Planning book tip

DisneyJade

Two decades on the DIS, lurking and learning
I don't know if this has been suggested on the boards, but I wanted to share my method of planning for folks feeling overwhelmed by all the "paperwork." ;)

I bought three books for our WDW trip. well, I started with one, but still had questions, so bought another which referenced another book, so bought that one and well, you get the picture. Anyway, I found each of the books excelled in different planning areas (dining, maps, ride summaries) and no ONE book would suit me for the whole trip.... SO I MADE MY OWN!!!

I bought a very small 1" 3-ring binder and a cheap hole puncher. Then I got to work tearing out my favorite pages, punching holes and building my own planning guide.... in the order I WANT, with only the information I NEED. Then, I used the inside pockets to store park tickets, plane tickets, confirmation letters and emails, discount coupons, etc...

I even typed up some planning pages of my own with all my confirmation #s, telephone #s, "to do" list, packing list and mini-itinerary. Then, when I have to make changes, I can just print up a new page and replace the old one (instead of having messy writing and scribbles all over a page).

I know it sounds a little time consuming, but it's really helped me pass the days until our trip (only a month to go!!)

I hope this helps someone!! Let me know what you think. Does anyone else do this?
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
-Jade

p.s. If anyone's curious, here are some tips for hacking away at the books I used: Unofficial Guide and WDW for Couples -- Just bend back the binding and carefully pull pages (large chunk at a time breaks away cleaner... only glue holding the pages in) For the Passporter, I tore out the pages and pocket-pages and trimmed off the edges with scissors before I punched the holes. For passporter maps, I trimmed the fold-out part (on the right when opened) a little shorter than the left, so it doesn't get bunched in the binder. :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter