Please check your DIsney Gift Card accounts online

DizMe

Here we gooooo...
I've been following this thread with interest. I have always used the Disney gc site to transfer the balance from a recently acquired card onto my primary on the account. I thought the danger was in the unknown card. When I read about this experience the OP had, I quickly checked my account and I had 4 registered cards, all with a zero balance. I always transfer everything to my primary so I know that 3 of them were empty and I'm fairly sure no one would bother with my primary card, which if I'd had a balance on it would have been relatively small (under $50). But I do want to thank the OP and those who have offered advice about making sure to delete a card after you've transferred a balance to it. From now on, I will follow that advice!

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
sorry to hear this happened to you but so very glad it got straighten out--now you can really enjoy your trip

but thanks to you and your post OP--I checked the accounts on both my transfered to GC only to find one was $50 short--exactly--so I went through all my transfered or used GC to actually find the one that still had $50 on it

glad I found it now instead of when I was at the world in JAn or HAwaii in April

chicagodisneyguy

Mouseketeer
OP, what number/department did you call/email to get this resolved? It would be great to know who had the power to make this situation right in case it happens to any of us.

Congrats on getting your $$$ back!

chinarider

DIS Veteran
OP, what number/department did you call/email to get this resolved? It would be great to know who had the power to make this situation right in case it happens to any of us.

Congrats on getting your $$$ back!
It was the main lost/stolen number at Disney Gift Cards- S/W Joey and he followed up with twice the next day.the number is 877-650-4327 and you still need go thru all the recordings and stuff. They were very helpful but are only there M-F 7 to 5 Ca time

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
Good News-Finally got resolve today.....Praise God.....they recouped my money! They wont give out much more info-not sure what they dug up behind the scenes but I think Disney should have some sort of 24 lost/stolen/fraud hotline - especially when it comes to their website being compromised. .... maybe in the future they will. At least now I know I will sleep better tonight and still have spending money for my trip in two weeks.
Did you have to provide the receipt from when you originally purchased the card?

chinarider

DIS Veteran
My cards were quite old ( the favorites that I have been loading/reloading over the years) - They did not ask for any receipts but I could have tracked down my transfers if needed

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates