Please check your DIsney Gift Card accounts online

I've been following this thread with interest. I have always used the Disney gc site to transfer the balance from a recently acquired card onto my primary on the account. I thought the danger was in the unknown card. When I read about this experience the OP had, I quickly checked my account and I had 4 registered cards, all with a zero balance. I always transfer everything to my primary so I know that 3 of them were empty and I'm fairly sure no one would bother with my primary card, which if I'd had a balance on it would have been relatively small (under $50). But I do want to thank the OP and those who have offered advice about making sure to delete a card after you've transferred a balance to it. From now on, I will follow that advice!

sorry to hear this happened to you but so very glad it got straighten out--now you can really enjoy your trip

but thanks to you and your post OP--I checked the accounts on both my transfered to GC only to find one was $50 short--exactly--so I went through all my transfered or used GC to actually find the one that still had $50 on it

glad I found it now instead of when I was at the world in JAn or HAwaii in April

OP, what number/department did you call/email to get this resolved? It would be great to know who had the power to make this situation right in case it happens to any of us.

Congrats on getting your $$$ back!

OP, what number/department did you call/email to get this resolved? It would be great to know who had the power to make this situation right in case it happens to any of us.

It was the main lost/stolen number at Disney Gift Cards- S/W Joey and he followed up with twice the next day.the number is 877-650-4327 and you still need go thru all the recordings and stuff. They were very helpful but are only there M-F 7 to 5 Ca time

Good News-Finally got resolve today.....Praise God.....they recouped my money! They wont give out much more info-not sure what they dug up behind the scenes but I think Disney should have some sort of 24 lost/stolen/fraud hotline - especially when it comes to their website being compromised. .... maybe in the future they will. At least now I know I will sleep better tonight and still have spending money for my trip in two weeks.
Did you have to provide the receipt from when you originally purchased the card?

My cards were quite old ( the favorites that I have been loading/reloading over the years) - They did not ask for any receipts but I could have tracked down my transfers if needed

I recently had the same thing happen - unfortunately, I had $675 on a gift card that I had combined - logged in and saw it had been drained to $153. I called the number above, they researched it and said I had to reach out to shop Disney for help. Called shop Disney and they said Disney gift card was responsible. Long story short I went back and forth (even calling Target) and was told I have to get a court order for this to be followed up on. My local police department says it doesn't meet the criteria, especially since I don't have a suspect, which I can't get without them being involved......but I'm trying to get an exception. Long story short - unless there are any other suggestions out there, I'm probably out $500.

Do you mind sharing what happened - was your card just removed, was their fraud on it and spent at other places? Wondering if there's more I can do to push Disney Gift Card.

This could just be me being super suspicious now, but I followed the below thread on looking for a good gift card deal. The website there has Disney gift cards for 15% off in weird amounts of $525, $675, and $925 (I believe). I checked periodically and one day last week, they finally had some available, however in order to buy, you had to use apple or google pay with a debit card or use direct bank transfers like zelle; no credit card option or PayPal available, just payment directly involving your bank account and it was a weird way you had to pay like messaging the seller. Therefore I was out, but the amounts given seem to be around the amounts some here say they lost. Again, I could be super suspicious and don’t want to cause smoke, but I just find it very...odd fwiw.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/discounted-gift-card-web-sites.3755109/page-5

This could just be me being super suspicious now, but I followed the below thread on looking for a good gift card deal. The website there has Disney gift cards for 15% off in weird amounts of $525, $675, and $925 (I believe). I checked periodically and one day last week, they finally had some available, however in order to buy, you had to use apple or google pay with a debit card or use direct bank transfers like zelle; no credit card option or PayPal available, just payment directly involving your bank account and it was a weird way you had to pay like messaging the seller. Therefore I was out, but the amounts given seem to be around the amounts some here say they lost. Again, I could be super suspicious and don’t want to cause smoke, but I just find it very...odd fwiw.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/discounted-gift-card-web-sites.3755109/page-5
Thank you - I will check that out. If someone bought mine, they were probably shocked when $150 was no longer there as I was able to lock it down at that ppoint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter