has happened to you as well....let''s please try to band together on this. It happened on my account around 130 PM Arizona time on Saturday 8/17- we are leaving on our trip in 2 weeks and I'm freaking out.

I do hope this gets resolved for you quickly! I took the advice of someone on here once that when you max out a card at $1,000 to remove that card from the site in case of a hack. I'm sure people like to leave them up so that they can easily transfer balances between them if needed. Please let us know the resolution!

Thank you for posting this. I checked my account and still had over $900. I was waiting until I hit $1000 before calling Costco to make a payment but didn’t want to take the chance so I made the payment today. I’m so sorry this happened to you and hope it gets resolved. Please keep us updated.

Will keep an eye out but we’ve never had a report of this before today and the DIS Budget Board would have blown up if it was the whole site. As such OP here are some things to consider: do you use that email/password combination anywhere else? Did anyone else know it? Did you ever log on using another computer or over an unsecured WiFi network?

I saw this posted in multiple Disney FB groups yesterday. Same text. Assume same poster.
yes - I have wanted to give the heads up... only way I was aware was because I got email on my phone before they went in and changed the back door notifications..... otherwise, I wouldn't have been aware until I went into the gift card site itself.....Since the notifications on the account are being rerouted to another email ( not being forwarded thru my email )- I believe that it would need to be something that is done on the back end. I spoke with Disney reservations today to make sure to safe card my trip reservations and there was a non committal quote made by the representative that make me think that they are aware that something is amuck- I need to call tomorrow at 6am my time to speak with the loss/stolen area

yes - I have wanted to give the heads up... only way I was aware was because I got email on my phone before they went in and changed the back door notifications..... otherwise, I wouldn't have been aware until I went into the gift card site itself.....Since the notifications on the account are being rerouted to another email ( not being forwarded thru my email )- I believe that it would need to be something that is done on the back end. I spoke with Disney reservations today to make sure to safe card my trip reservations and there was a non committal quote made by the representative that make me think that they are aware that something is amuck- I need to call tomorrow at 6am my time to speak with the loss/stolen area
Sorry this has happened to you - I hope you get a more helpful cast member tomorrow and it gets sorted asap - good luck.

I have not idea at this point, it's just scary that there is no one to talk to about this all weekend....
This is very eye opening and is making me think twice before placing money onto cards on my account. I have at times had over a grand on several different cards before vacation. Right now I only have like a ninety bucks on one. We need to know if our money is "protected" or not on this site.

Thank you OP for letting us know this. Thankfully my cards were safe.
I hope that you are able to quickly resolve this tomorrow.

How do you take the cards off the site? Just hit delete? I’d rather take my chances in my house than on that site.

I just checked mine and all is well. Won’t be adding any new ones but must wait to figure out how to delete. If I hit delete, the balance remains intact?

I just checked mine and all is well. Won’t be adding any new ones but must wait to figure out how to delete. If I hit delete, the balance remains intact?
Your balance will remain intact. Just make sure you have the card it’s on. FWIW I’ve used the site since day one and have never had an issue. In fact it’s saved my DD when she lost her card.

I agree with gottalovepluto, it sounds like the OP’s account was hacked not the site.

I never leave gift cards with a balance on the website. I delete them before I log off the site.
I do the same. I only keep one card registered and that will always be one with a zero balance. I don’t trust Disney IT and the funds are not FDIC insured like a bank account. The last thing that I want to do is deal with trying to recover my money from Disney in the event of a hack.

OP, I’m so sorry that you’re dealing with this headache. Thank you for being proactive and warning others about the potential for such a catastrophic loss. I hope that it works out in your favor in the end.

Your balance will remain intact. Just make sure you have the card it’s on. FWIW I’ve used the site since day one and have never had an issue. In fact it’s saved my DD when she lost her card.

I agree with gottalovepluto, it sounds like the OP’s account was hacked not the site.
Can you tell me who you called because I lost a card and have not been able to get them to help me when I call the number on the site?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!