• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning an adults-only trip

jerbroni

Starring Soon in: "The Boy Who Loved Disney"
Howdy folks

I'm in the process of planning an adults-only trip for my DW and I and some of her family for this fall, and I need some help. I am trying to write up a brief survey to get everyones expectations and preferences on a number of common issues. I have seen this approach mentioned by some other participants on this forum and wondered if any of you would be so kind as to post some sample questions to help me get over my writer's block! There will be 7 (maybe 8) of us:

Myself, DW, BIL and his GF, SIL and her BF - 20-somethings
MIL and maybe FIL - 40-somethings

Any advice or survey examples?

Thanks in advance

Matt :earsboy:

need alot more information from you?

are you planning on staying on-site at WDW or offsite?

what your likes and dislikes?

how often have to been to WDW?

are you planning on during the theme parks?

PI?

BW?

DD?

That's the point - I need information from them!

Some have been before, some haven't - it's about 50/50. What I'm looking for is philosophical questions along the lines of 'Concerning lodging, The following is most important to me:'

1. location / close to parks
2. onsite restaurants/bars
3. cheap / i just need a roof over my head
4. having my own bathroom
5. luxury services / spa / concierge

I've got 3 or 4 questions so far, but so far they are all dealing with lodging and transportation!

If they don't care about WDW theme park - then I wouldn't stay on WDW property.

So ask that question first.

WDW is to expensive to stay there and not do the theme parks. Yes people come to Orlando all the time and don't even go on WDW property.

I would ask it this way - onsite - great rooms, great access to the parks.

offsite - more room for the money, or alot less money.

How much are you paying for?

if you are inviting them - I think they may expect you to pay for part of it.

I would.

Naw, it's not like that at all. We've taken group trips before, but honestly, this is a whole different ball of wax. We'll definitely be spending a lot of time in the parks, mostly at WDW, but a day or two at Universal as well. I guess I should have taken a bit more time and found the people who said they had used this 'survey' approach and just PM'd them instead of posting this somewhat directionless message to all.

I'd consider pricing one of the MYW packages with dining. It'll avoid a lot of the "sticker shock" when you get to Disney.

Lewis that is a great suggestion

Also ask if they want to do the tours - there are several that WDW offers - at all the parks.

I don't think in your group that anyone would want to do the Water parks - but I guess you need to ask that too.

You are sweet.

when I bring a group I tell them my plans - if they want to go with me fine - if they want to do their own thing - that is great too.

most will hang around the first couple of days to get the layout of the parks - but afterwards - everyone goes their own way. I make sure that everyone understands the bus system and where they have to go - also understands the park layouts of each park. (this takes alot of walking on that first day or two). Some people can't read a park map - so I don't expect them too.

We had a particular "purpose" to our group, my mom's birthday. However, I think it "worked" because I didn't over plan. Basically, we met for one major thing every day, and the group actually formed themselved into subgoups for the rest of the day. It worked fine for us.

I sent out general e-mails with ideas, and planned according to the feedback. There wasn't enough support for a character breakfast, for instance, but that was one of the things on my possibilities.

Bobbi :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter