Planning my proposal Next week

Vetgutierrez

Earning My Ears
So I have everything ready in my mind.. Tuesday 25th is her birthday the 27th is our 1year anniversary. We are going for 3 Days. (Magic morning), I saved and got her THE perfect Diamond ring from Disney’s jewelry store $$$$$$. I just could not afford staying at a hotel in DL atm since my mother passed away recently I am on a very tight budget.....Next time for sure!
My plan is , on her birthday the 25th we will do MM and I’ll tell her to wait In the line before we go in and I’ll go upgrade her tickets to the yearly pass as my gift for her and Inform a cast member of my plan, that as soon as they open the doors @ 7am I’m going to wander with her to the beautiful wishing well next to the castle acting as if I got lost trying to hurry to space mountain (shell be irritated with me by then for sure!) I’ll have the Chewbacca backpack on so I’ll be hard to miss! .... I’d love to have a CM taking pictures right Before ( I have max pass)
My questions..
How do I make this happen..?
How do I know what cast member to approach?
A note perhaps to a standing CM while walking thru DT ?
She a hopeless romantic why I chose the wishing well.. what else am I missing??
Thanks for all the help! I’m a nervous wreck, even tho I know she will say yes.... It’s a BIG step for me but I truly know she is my one and only that will complete my happily ever after!!!!

VGutierrez aka Mexican Donald Duck! 03

Congratulations! I highly recommend you post this in the Disneyland forum (maybe with a title like "Are There PhotoPass Photographers Near the Castle During Magic Mornings?" or "How Do I Get a Cast Member to Help Me with a Surprise Proposal?") so that you can get the advice of Disneyland pros.

Otherwise, it's luck of the draw with Cast Members and their willingness to help out. If there's any chance someone you know will be there at the same time (or maybe a fellow DISer), that might be your best bet for guaranteed assistance.

Congratulations! I highly recommend you post this in the Disneyland forum (maybe with a title like "Are There PhotoPass Photographers Near the Castle During Magic Mornings?" or "How Do I Get a Cast Member to Help Me with a Surprise Proposal?") so that you can get the advice of Disneyland pros.

Otherwise, it's luck of the draw with Cast Members and their willingness to help out. If there's any chance someone you know will be there at the same time (or maybe a fellow DISer), that might be your best bet for guaranteed assistance.
:P And I referred him to this board to get more insight in proposing, as the question comes up here more often, lol

:P And I referred him to this board to get more insight in proposing, as the question comes up here more often, lol

:rotfl: I just know that most of the people who post in this forum are Walt Disney World pros, not Disneyland pros. I was at Disneyland last weekend and I still don't know whether they have Photopass photographers out near the castle in the morning. I saw one at the end of Main Street, I think...

There aren't as many Photopass Photographers at Disneyland as there are Disney World, period. Like Lurkyloo said, I can't tell you if there would be photopass out that early.

As for finding a Cast Member who can help, the problem is you're going to be away from her to speak to someone who's outside the park. They can't exactly come in the park with you if their job keeps them outside. Your best bet is if you can split off from her inside the park, near the wishing well. It is luck of the draw, but find someone who looks friendly and ask. The worst they can do is say no. If they don't want to help, move onto the next one. The nicer you are, the nicer they will be.

So I have everything ready in my mind.. Tuesday 25th is her birthday the 27th is our 1year anniversary. We are going for 3 Days. (Magic morning), I saved and got her THE perfect Diamond ring from Disney’s jewelry store $$$$$$. I just could not afford staying at a hotel in DL atm since my mother passed away recently I am on a very tight budget.....Next time for sure!
My plan is , on her birthday the 25th we will do MM and I’ll tell her to wait In the line before we go in and I’ll go upgrade her tickets to the yearly pass as my gift for her and Inform a cast member of my plan, that as soon as they open the doors @ 7am I’m going to wander with her to the beautiful wishing well next to the castle acting as if I got lost trying to hurry to space mountain (shell be irritated with me by then for sure!) I’ll have the Chewbacca backpack on so I’ll be hard to miss! .... I’d love to have a CM taking pictures right Before ( I have max pass)
My questions..
How do I make this happen..?
How do I know what cast member to approach?
A note perhaps to a standing CM while walking thru DT ?
She a hopeless romantic why I chose the wishing well.. what else am I missing??
Thanks for all the help! I’m a nervous wreck, even tho I know she will say yes.... It’s a BIG step for me but I truly know she is my one and only that will complete my happily ever after!!!!

VGutierrez aka Mexican Donald Duck! 03
Congratulations! It is so sweet how much thought you put into this! One other question you also might want to ask yourself... how will you get the ring through security without her seeing it? My fiancee was planning to propose to me in Disneyland (of course unbeknownst to me) and he didn't consider this question, so he left the ring in our hotel room because he realized he didn't know how he was going to get it through without me seeing to give himself another day to think it through (we were going back the next day). Luckily, it became a non-issue, because we got a free upgrade at the Hilton Anaheim to a theme park view, and when we came back to the hotel room, we had a surprise view of the fireworks and he took the opportunity to grab the ring and do it then! But you seem like you have a more elaborate plan. I believe Disney Fairy Tale Weddiings does do proposals too, but I haven't heard much about it, but you could try calling and see what they say.

If they can't help (or if they want money to help) is there any way you can enter the park at a different time? How are you getting to the park (bus? walking? driving?) Where are you staying?

Congratulations! It is so sweet how much thought you put into this! One other question you also might want to ask yourself... how will you get the ring through security without her seeing it? My fiancee was planning to propose to me in Disneyland (of course unbeknownst to me) and he didn't consider this question, so he left the ring in our hotel room because he realized he didn't know how he was going to get it through without me seeing to give himself another day to think it through (we were going back the next day). Luckily, it became a non-issue, because we got a free upgrade at the Hilton Anaheim to a theme park view, and when we came back to the hotel room, we had a surprise view of the fireworks and he took the opportunity to grab the ring and do it then! But you seem like you have a more elaborate plan. I believe Disney Fairy Tale Weddiings does do proposals too, but I haven't heard much about it, but you could try calling and see what they say.

If they can't help (or if they want money to help) is there any way you can enter the park at a different time? How are you getting to the park (bus? walking? driving?) Where are you staying?

I was planning on proposing on a trip to WDW but didn't know exactly when/where so I kept it in my bag wherever we went......

Day 1 at the park...we had a very relaxed security guard check our bags. He didn't even open the pocket that the ring was in. I let my guard down....

Day 2....the security guard was THOROUGH. He opened the zipper with the ring in it. I start to panic a bit. I awkwardly step in front of my girlfriend (at the time, we are married now) to block her view as PULLS THE RING BOX ALL THE WAY OUT. He peeks at the box as I hear "what are you doing weirdo?" from over my shoulder. The guard has a moment where he realizes what is in his hand and he quickly replaces it and zips the pocket right back up, as I smoothly un-block my girlfriend's view. She somehow didn't see what happened.

But my mindset changed. I didn't want to have to do the body-block any more so I decided I would propose that day. I get nervous around crowds and we like being alone so I waited until we got back to the Caribbean Beach Resort. I suggested we go on a walk and we got to one of the Beach sections and had the whole area to ourselves. I figured it was as good a spot as any and got on a knee there to ask the question. Blah, blah, blah a few minutes later she goes.... "i saw the guard pull it out of your bag"

Aaah, why did she tell you? My husband made an enchanted rose for the proposal and there were quite a few clues what he was doing (we were already planning the wedding, so the proposal itself wasn't supposed to be a surprise). To this day he still thinks he pulled it of and I missed everything. I let him think that, he's so proud of it

Haha, I embellished the timing slightly. It took her a little while to tell me she knew. She also had apparently seen a picture of the ring that I texted to her Dad. Oops

UPDATE:
She said yes!! All worked out perfect! The guard did see the box but didn’t pull out, just told me open it as if it was the zipper and she saw and let us thru.. it was Magic Morning and so We headed towards castle.. there was no photographer in sight.... so I said let’s take a selfie here on the side, leading her more and more towards the well.. then I noticed there was 3 ppl there and so I asked if they could take a picture and handed them my phone on RECORD and I WINKED... we faked taking a photograph and I was so nervous and shaking and I got on one knee and proposed.. she had no clue... And said yes..! One of the person that was there and took a pictures was actually a Disney employee on his day off and with family, I can’t thank them enough for helping me out.. they knew exactly what I was about to do and pulled it nicely .. it was just us no one else since it was magic morning!! If they see this or know them please I am in debt....
Sooo I upgraded us to the year pass no block outs and now planing on going there in 2 weeks again!!
Definitely the Happiest place on earth!!!

I was planning on proposing on a trip to WDW but didn't know exactly when/where so I kept it in my bag wherever we went......

Day 1 at the park...we had a very relaxed security guard check our bags. He didn't even open the pocket that the ring was in. I let my guard down....

Day 2....the security guard was THOROUGH. He opened the zipper with the ring in it. I start to panic a bit. I awkwardly step in front of my girlfriend (at the time, we are married now) to block her view as PULLS THE RING BOX ALL THE WAY OUT. He peeks at the box as I hear "what are you doing weirdo?" from over my shoulder. The guard has a moment where he realizes what is in his hand and he quickly replaces it and zips the pocket right back up, as I smoothly un-block my girlfriend's view. She somehow didn't see what happened.

But my mindset changed. I didn't want to have to do the body-block any more so I decided I would propose that day. I get nervous around crowds and we like being alone so I waited until we got back to the Caribbean Beach Resort. I suggested we go on a walk and we got to one of the Beach sections and had the whole area to ourselves. I figured it was as good a spot as any and got on a knee there to ask the question. Blah, blah, blah a few minutes later she goes.... "i saw the guard pull it out of your bag"

Haha I love your woman she is sharp as a tack! My fiancee knew he wouldn't be able to get it by me so he didn't even try, he says I have eyes in the back of my head. You gotta pay close attention though, you never know when a rogue security guard might try to pocket your wallet when you're not looking! I'm sure it didn't detract at all from the big moment though because half of the anticipation is not IF but WHEN he's going to do it! It sounds like you picked the perfect time and spot!

I am so happy for you, congratulations! I'm glad you got your perfect disney pixie dust moment, as everything worked out perfectly in your favor! That is exactly why Disney is the happiest place on earth! Many happy blessings!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter