Planning your days?

For me it depends on what park I'm going to and how long I'll be there from day to day.

During my next trip, I know I'm going to have a day at MK where I'll be there from rope drop to midnight or later due to the Halloween Party, so I will definitely want to plan a bit more relaxation time into the days before and after that MK day. :)

We spend a lot of time planning our trip. In fact I must spend all of 10 minutes to plan our annual trip (deciding where we will be dining each night). A vacation for me is this, a time for my wife and myself to rest and enjoy. How can you do that when you have an itinerary that dictates your every move? We never know when or where we are going to be day by day. We are lucky because we travel without the children or grandchildren now so that makes it easy for us to have such an open plan for every day there.

I've never done a trip this long, but I know when we do a 10 day trip, I'm usually go-go-go for the first few days before I start to need a break. So, I, personally, would plan the first 4 full days as park days, and then go with the 2 park days then a break day. It will all depend on your touring style.
:)
In regards to Universal studios, if you have time, you might want to plan two days there. If you are a total ride junkie (lots of roller coasters and such) two days would be good at Universal. But if you are only going for the Harry Potter stuff, then one day will do, but you will want to get a park-to-park pass so you can ride Hogwart's Express!

I'm super jealous that you get to do such a long trip!! Happy planning!

I tend to plan my trips in a fairly detailed way - to some extent this is unavoidable in order to book fast passes 60 days in advance.

But my plans are certainly variable once I arrive. And when I have a particular park in my plan, this typically means I will only spend half a day in the park and the rest of the time I'll do whatever I feel like - relaxing, going to the pool, another park, boardwalk or just wander around). Then again, if I'm really enjoying myself I may just stay at that park for the whole day.

If it helps any, this is my plan for my trip in May next year:

Day 1 - arrival
Day 2 - Universal Studios
Day 3 - Volcano Bay
Day 4 - Sea World
Day 5 - Discovery Cove
Day 6 - Universal Studios
Day 7 - Magic Kingdom
Day 8 - Blizzard Beach
Day 9 - Animal Kingdom
Day 10 - Hollywood Studios
Day 11 - No plans
Day 12 - Aquatica
Day 13 - Epcot
Day 14 - No plans
Day 15 - Typhoon Lagoon
Day 16 - No plans
Day 17 - departure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter