Plaza Gardens restaurant

tmp

Mouseketeer
With less than a month til our trip(yippee!!)I am trying to get a rough idea of places to eat.
One restaurant I have always fancied is Plaza Gardens.
Will I need to make a reservation or can you just walk in?Don't really want to reserve and then be tied down to eating at a particular restaurant at a certain time if you know what I mean.
Also want to avoid character meal sittings as my two aren't 'into' dining with Mickey!
Can anyone tell me what times are better avoided?
Thanks.

We eat there for supper around 5pm in the summer.
Lovely buffet with collection of nice cold starters, main meals and sweets.

Our visit was August when the parks were at there busiest, but we walked in off the street. Mind you the parks were open until 11pm, so many eat much later.

Have a look at www.dlpfoodguide.com for comments from previous visitors, the Hutchison's sound a nice family ;)

Reid

Hi,

Plaza Garden is great. The just reduced the price to 20€ and the food is really great.
Most the times you can just walk on. Best time to go is around 3pm or later. You should know that when you go in the afternoon the right queue (when you are standing in front of the restaurant) is for the people that are joining the charcter birthday party at 3 and 4:30pm, and you have to walk on the left side for the restaurant. :goodvibes

Greets Renate :wizard:

This has just made it onto my "to do" list for next Feb!

Where would you find the Plaza Gardens? Trouble is so many things are shut off peak, you could wander past and miss something.

You'd be hard pushed to miss the Plaza Gardens - as you go from Main Street to Discoveryland it's the big restaurant on your right just before the entrance to Discoveryland.

Plaza Gardens is also on my "to do" list for next month, especially as the buffet price has been reduced! :)

The all you can eat buffet was great when we did it last March, we didn't book, good selection of hot and cold main meals from pizzas & salads through to roast meats and veg. and a scrummy selection of desserts.

We've done the character tea as well in there which was equally delicious, but bear in mind it is all desserts, cakes, mousses, jelly - it was fantastic IMHO, but then I'm usually the one who says I'll just have a starter, whilst planning what puddings I can fit in afterwards. :flower:

Just had another thought if the weather is nice, you can eat out on the patio and get a great view if you time it when one of the parades is on. :earsgirl:

jillrobinson said:
Just had another thought if the weather is nice, you can eat out on the patio and get a great view if you time it when one of the parades is on. :earsgirl:

Thanks for that tip Jill. I've written it in my notebook because my memory is like a sieve and I'll never remember otherwise!:teeth:

That's a great tip Jill, thanks. I'm like Elaine - I'm going to have to go through the entire forum before we leave and write down all of the useful tips everyone's been coming up with!

Tell you what, Bonnie, I'll start a new thread asking everyone to put their tips on.:flower:

dlpSteve said:
You'd be hard pushed to miss the Plaza Gardens - as you go from Main Street to Discoveryland it's the big restaurant on your right just before the entrance to Discoveryland.

I can't believe I missed that one. I must have wandered right past! So busy craning my neck to see everything at once!!! :blush: :rolleyes1

Unless you are looking out for it you are probably drawn more towards the castle or the entrances to Discoveryland and Fantasyland - unless you are hungry it probably doesn't catch your attention as much as all the other awesome DLRP attractions on display.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter