Plastic tent pegs?

jwill

Hockey playing Fly Boy
I will be camping at F.W. in December and am flying down. My gear will be in a large hockey bag. As I am packing, the bag seemed to be getting closer to the 70 lb weight limit (without having to pay extra). After shifting some items to my regular suitcase it is somewhat lighter. If I replace the metal pegs with plastic ones I could save additional pound or two.

My question is, Will the plastic tent pegs go in and hold adequately in the surface of the campsite?

I would think so. The pads are a packed sand/shell mixture, so if the pegs are angled corectly it should hold.

Have fun ºOº

I agree with Tim as long as your pegging down on the pad. However, every now and then when staking out my awning on my pop up I have to stake off the pad in the sand and that does require the 12" metal sand stakes. But the pads hold a stake much better and the plastic ones work just fine.

I don't know much about stakes, but I have seen lower weight limits than 70 lately. I hope they don't change it on you!

Have a great trip!

You should have no problem as long as you pound them in nice and deep. We camped in Feb of 2001 and I eventually had to pound our plastic stakes into the ground and pull them out by the nylon tag attached to the tent. It rained the day we got there and set up so the gorund may have been too loose, but after a couple pegs loosened up and pulled out, I whacked them real good, and they stayed put. Good luck and have fun, you'll love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter