Planning for 2019

We are seriously trying to plan a trip for Galaxy's Edge opening, so fall 2019. We will see if it's actually doable but ideally we'd stay in either Yacht or Beach Club and pretty much devote our trip to crowds and lines and being part of that "once in a lifetime experience" of being at opening day. The trip would also include a Halloween party if possible, since i've never done one.

Eagerly, eagerly awaiting more info about opening so I can start to truly plan and dream!

Planning a trip 31st Jan to 10th Feb 2019 here, which covers my birthday and which I am delighted to be heading for Magic Kingdom for. Could there be any place better to turn 44 than having breakfast with the Winnie the Pooh characters? I don't think so!

Booked our flights (free with United airmiles-woo) and hotel at the weekend. That time of year suits us as we are originally from the UK and live in New Jersey now, so some Winter sun will be much appreciated. We wanted to return to All Stars as we'd had a great stay at ASMu for our first Disney trip a few weeks ago but there were no vacancies at any of those three resorts showing for our dates so we booked Pop Century instead and are really excited about it.

Our first Disney experience was just three days long and was part of a longer Florida trip which included Key West and Miami, so we're looking forward to devoting the whole ten days to Orlando and having a good look round some of the other Disney resorts and see which of the other properties we might want to stay at in the future, though we're very happy with the values at the moment. We didn't plan anything last time, we booked the hotel upon our arrival in Orlando, bought walk-up tickets at MK on the first day and didn't have any ADRs at all or Fastpasses until the day, but we had an absolutely wonderful time. Much more planning is going into this trip, so we'll see how we fare. We're really enjoying investigating what there is to do, reading the trip reports and watching the vlogs.

When do they release the ticket and room packages for 2019? Are you able to do it over the phone as a package now? We are planning to go in February 2019

When do they release the ticket and room packages for 2019? Are you able to do it over the phone as a package now? We are planning to go in February 2019

I believe it will be June and last year it was later in June. You can only do room right now, when they open up dates you can do packages on the phone as well but right now you can only book room only.

We booked room only for Feb 2019 last weekend on the phone and was told we could change it to a package when the deals come out (no exact date given, just “usually Summer”). Happy we have the room booked for our dates, though :)

I want to book Port Orleans French Quarter for week of April 21st (but after Easter). How will the crowds be do you think?

Yea! Welcome everyone! Yes 2019 is right around the corner it's insane! I haven't done much planning; I did let the family know but got remarks about the price & moving it to 2020 so we will see what happens.

For you two that last went in 2009 please know things are ALOT different!!! And by that I mean the CROWDS are a lot different. Just be aware and plan accordingly!!!

I was shocked at the crowd difference between our visits.

What is the crowd difference? Is it the volume or the behavior? Please tell! :)

Yea! Welcome everyone! Yes 2019 is right around the corner it's insane! I haven't done much planning; I did let the family know but got remarks about the price & moving it to 2020 so we will see what happens.

What is the crowd difference? Is it the volume or the behavior? Please tell! :)

Volume, for sure! We went in 2009, it was our first family trip and I have to repeatelynremind myself that there's no real slow times anymore at Disney. It's still totally fun and doable(I wouldn't still be going if it weren't) but 10 years ago the crowds were smaller and lines shorter, for sure.

I got our park days figured out. Arrive on Jan 29/19,we are just going to hang out at AKL for first night, relax from our 9hrs of airports and flying.

Then on the 30/19 we start 10 days at the parks. party:MK, EP,HS, day off, MK, day off, AK,AK,MK,EP, day off ,MK, AK.

Then back to the Frozen North :sad:

Volume, for sure! We went in 2009, it was our first family trip and I have to repeatelynremind myself that there's no real slow times anymore at Disney. It's still totally fun and doable(I wouldn't still be going if it weren't) but 10 years ago the crowds were smaller and lines shorter, for sure.

See..... my problem is that I can't believe that 2009 was TEN YEARS AGO???? Wasn't 1970 just 30 years ago??

(oops, think I dated myself there....)

Thanks for the input, though! I'll just be prepared for the crowds. I remember back then there was crazy rain for a couple of days. Totally cleared out the parks and we had a ball getting soaked!

Does anyone else think it's crazy that we can't book online yet? I really think they need to go to a rolling one year calendar. I want to book already!!

I wish they did! It might just be that I'm a type A planner, but I really like to lock in the reservation and pay the balance as I go!

If anyone else has a pretrip report for 2019, please post it! It helps my planning itch to read everyone's plans! :rotfl2:

Here's mine:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...r-back-at-it-again-february-2019-ptr.3675039/

Last edited:
I have been off boards for awhile so gotta catch up!

It sounds like a fun trip to plan. I have always dreamed about going with extended family for a fun trip but it is yet to become a reality. I know when you go with other people it takes a lot of planning and compromise. But I just see lots of big families having so much fun together I think all the stress of planning it would be worth it.

We have already set the expectation with my cousin & his wife that they are under no obligation to follow our touring plan. They are way more laid back than my sister and her family and myself. My cousin says 'yeah we'll split up' and his wife is saying 'well we want to hang out with you all' so they have to figure it out hahaha. I just need to know if they are going to eat with us so i know how many to put down for our dining reservations in July.

January 2019 here! I’m hoping to start my Pree Trip Report this weekend :tinker:

I love pre-trip & trip reports!

April or July Which one would you choose and why?

I think April would be less hot, but I just didn't really want to take the kids out of school.

July probably hot, but not missing any school days.

Those are equally busy times (spring break & summer) but knowing it would be crowded, I would probably weigh the actual cost more in my decision.

Heading over there now! I hope to start my pre-trip report. :moped:

I'm hopeful again! A much larger than expected bonus came my way today!! My first thought was Disney!!! My second thought was we should use this to start building up the savings again.... :confused3 Ohhhh I really want to go!!!

YAY!:dogdance:

Just decided we are going to try and go July 2019. I was disheartened to read that Disney is cutting back on the military room discounts. My son is disabled and on limited income so the discount has allowed him to go with his daughter. Fingers crossed they continue with the discount and that we can get what we are looking for. We have to work around his visitation with his daughter and my 14 yr olds band schedule so we are not as flexible as I would like to be. I am also researching SOG as a back up.

I read this same thing on the military disney tips blog. If you haven't check them out, you definitely should. It's a great too. I really want to believe that Disney wouldn't screw with military families if only for PR purposes.

We are seriously trying to plan a trip for Galaxy's Edge opening, so fall 2019. We will see if it's actually doable but ideally we'd stay in either Yacht or Beach Club and pretty much devote our trip to crowds and lines and being part of that "once in a lifetime experience" of being at opening day. The trip would also include a Halloween party if possible, since i've never done one.

Eagerly, eagerly awaiting more info about opening so I can start to truly plan and dream!

You are far braver then me! Once StarWarsland opens here at Disneyland, I'm staying FAR FAR AWAY.:scared:

I don't understand why they don't allow reservations a year out. It is crazy that because we want to go in January and not December that we have to wait pretty much 6 months out to even begin booking.

SERIOUSLY! Disney, you need to start acting like the multi-billion dollar corporation that you are! :p

I wish they did! It might just be that I'm a type A planner, but I really like to lock in the reservation and pay the balance as I go!

If anyone else has a pretrip report for 2019, please post it! It helps my planning itch to read everyone's plans! :rotfl2:

Here's mine:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...r-back-at-it-again-february-2019-ptr.3675039/

Heading over to take a look :magnify:

We are definitely going in 2019 but are waiting until the official announcement of the opening date of the new Star Wars Land! I'm hoping it will be open by October 1st.

Anyone else hoping the hubbub about Toy Story Land will draw people away from Pandora in AK?
My cousin & his family are HUGE Pixar fans so they will want to go but my sister's family & I want really want to check out Pandora and ride Flight of Passage.

We have booked a cruise March 30 to April 6, 2019. We will do a week in the parks after.

Anyone else hoping the hubbub about Toy Story Land will draw people away from Pandora in AK?
My cousin & his family are HUGE Pixar fans so they will want to go but my sister's family & I want really want to check out Pandora and ride Flight of Passage.

I'm excited about Toy Story Land, but yes it would be great if it would!!

Also, I'm hoping a visit BEFORE galaxy's edge will reduce the crowds a bit. I'm hoping they're all going to wait for that to open!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter