Planning a Trip to DL - Tips + Advice Appreciated!

As far as I know, there is no place that shows whether the single rider lines are open/closed or how long the waits might be. Single Rider is awesome and, combined with FP, will really help you do a lot of stuff. Just don't get your hopes up that it's going to always be available or that the lines are always going to be short. Be prepared to switch tactics if necessary.
Okay. Dang, I really thought that single rider was a consistent thing and I was sort of relying on it for the rides that had it. Oh well!

Okay. Dang, I really thought that single rider was a consistent thing and I was sort of relying on it for the rides that had it. Oh well!
I have no official info, just going by my own experience, but I don't think the crowd level has much to do with whether single rider is open or not.

And as far as the single rider being open or closed, I'm mostly talking about Space Mountain. Can't comment as much on the other lines since I use them less.

I have no official info, just going by my own experience, but I don't think the crowd level has much to do with whether single rider is open or not.

And as far as the single rider being open or closed, I'm mostly talking about Space Mountain. Can't comment as much on the other lines since I use them less.[/QUOTE
Hm okay. Just wondering because we're going on a 9/10 day. Have the others been open when you've used them?

Agreed! They really should implement that! Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but if it's a really packed day (9/10 or 10/10), what's the chance that the single rider line is closed? Close to 100?
It really just depends. I feel like the single rider lines get really long with the wait times are super high. Last time I tried Space single rider was when it had reopened after its refurb in March, so the standby by was 90 minutes. They didn't open it at all. A CM said that they were trying to control the influx of people. I think that one takes a while to build because it's hidden through the back rather than up front near the main line. For RSR, the longest I waited in that single rider line was 40 minutes, when the standby was 150 minutes.

Hm okay. Just wondering because we're going on a 9/10 day. Have the others been open when you've used them?
To my recollection, the others have been more reliably open in my experience - Indy and Splash especially. I think I've only done the Star Tours single rider once or twice (usually just use FP). It's the Space Mountain one that I try to use most often, and the one that I have found closed most often.

It really just depends. I feel like the single rider lines get really long with the wait times are super high. Last time I tried Space single rider was when it had reopened after its refurb in March, so the standby by was 90 minutes. They didn't open it at all. A CM said that they were trying to control the influx of people. I think that one takes a while to build because it's hidden through the back rather than up front near the main line. For RSR, the longest I waited in that single rider line was 40 minutes, when the standby was 150 minutes.
Okay, I see. So you'd recommend Fastpass Space Mountain for reliability?

To my recollection, the others have been more reliably open in my experience - Indy and Splash especially. I think I've only done the Star Tours single rider once or twice (usually just use FP). It's the Space Mountain one that I try to use most often, and the one that I have found closed most often.
Okay, I'll try Splash single rider! :) Thanks

Yep! About that, do you have to get all the pictures the same day that you use MaxPass? Or can you do that any time so long as you've purchased MaxPass?

The day you purchase MP is the day you need to use it to take all your PP photos and ride photos. But you'll have more time after your visit (up to 45 days???) to download all your photos. You can go to the PP page via the DLR website to get all your photos or to order mugs, calendars, etc.

I'm guessing You're the only one interested in big rides. If that is the case you really only need Max Pass for one ticket.
I'd get maxpass for all three tickets. It's three times the fast passes for the primary rider. Plus everyone can FP small world, which is Dad's priority.

Oh true! But how would the three times work?
For maxpass, you can choose who does what ride. For example, say you are the only one doing space mountain. When you are picking the times, it will show everyone's tickets, unclick your dad and sister's ticket, and then you can choose just for you. Then do the same thing with their tickets for other rides.

Hope that makes sense.

Like midnight star said, you can select fp for as many or at few of your group as you want.

My daughter uses everyone's FP while I take the toddler back to the hotel to nap. She picks rides that are near each other with closely timed FP. While she's in the FP return line, she pulls a FP for the next ride.

My hunch is that the tomorrow fp will go fastest when you're there: hyperspace mountain and star tours are likely to be crazy popular. I suggest watching the app for wait times and fp return times on the previous weeks Thursday. That's probably the best guide, given swge.

The day you purchase MP is the day you need to use it to take all your PP photos and ride photos. But you'll have more time after your visit (up to 45 days???) to download all your photos. You can go to the PP page via the DLR website to get all your photos or to order mugs, calendars, etc.
Okay thanks for the info!

For maxpass, you can choose who does what ride. For example, say you are the only one doing space mountain. When you are picking the times, it will show everyone's tickets, unclick your dad and sister's ticket, and then you can choose just for you. Then do the same thing with their tickets for other rides.

Hope that makes sense.
I do understand that, but I'm the only one using MaxPass really so why was it suggested to get it for all of us?

Like midnight star said, you can select fp for as many or at few of your group as you want.

My daughter uses everyone's FP while I take the toddler back to the hotel to nap. She picks rides that are near each other with closely timed FP. While she's in the FP return line, she pulls a FP for the next ride.

My hunch is that the tomorrow fp will go fastest when you're there: hyperspace mountain and star tours are likely to be crazy popular. I suggest watching the app for wait times and fp return times on the previous weeks Thursday. That's probably the best guide, given swge.
Oh, so she can use all of your MaxPasses without actually being you? Is that the point?

Okay, sounds good. Yes, we're going to be focusing on Tomorrowland FPs for Space Mountain and Star Tours. Thank you!

Oh, so she can use all of your MaxPasses without actually being you? Is that the point?

Okay, sounds good. Yes, we're going to be focusing on Tomorrowland FPs for Space Mountain and Star Tours. Thank you!

Oh, yes, that's the point!

When you are at the fast past return, you just pull up the ticket that the correct fast pass is associated with. The names/genders/ages don't have to match. Even if you don't use maxpass, you could just use their tickets to aquire fastpasses, then use their fastpasses. I just find it's a lot easier to keep all the times/tickets straight with maxpass.

Oh, yes, that's the point!

When you are at the fast past return, you just pull up the ticket that the correct fast pass is associated with. The names/genders/ages don't have to match. Even if you don't use maxpass, you could just use their tickets to aquire fastpasses, then use their fastpasses. I just find it's a lot easier to keep all the times/tickets straight with maxpass.
We plan on using MaxPass. That sounds really good! So it's like you get double the amount of FPs and can get other FPs while you're waiting for the 90 minute period to pass on the other ticket, correct?

We plan on using MaxPass. That sounds really good! So it's like you get double the amount of FPs and can get other FPs while you're waiting for the 90 minute period to pass on the other ticket, correct?

Yup!

For example, at 10:30 this morning, I could get:
10:50-11:50pm Star Tours
11:15-12:15pm Matterhorn
1:45-2:45pm Space Mountain

Then each of those tickets would be eligible for a new FP as soon as you used the existing FP. The ticket that pulled space mountain could get a new FP at noon. At rope drop, the return times are going to be very clustered, then they'll spread out through the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!