Planning your days?

mikeishere

Mouseketeer
how does everyone plan their days and put an itinerary together for a 2 week break? How many days do you have in the parks consecutively before you need a pool / chill day / water park day as I’m trying to plan my days but don’t know when too many park days one after the other is too much and then I need to plan a day in Universal Studios Resort, also and when to slot in Disney Springs?

how does everyone plan their days and put an itinerary together for a 2 week break? How many days do you have in the parks consecutively before you need a pool / chill day / water park day as I’m trying to plan my days but don’t know when too many park days one after the other is too much and then I need to plan a day in Universal Studios Resort, also and when to slot in Disney Springs?

I think it really depends on who you’re going with and what their tolerance is for the parks. On park days, are you planning to spend most of the day there without a break? If so then maybe two park days followed by a chill day at the hotel or Disney Springs. If you’re planning on a two week vacation then you really have the luxury of time and being able to spread things out and go at your own pace. Are you planning to stay on property?

I think it really depends on who you’re going with and what their tolerance is for the parks. On park days, are you planning to spend most of the day there without a break? If so then maybe two park days followed by a chill day at the hotel or Disney Springs. If you’re planning on a two week vacation then you really have the luxury of time and being able to spread things out and go at your own pace. Are you planning to stay on property?

im going solo and staying at Disney Dolphin hotel. 2 days then chill day sounds good with me :)

That’s awesome! If it’s just you then you can pretty much do whatever you want. That sounds like it will be a great time!

I just tried too pencil a day to day plan together and realised I do have enough time and can even have time to do one park more than once with enough chill and water park days. I guess in my mind their is so much to see and do in Disney it seemed overwhelming and thought I still needed a full on 2 weeks that was none stop but seems I’ll have enough time and time to go to universal studios for a day

I just tried too pencil a day to day plan together and realised I do have enough time and can even have time to do one park more than once with enough chill and water park days. I guess in my mind their is so much to see and do in Disney it seemed overwhelming and thought I still needed a full on 2 weeks that was none stop but seems I’ll have enough time and time to go to universal studios for a day

There is a ton to do and no matter how long I visit I always feel like I need more time. I think you’re going to have so much time that you won’t feel the need to go full on every day. Being at the dolphin you are close to the boardwalk area and Epcot. You can split your days up for variety as well.

A popular thing to do is do pool day/Disney Springs day on arrival. I learned the hard way that doing a park on the very first day can be a bit stressful: "will I make my FP & dinner reservations?" kind of thing.

I've never done two weeks. Here is what my personal plan would probably look like if I did it (park day presume Disney Parks):

Day 1 - Arrival Day
Day 2 - Park Day
Day 3 - Park Day
Day 4 - Park Day
Day 5 - Park Day
Day 6 - Pool/DS Day
Day 7 - Park Day
Day 8 - Park Day
Day 9 - Universal
Day 10 - Park Day
Day 11 - Pool/DS Day
Day 12 - Park Day
Day 13 - Park Day
Day 14 - Departure

What park on what day depends on hours and whether or not I have access to EMH & park hopper (though in the case of a two week trip I would be hard pressed to get hopper since that is more than enough time to do what I would like with base tickets). On a side note, I personally would consider doing two days at Universal just to hop out of that Disney bubble for a tiny bit longer as I know I would need to avoid OD'ing on it XD.

Usual trip length about 17 days (e.g. 9th-26th December) as we travel from UK. We follow EMH in the mornings so have a one day break from the parks on a non EMH day. We don't spend full days in the parks, preferring to have either a break at the resort and return at dusk, or go to the pool or a water park in the afternoon,. We have one full day out of the parks per trip, to go to the mall or cinema.

Pencilled this together -

day 1 - arrival
Day 2 - Disney Studios
Day 3 - MK
Day 4 - pool day
Day 5 - Epcot
Day 6 - Universal Studios
Day 7 - pool day / DS
Day 8 - Animal Kingdom
Day 9 - Universal Studios
Day 10 - water park
Day 11- Epcot or D Studios or water park
Day 12 - BIRTHDAY - MK - Mickey not so scary Halloween Party ( if can get ticket)
Day 13 - Pool day / DS
Day 14- D Studios or Animal kingdom or Epcot

A few or’s in 2nd week as depends what have done and haven’t done I suppose

day 1 - arrival
Day 2 - Disney Studios
Day 3 - MK
Day 4 - pool day
Day 5 - Epcot
Day 7 - pool day / DS
Day 8 - Animal Kingdom
Day 10 - water park
Day 12 - BIRTHDAY - MK - Mickey not so scary Halloween Party ( if can get ticket)
Day 13 - Pool day / DS

Looks good! When is your trip?

day 1 - arrival
Day 2 - Disney Studios
Day 3 - MK
Day 4 - pool day
Day 5 - Epcot
Day 7 - pool day / DS
Day 8 - Animal Kingdom
Day 10 - water park
Day 13 - Pool day / DS

'Disney Studios' means Disney Springs, right?

If you’re so inclined, I’ve done some
Spa services on my solo “down days”. Love to do a work out then get some pool time in. Have lunch and go to the spa. Wonderful break from the busyness of the parks. Enjoy yourself!!

If you’re so inclined, I’ve done some
Spa services on my solo “down days”. Love to do a work out then get some pool time in. Have lunch and go to the spa. Wonderful break from the busyness of the parks. Enjoy yourself!!

thanks that sounds really good actually :)

day 1 - arrival
Day 2 - Disney Studios
Day 3 - MK
Day 4 - pool day
Day 5 - Epcot
Day 7 - pool day / DS
Day 8 - Animal Kingdom
Day 10 - water park
Day 13 - Pool day / DS

I think this is a pretty good plan. Also, I assume that Disney Studios = Hollywood Studios :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter