Planning FP for 6 year old & rider swap

Kt75

Mouseketeer
Going back to WDW in April, taking my DD for first time (we last were at WDW 13 years ago for honeymoon) so not used to booking FPs.

We will be 4 adults + DD; so planning how to organize them for next Tuesday booking. Lets say for example, I score 5 FP for an ride like FOP...but I know she cannot ride it, can we swap her band with one of the adults so they can ride 2x b2b (with their band and hers?)

Or will CM let us do rider swap, so someone can possibly ride FOP more than 2x? Im still trying to understand rider swap process. Thanks!

If your daughter is tall enough to ride and just doesn’t want to, you may or may not be issued RS passes. If you all really want to ride something, it would be in your best interest to have everyone get a FP for it.

Also, your group doesn’t really need to use RS if everyone gets FP. 2 adults can go, and then the other 2 can go. No one has to ride alone.

To answer your first question, yes, one of the adults can use her band to ride a second time (as long as she has a fast pass).

We did a lot of swapping on our last trip when DD decided she no longer wanted to ride EE and ToT (her previous favorites)

My 6 year old loved it, but it may not be for everyone--or perhaps yours is more petite and can't ride. We had a two year old with us, too, so we did use RS. I didn't have a great strategy in place and would do it next time, but we ended up using 3 FPs for it initially, getting RS, and then the other two adults took the big kid on it again later that day--so he rode twice, the adults rode once. The RS pass is good for any three people to use on the same day (most other rides currently give you until the end of the month for RS), so it can be those who rode the first time or not.

Our experience varied with how much scrutiny they gave the younger kid before handing out the pass--FOP definitely seemed to be more, presumably because people might be trying to score extra rides without young kids? If your daughter is under the height limit there shouldn't be a problem, if she's borderline they might give you one anyway, but if she's clearly tall enough I'm not sure they would. (Although they aren't all great at eyeballing height--my son was about 4 inches over the limit and they still measured him before letting him in)

We could have all used our FPs and had at least some of us ride a second time, too, but no one was that eager to ride it that much. The pre-ride part is lengthy and mind numbing if you have to sit through it several times (the ride went down after we did it once, so our whole group had to do it twice in a row before riding! There was much groaning.), although I would like doing the ride itself again to fully appreciate it.

Next time I would book overlapping FPs for Na'vi so the non-riding adults could take our younger child on it again rather than just killing time hanging out nearby. He loved Na'vi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter