Plastic Snow Globes

C

catwho

Does anyone know where (if) you can find plastic snow globes at WDW? My 7yo has a large (and growing) collection of real snow globes but I know she would love to have one (or more) that she could actually take down, shake, play with and not worry about it getting broken or me getting upset that I found it on the floor where it could (did) get broken.

Yes; I'm asking for pure tourist clap trap. She loves snow globes so much but misses out that the thing she has decided to collect isn't something that is very portable or playable. My ds collects die cast ride toys and my oldest child collects pins and pens. So I thought I would look for a plastic one for her this next trip.

:earsgirl:

The World of Disney store in Downtown Disney does. They aren't with the glass snow globes but with the tourist stuff. :) My DD also collects snowglobes.

Oh thanks for the reply! We always hit DTD the first afternoon as our "ease into the Disney fun" so hopefully we will find them easy enough (if finding anything in WOD is easy. I get lost just turning around in that store! LOL!)

Thanks again

LOL! Uh, Thanks, Hitchhiking Ghost, but a bit out of my 7 yo dd's price range! My key word here were "cheap" "plastic" "playable" Although she would probably adore having any of these if you are looking for a Fairy God Daughter to adopt ;)

Even the plastic snowglobes aren't cheep at Disney. I think they were between $6-10, but still cheaper than the glass ones. LOL

Thanks again Bobcat! She collects the mini globes that run in the $8-$12 range (thankfully!) $6 is less and considering she will personally get more out of it in the next few years a good investment. Considering her sister shells out $6-$15 for every pin and her brother buys the cast iron toys for $5 each (and he wants all of them LOL!) I think we can afford one or two $6 snowglobes.

originally posted by CatWho
LOL! Uh, Thanks, Hitchhiking Ghost, but a bit out of my 7 yo dd's price range! My key word here were "cheap" "plastic" "playable" Although she would probably adore having any of these if you are looking for a Fairy God Daughter to adopt
GFY, CatWho, just trying to be helpful, did not see the word "cheap" anywhere in the OP. I was thinking you might wish to purchase a nice one, for her birthday or other special occasion, for her collection that she could display. Or maybe on your next DIS trip you could have it sent to the room by the front desk like it came from Cinderella or something. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter