Plaza Inn at lunch/dinner

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
I just realized you can only make reservations for breakfast. Had a few questions after watching a YouTube video:

1.Will there be a long wait for lunch or dinner since they don't accept reservations?
2.I see pricing online per dish. It looks from the video that you go up to a station and get your food. I'm assuming it's not all you can eat, so you just go to whatever station and then to a cashier, or do they have a waitstaff they takes your order?

Thanks!

If I am remembering correctly, you go to the station that has what you want and then to the cashier. Keep in mind, it is NOT character dining at lunch and dinner. It's basically just counter service.

This is just a counter service restaurant. Like many of these places you go to the counter you want and order your precooked food. Then you take that to a register and checkout. We haven't been in years since we no longer eat meat. Years ago I didnt think the wait for food was long. I THINK they are doing a boxed show FP meal for Pixar parade here now.

I just realized you can only make reservations for breakfast. Had a few questions after watching a YouTube video:

1.Will there be a long wait for lunch or dinner since they don't accept reservations?
2.I see pricing online per dish. It looks from the video that you go up to a station and get your food. I'm assuming it's not all you can eat, so you just go to whatever station and then to a cashier, or do they have a waitstaff they takes your order?

Thanks!
It is counter service at lunch/dinner. For waits, it really depends on what time you are going. They do have an organized line, and even when it’s extended back pretty far I don’t think it was that long of a wait.

In the main area, you pick up your food. Counters with the main entrees (pot roast, fried chicken), desserts, pasta, salads. And drink stations. Then you go to cashier and pay. When it’s busy they usually have a CM helping you find a table, but sometimes it’s just up to you to find one, but again, I’ve never had problems finding one (there are lots outside too).

This summer they also have a to-go package option with reserved viewing for Pixar Play Parade, though I think it is unnecessary as the parade itself isn’t amazing, and you can usually find decent spots ahead of time.

Granted we try to go to the parks at slower times but we also go to dinner early, at about 4:30. When we go to the Plaza Inn there aren't very many people and pretty much no lines. Nothing better than eating that delicious chicken dinner in the atrium dining room and just watching all that's going on outside. It's usually quiet in there too.

As others have said, the line length can vary, but for the most part there aren't very long lines. What I've seen happen is that they form the main line outside the main entrance and let people in in groups (probably as the food service area empties). Once you get inside, there are several different "stations" that you can choose from. The salads and desserts are in the middle (directly in front as you enter). The entrees are along the back wall (both sides serve the same things, so it doesn't really matter which line you get in) and drinks are to the sides. After you select your food, you go to the cashiers and then you can find a table.

Breakfast takes reservations because it's a character meal. They use the same food stations, but it's set-up as a buffet (all you care to eat). At lunch and dinner there are no characters and it's a regular quick service/counter service type location (a la carte pricing).

And also to note: Though many are saying it's "just" regular lunch/dinner and not a character meal -- this is obviously true; however, don't let the "just" fool you. It has two of my favorite meals in the park: The Fried Chicken Dinner and the Cobb Salad.

I love their fried chicken. I always say I'm going to try the pot roast because it looks good too. But...I just can't resist the chicken every time.

Just a correction to Xenorye's post, the Cobb salad was replaced by a 3 bean salad. Not nearly as good as the Cobb salad, which was my favorite meal in the park. Now, instead of a bread stick, they put croutons on the salad. Not even close to being the same.

The fried chicken is our hands down absolute favorite park food. We also tend to eat early (kids lol) and lines are fairly quick. It can get crazy at peak time, but there is so much seating that is never an issue. We try to send 2 or 3 adults inside to get all of the food while the remaining adult heads to a table outside with kids and the stroller. Pushing the stroller through there is annoying and you have to go up stairs.

Just a correction to Xenorye's post, the Cobb salad was replaced by a 3 bean salad. Not nearly as good as the Cobb salad, which was my favorite meal in the park. Now, instead of a bread stick, they put croutons on the salad. Not even close to being the same.
Oh... oh no. My wife is not going to be happy.

The pot roast is amazing. I used to only get the chicken and one day decided I'd finally mix it up and now I'm hooked on their pot roast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter