Planning trip for next year....Dh thinks I'm nuts!

talie95

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone. We just returned from a 2 1/2 day mini-vacation at DLR last week and I'm already starting to get ideas and plan for next year. We will be going around the same time (10/07) since my dd has fall break so we don't have to take her out of school. We were originally planning to do Sea World/Zoo next year but we had so much fun at DLR that we decided we'd have to go back again! Maybe if we have enough time and $$ we can do both! Who knows! Anyway, my dh thinks I'm crazy since I'm already thinking about next year's trip but I think it's fun to plan. We are definitely going to spend 3 full days this time since we didn't have as much time as we would have liked on our recent trip. Next time I definitely want to do a character breakfast, and have a little more time at DCA. So, how far ahead do you start planning?

We have definite plans for Feb 07 and we are 90% sure for Nov 07 (see my post about annual passes!!)

If you are crazy, then so are most of us here! :rotfl2: I have 4 trips in the works and I just got back from one two weeks ago! I have Oct and Dec 06 planned, and working on Feb 07 and May 07 at WDW.

Welcome to our world! I definitely think you should spend atleast three days, and if you can manage it, a San Diego/DL vacation is very doable. Funny from most posts I see, people go to DL first, then San Diego. I like to save Disney for the grand finale always so I do everything else first!

Andrea

Planning ahead is a great idea.

I booked and began paying for my trip on the 29th last November; the day after Thanksgiving to be specific....

I know I could have gotten a cheaper deal somewhere else; but I booked everything through Disney Travel (Disneyland Hotel Suite, meal plan, tickets, add-ons, etc). I paid the $200 deposit that day, and just paid equal amounts monthly until it was paid (last pmt in Aug). It made it so simple to break up the $4000 bill without using a credit card.

I fully expect to spend more on food (and everything else), but the bulk of items are prepaid; no Visa bills, no worries. :thumbsup2

Also; if you're going to be there the entire fall break week; perhaps the City Passes are a good idea??? 3 days at Disneyland Resort and (I think) 2 or 3 entrances into other parks; including the SD Zoo or Animal Park, Knotts, and Universal....

In any case.... Have a great time--both planning and doing!!! :cool1:

I too am in my planning stages, my husband says to let him know when we are going 2 months ahead so he can put in his vacation request and he wants to hear nothing else until then! i tend to obsess alot about the trip being as perfect as possible ! Hey other people have far worse habits ....planning our trip and hanging out on the dis boards are calorie free, drug free and have no bad side effects! Ok , maybe I should get up and clean my house , but it is not going anywhere!
Enjoy your planning!

I've been planning our next years October trip since we got back from DL in July! So if your crazy then I'm surely crazy too! LOL Three days is a must. We've done a lot of 2 days trips and it just doesn't cut it anymore. When I was a kid maybe, because there was no DCA. But now with the two parks it's just too much to do and see in two days for us anyway. One year we did DL and Universal, it's very doable. You'll be tired, but very doable! :)

JenDisneylandlver said:
I've been planning our next years October trip since we got back from DL in July! So if your crazy then I'm surely crazy too! LOL Three days is a must. We've done a lot of 2 days trips and it just doesn't cut it anymore. When I was a kid maybe, because there was no DCA. But now with the two parks it's just too much to do and see in two days for us anyway. One year we did DL and Universal, it's very doable. You'll be tired, but very doable! :)

Yes, things have definitely changed since I was a kid. I grew up in So Cal so we went to DL every year and spending 2 days there was like a special treat. We could see everything and go at a leisurely pace. Now that I'm going back with my kids and there's so many more rides (and of course, DCA) 2 days isn't enough. We only spent a couple hours at DCA and didn't have nearly enough time to roam TSI, have a character breakfast, or do any other little things I would have liked.

I am constantly planning DL or WDW trips, even when I don't have the money (you just never know :teeth: ) We have a trip to DL in Dec and I'm already planning our next trip in Nov or Dec 2007. I haven't quite decided which resort I will go to (probably WDW) put planning is half the fun!

We got back from our first trip to Disneyland on September 29, and what a great time we had! My birthday was last weekend, and DH kept asking me what I wanted. I couldn't really think of anything, except that I need a new watch, and when he kept asking, I thought for a minute and said, "You really want to know what I want? I want to go back to Disneyland next year." He didn't gasp, didn't look horrified, just looked...thoughtful. Then he said, "OK..."

I said, "OK what? OK we'll do it?" and he said, "Well, if that's really what you want, then yes, we'll do it!" Am I lucky, or what?! :love2:

heh, for me, when i feel like going, i just go XD

id say a month mainly for hotels and airfare is enough

talie95 said:
Hello everyone. We just returned from a 2 1/2 day mini-vacation at DLR last week and I'm already starting to get ideas and plan for next year. We will be going around the same time (10/07) since my dd has fall break so we don't have to take her out of school. We were originally planning to do Sea World/Zoo next year but we had so much fun at DLR that we decided we'd have to go back again! Maybe if we have enough time and $$ we can do both! Who knows! Anyway, my dh thinks I'm crazy since I'm already thinking about next year's trip but I think it's fun to plan. We are definitely going to spend 3 full days this time since we didn't have as much time as we would have liked on our recent trip. Next time I definitely want to do a character breakfast, and have a little more time at DCA. So, how far ahead do you start planning?

how far in advance do I plan? Much to myfriends dismay,(she has to listen to me) a LONG time. It's fun. I'm already planning next May and have booked rooms. Things may change, but since I dont get charged for booking and I can cancel no harm done. Sometimes you have to plan way ahead with kids in school.

:Pinkbounc

NO,no,no,no. You are not nuts,just well organized. :thumbsup2 Yeah,that's the ticket.Well organized. :cool1:

How doe's that saying go? Proper planning,prevents poor preformance. Or something to that effect? :confused3

my dh thinks I'm crazy since I'm already thinking about next year's trip

We must all be crazy then!!!!! I'm planning for September 2007 - granted we are coming for a 13+ hour flight and the cost for 4 of us will be 1/2 a years average Australian wages, but I digresss.... we've started thinking about it in around May this year.

it's good to have something to look forward to and plan for. When all else fails around us we know though there is something special coming up.

Go for IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kylie H
Sydney Australia

We are going for Halloween, and I've already started some preplanning on our next trip in either Fall 07 or Early Spring 08.

LOL When it comes to Disneyland vacations, you are never crazy, and if you think you are, just remember that everyone else is crazy too, which makes us all very normal! HeHe! Have a fun time planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter