Pleasantly Surprised - Yes, its cheesy !

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkerhon

DIS Veteran
.... but have to say -- we really liked the "Guardians of the Galaxy- Awesome Mix Live" show ! It helped that ds7 is obsessed with the movies, but it was a nice break from the heat, and the performers were very talented ! It does seem a bit - ok, maybe more than a bit- out of place, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be !

I agree 100%. I was casually strolling through World Showcase when Hooked on a Feeling pulled me into the America Gardens Theater. I did not give it much thought when it was announced, but I am glad I experienced it!

This is so good to hear! I have a friend going to WDW on Thursday, and she's newly obsessed with all of the Marvel movies. I told her about the Guardians live show, and she's interested. Also great to know it sounds like it's indoors in the air conditioning. I bet she'll love it!

This is so good to hear! I have a friend going to WDW on Thursday, and she's newly obsessed with all of the Marvel movies. I told her about the Guardians live show, and she's interested. Also great to know it sounds like it's indoors in the air conditioning. I bet she'll love it!
It is an outdoor theater. The sun is blocked out if you're not in the very back so it's definitely cooler than non-shaded areas of WS.

Also great to know it sounds like it's indoors in the air conditioning...
It is an outdoor theater. The sun is blocked out if you're not in the very back so it's definitely cooler than non-shaded areas of WS.
Epcot American Gardens Theater

EC-AGTheater-BE-N.jpg

EC-AGTheater-MS-E.jpg

I loved it! Found it really entertaining and the performers very talented. I am sorry it was not going to still be there when we go back.

I can't find any of my photos to compare but I think the guy in the role of the lead alien/singer was/is the same performer that did the role of the Kanzo at the various Club Villain events we attended. The makeup used on the characters is so different it was hard to tell. Not to mention the seating at the theater is much further away than the seating at CV was. And my old eyes are well, old. LOL

I think most everyone is going in not expecting much and then being blown away-the crowds are really responding to it!:)

Great music,great talent,great special effects.

As a huge J5 fan,I would go see it for the Finale alone!:)

I can't find any of my photos to compare but I think the guy in the role of the lead alien/singer was/is the same performer that did the role of the Kanzo at the various Club Villain events we attended.
And the bass player looks a lot like the bass player for Mulch,Sweat & Shears.:)

I think most everyone is going in not expecting much and then being blown away-the crowds are really responding to it!:)

Great music,great talent,great special effects.

As a huge J5 fan,I would go see it for the Finale alone!:)
I sure hope this means they'll do more things similar to this. Or, keep something similar, maybe a concert featuring the band using the name they pick at the end and move it up to the stage by the fountains in future world. You know, since they are building the ride there and all.

And what do y'all think, same guy? (best photo I could pull from mine, and one I found online)
Made me wonder if the girls could have been the same too. With the red makeup and wigs there is no way I can tell
99D5A538-1735-46AD-A185-8F87EC7A0786.jpg

I sure hope this means they'll do more things similar to this. Or, keep something similar, maybe a concert featuring the band using the name they pick at the end and move it up to the stage by the fountains in future world. You know, since they are building the ride there and all.

And what do y'all think, same guy? (best photo I could pull from mine, and one I found online)
Made me wonder if the girls could have been the same too. With the red makeup and wigs there is no way I can tell
I think you are definitely right, looks like the same person!

Not sure about the guy, but the little female singer was the cutest thing- and what a voice ! Both were great !

And what do y'all think, same guy?
Good eye Angi. I saw him in Villains a few times and thought he was great, and AFAIK, that is the same guy. PEO does crowd control for the shows and I've seen at least three different combinations of performers.

Yep, same guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter