Planning a trip 2nd week in April help! Dont kniw where to start!

Shelby109

Mouseketeer
We are heading to Tokyo for the second week in April. We will only have 2 days (one in each park). We are 4 adults and 2 four year olds. I am not sure where to start as I haven't seen any real touring plans. What are "not to be missed rides, dining, shows or shopping"? Any tips? Thanks!!!!!

I'm only in the planning stages myself for a trip in May so I can't give you any firsthand advice, but this is a link to a very thorough and informative trip report that should help you get a good idea of what to expect and which rides and attractions will appeal to you.

************************************tokyo-disney-resort-trip-report-part-1/

We are heading to Tokyo for the second week in April. We will only have 2 days (one in each park). We are 4 adults and 2 four year olds. I am not sure where to start as I haven't seen any real touring plans. What are "not to be missed rides, dining, shows or shopping"? Any tips? Thanks!!!!!

I'll be there this week for two nights..one at Ambassador and the other at Miracosta. The blogs below were VERY helpful.
http://konnichiwamickey.wordpress.com
************************************tokyo-disney-trip-planning-guide/#comment-164268
http://tdrnavi.jp/forecast/disneyland?lang=en
Its important to study up. If you have the $ stay INDIDE Disneysea at Miracosta
Avoid weekends…do a little research. I've got an attack plan in place and I will only have Tuesday night..all day Wednesday and I fly home Thursday.
Enjoy I hope the above helps.

The "disney tourist blog" is incredibly helpful with park info, especially the ride reviews.

I recommend, like TipsyTraveler, reading as much as you can to build up a list of what sounds fun to you.

You're right there aren't a lot of touring plans out there. When I went I searched the boards here and made one based on an order that seemed logical, and rides I wanted to do...and do over...and do over. :)

So here it is, if it'll prove useful for anyone. Portions are copied from other people, but I don't have notes on who so can't give proper credit. :(

I included show time too, to fill in time during the days.

Disneyland
Day 1
Get Monster’s Inc FP
Ride Pooh’s Hunny Hunt
Ride Space Mountain
Ride Buzz Lightyear
Get Pooh’s Hunny Hunt FP
Use Monster’s Inc FP
Lunch — Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall
Get Monster’s Inc or Pooh’s Hunny Hunt FP
Ride Star Tours
Explore Tomorrowland
Explore Toontown
Explore Fantasyland
Use remaining FP

11:50, 13:20, 15:30, 17:00 One Man’s Dream
14:00 Happiness is Here parade
17:50 Electrical Parade

Snacks — The chicken sandwich (on a Mickey hand-shaped bun) at the Plaza Restaurant; the Mickey bun at Boiler Room Bites; chocolate churros at Parkside Wagon.

Day 2
Get Splash Mountain FP
Ride Big Thunder Mountain
Get Pooh’s Hunny Hunt FP
Use Splash Mountain FP
Explore Adventureland
Get Pooh’s Hunny Hunt FP
Use Pooh’s Hunny Hunt FP
Ride Splash Mountain single rider
Explore Westernland
Use Pooh’s Hunny Hunt FP

Disney Sea
Day 1
Get Toy Story FP
Ride Tower of Terror
Ride Journey to the Center of the Earth
Get Journey FP
Use Toy Story FP
Ride Aquatopia
Get Tower of Terror FP
13:50 Oceano lunch
Ride Sindbad
Get Journey FP
Explore Arabian Coast
Ride 20,000 Leagues
Explore Fortress Explorations
Ride Venetian Gondolas
Use remaining FP

10:30 - 18:00 My Friend Duffy
10:30 - 19:10 Under the Sea
10:40 Happiness Greeting on the Sea
12:15, 13:45, 15:15, 17:45, 19:15 Table is Waiting
12:20, 13:45, 15:40, 17:05 Mystic Rhythms
14:30 Legend of Mythica
20:30 Happiness on High

Snacks — The pork rice roll at Liberty Landing Diner (could be Barnacle Bill's, though); the black pepper pork rib at Nautilus Galley; the gyoza sausage bun at the Refreshment Station; The Chandu tail at Sultan's Oasis (I think); the chocolate churro at Open Sesame (flavor may vary); the black pepper popcorn (check the park maps for flavor locations and be ready to buy adorable, refillable popcorn buckets and bring Ziploc bags to bring some of your favorite flavors home with you); the Duffy mochi (full of chocolate pudding) at Cape Cod Confections (I think).

Day 2
Get Toy Story Mania FP
Ride Tower of Terror
Ride Journey to the Center of the Earth
Get Journey FP
Explore Mermaid Lagoon
Explore Arabian Coast
Use remaining FP

Wait time info available at http://www.deepdisney.net

As a Tokyo Disney Resort regular, I've worked out a bit of a schedule to see everything in a full day. The trick with Tokyo Disneyland and Disneysea is to remember their alot larger and sparse compared to the US parks. So here's my advice for the best way to see Tokyo Disney Resort....

DISNEYLAND
-get there as early as possible (1 hour before opening)
- walk down World Bizarre (main street USA) to the cross section and take a right to Tomorrowland
- FP monsters inc then head to star tours
- while waiting for your FP try captain EO or Buzz light year
- after monster inc head towards space mountain and Autopia
- make your was to toontown the fantasyland
- catch the parade before heading to Critter country
- if splash mountain is busy, grab a FP and explore westernland
- in the afternoon, try adventureland as it is lest crowded at this time
- don't miss the night parade too!

The trick is to follow Disneyland around in a circle so you spend less time doubling back which is very handy for your kids little legs!

DISNEYSEA
- same as Disneyland, the earlier the better!
- head towards Mysterious Island
- Tritons kingdom
- Arabian Coast
- Lost river delta
- catch boat from LRD back to Mediterranean Harbor
- American waterfront
- Port Discovery
- Electric railway back to the American Waterfront
- don't miss FANTASMIC! It's the best version in the world and really utilizes the space!

Now... This may seem a little structures, but I believe if you only get a day at each park you will want to experience everything that these parks offer! Hope this help and enjoy your holiday!

Ps... Remember, most of the show elements are in Japanese... And yes, Mickey speaks Japanese too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter