Planning my first solo trip and I can’t wait to go alone!

kaetra

Magic is Real
A milestone birthday approaches. One that is hard to wrap my mind around, frankly. As family and friends discuss party ideas that sound like zero fun for me at all, and who’s primary function is to tease and torment me about reaching this stupid number, I am planning my own escape from that nonsense to go someplace that will actually make ME happy.

My friends and family do like Disney, but not nearly as much as I do.

So I’m going. And I’m doing whatever I want, whenever I want and it’s gonna be great!

I got a small taste when I travelled with friends recently who had very different sleeping schedules than me. I wound up enjoying my time alone far more than time with them. I love them, but, we’re just not Disney touring compatible.

That put the idea in my brain that solo Disney would not only be OK, but would actually be amazing.

So my first solo trip will be to where it all started - Disneyland California. Looking forward to a more compact and different flavored experience. I’ve never been. It will be all new to me. And I can’t wait!!

That sounds great. I just had "that birthday" myself and I know my family tossed around all kinds of things that wouldn't have flown with me. I don't even really like parties and some of the destinations that they were considering weren't for me. Fortunately, my Mom and Stepdad did actually want to take me to Disney, so they gifted me a trip. We went a couple weeks ago (a few months after my actual birthday) and had a great time.

I would've probably gone by myself though, as I have done many times. Disneyland is actually more Solo friendly I think, as the locals kind of "get it" and love Disney. There are more Single Rider lines too! :) I hope you have a great time!

That sounds great. I just had "that birthday" myself and I know my family tossed around all kinds of things that wouldn't have flown with me. I don't even really like parties and some of the destinations that they were considering weren't for me. Fortunately, my Mom and Stepdad did actually want to take me to Disney, so they gifted me a trip. We went a couple weeks ago (a few months after my actual birthday) and had a great time.

I would've probably gone by myself though, as I have done many times. Disneyland is actually more Solo friendly I think, as the locals kind of "get it" and love Disney. There are more Single Rider lines too! :) I hope you have a great time!

That’s a great story, thanks for sharing! Glad to hear also that DL is solo friendly and that the locals “get it”. ❤️

That’s a great story, thanks for sharing! Glad to hear also that DL is solo friendly and that the locals “get it”. ❤️

Yeah, if you've never been, DL has a very different vibe than WDW. The locals are what I call "Disneyland People" and they LOVE it. Like have you ever been the the Tiki Room at WDW and most people sit there perplexed, bored, or both? Well, at DL, you can expect a full house, Dole Whips in hand, and singing along! They are 100% on board with this stuff. They know it by heart. Now, they can be a little intimidating too since they know all the procedures and secrets. They may get a tad frustrated (actually CMs kinda do) when you go the wrong way or cause a hold-up scanning a ticket or something, but they are generally very friendly and laid back.

As for solos, since so many of them have annual passes, it is very common for them to just "pop in" to DL for a couple of quick rides or something, and this is often done solo. It's just not a big deal there. Not that I've ever had problems solo at WDW, but you do have a lot of the crowd who does kind of see it as an only for the kids thing.

I am a Disneyland local and go solo all the time. It is amazing! I have my first WDW solo trip planned in December and am so exited!

Have a great time in Anaheim. Lots of great info available and yes, the locals can be quite friendly :)

Solo trips are truly THE BEST!!! My first solo trip was a few years back after my DS became "too cool" for disney, and I got hooked right away. BEST. TIME. EVER. Especially at the F&W festival! :hyper:

I’ve been going solo at WDW every year since 2011. I love it. You can do whatever, whenever you want. Sleep in or stay up late. Keep to yourself or strike up a convo with anyone. It’s amazing how you can still relax and decompress while in a busy resort. Have a fantastic Birthday!!! And most of all, have fun!

Did my first solo trip earlier this year. It really was fantastic! Looking forward to the next one - possibly in Jan-Feb.

A milestone birthday approaches. One that is hard to wrap my mind around, frankly. As family and friends discuss party ideas that sound like zero fun for me at all, and who’s primary function is to tease and torment me about reaching this stupid number, I am planning my own escape from that nonsense to go someplace that will actually make ME happy.

My friends and family do like Disney, but not nearly as much as I do.

So I’m going. And I’m doing whatever I want, whenever I want and it’s gonna be great!

I got a small taste when I travelled with friends recently who had very different sleeping schedules than me. I wound up enjoying my time alone far more than time with them. I love them, but, we’re just not Disney touring compatible.

That put the idea in my brain that solo Disney would not only be OK, but would actually be amazing.

So my first solo trip will be to where it all started - Disneyland California. Looking forward to a more compact and different flavored experience. I’ve never been. It will be all new to me. And I can’t wait!!
This sounds friggen amazing.

My husband loves Disney also, but I have a feeling over time, he will want to go much less than I do.

been going solo to Disneyland every June since 2013 and now starting to plan June 2019 :) I had one of those birthdays a few years ago, and family were so disappointed when I announced no party and Im off on a 4 day European city break ON MY OWN!!, see ya, byeeee. I had zero interest in spending a ton of money hiring a venue and making small talk to family when the friends I actually enjoy spending time with live in various countries and would never be able to travel to where I live for a party.

This is my June 2018 trip report https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...es-i-survived-with-no-maxpass-no-car.3692412/

I did my first solo trip at the end of November. It was the best time I have ever had in my entire life! I always felt safe even walking back to my room at 2 am which happened when I attended the After Hours at MK. You can do whatever you want, when you want and as many times as you want. I went on EE 4 x in a row because the wait for the Single Rider line was about 5 minutes each time. I got to eat what I wanted, where I wanted. I love my kids (teens now), my Husband doesn't like Disney and I don't ever want to go to Disney again with anyone other than myself :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!