Play Stay and Dine at Pop

klmmom

Earning My Ears
Doe anyone know why there aren't any rooms available for the Play Stay and Dine deal at Pop? There are rooms available but not for this deal. Do they continue to release rooms for packages or am I out of luck? We are going the last week in January/first week Feb. If I book just the hotel and ticket package right now will I be able to switch to the discounted dining if it become available?

Thanks

I am in the same boat. I tried to get this discount when it was announced for Disney Visa holders last week and my travel agent informed me that there was no availability at POP. I did some research this morning and found that I can not get the discount at POR either. It looks like the availability for this discount was very small at the most popular Value and Mid range resorts. I was hoping that with the attendance down turn, we would see a bigger offering but it looks like this discount may be going by the way as Free Dining is, Disney will offer it, but it won't fit into most peoples vacation plans or is so limited that only a very few lucky people will be able to actually get it. This is disappointing to say the least.

This may make you feel better, or worse actually. We originally booked our room at Pop in late June/early July. We need two rooms, but for comparison I'll give you the rate we had for 1. We have 4 people with 2 kids under 10. We booked for 7 nights with the regular dining plan and 6 day 1 park tickets. Our total was $3460. We were logged on the moment the deals were released and were able to score the PSD deal for Pop. We put in the exact same criteria and our rate with the deal was MORE ($3571.78) than our price was with no special! Maybe the prices on the dining plan went up or something, I don't know, but it made no sense. We ended up moving our reservation to All Star Sports where we had no trouble getting the PSD deal.

We are going from 1/15-1/22 and staying at Pop. I had to shorten our trip by one day to get the Play, Stay, and Dine deal. It didn't even matter if I chose 1/15-1/21 or 1/16-1/22, I could get the deal for either time period and still could as of yesterday (I have been checking back periodically on the website to see if there is a chance of getting all 7 nights). So as of right now, we have a room only for 1/15 and then PSD for 1/16-22, as this was the least expensive option. We lose out on 1 day of meals, but it saved a lot more money than 1 day of meals. Not sure if this would help you or not, but you might want to try playing around withe the dates.

This may make you feel better, or worse actually. We originally booked our room at Pop in late June/early July. We need two rooms, but for comparison I'll give you the rate we had for 1. We have 4 people with 2 kids under 10. We booked for 7 nights with the regular dining plan and 6 day 1 park tickets. Our total was $3460. We were logged on the moment the deals were released and were able to score the PSD deal for Pop. We put in the exact same criteria and our rate with the deal was MORE ($3571.78) than our price was with no special! Maybe the prices on the dining plan went up or something, I don't know, but it made no sense. We ended up moving our reservation to All Star Sports where we had no trouble getting the PSD deal.

It showed up this way for me as well when I tried to change to PSD at first, but then when I looked more carefully the deal wasn't available for the dates so it was actually just standard rate. It didn't actually tell me the deal wasn't available, it just showed standard rate in the part that shows your vacation offer.

I just wanted to give an update and let people know that more rooms opened up for Pay Stay and Dine at Pop so I was able to change my reservation online and get the discounted dining plan. It's worth it to check again!

I was able to get PSD at POP. I originally booked in June, then altered the day it was released to the general public. 1 adult, 3 kids, standard dining plan. Saved about $200.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!