Planning a Family Size Trip (My First PTR)

I'm late to your PTR party but I'm here now!

Sounds like a good day planned at Universal!

How many stadiums has your BF done so far? That's a very cool goal to have!

RD at AK- I've done it twice, once for FoP and once for NRJ. If you get there early enough for FoP it's really not that bad. But if you plan to do NRJ you'll be fine!! Much easier and not as crazy.

I love the lanyard you made for your sister's birthday!

Welcome, thanks for joining!

He has done 8 right now but has that one planned during our trip and 2 more planned for September. So, he would be at 11 out of 30 with 2.5 more baseball seasons to get it done 😬 It's going to be a tight squeeze but he's fortunate enough to travel for work so he might be able to swing it!

Ah, good to hear! I'm easily worried so I saw some people saying they had been trampled and wasn't sure if I wanted to risk it. We will do one or the other depending on when the car place drops us off at the park then.

Thank you! I still need to do the print test to make sure it looks good and then I'll customize them for each person in my family (everyone picked a different character and some of us are doing our own lanyards as well). I'll have to post a picture once they're all printed up.

He has done 8 right now but has that one planned during our trip and 2 more planned for September. So, he would be at 11 out of 30 with 2.5 more baseball seasons to get it done 😬 It's going to be a tight squeeze but he's fortunate enough to travel for work so he might be able to swing it!

That's awesome! Good luck to him!

Wednesday, September 4th: Magic Kingdom
This is the day my sister, my parents, my BF, and I will be on our own at MK. This day has changed slightly from my previous posts because I was able to split our BoG reservations into 2. I originally had one reservation for the 5 of us but then I realized that we couldn’t pre-order without charging all the meals to one room. Because of the dining plan, I didn’t want to deal with this headache. I scored 2 reservations at the same exact time (1:10 pm) so we will be able to preorder and skip the line!

Even though MK opens at 7 am, we will probably end up sleeping in. The latest I want to get there is around 10 am for our 10:15 Pirates FP. I’m building in a Dole Whip stop after this ride before making our way over to our 11:15 FP for Big Thunder.

I want to hit Hall of Presidents before our 12:15 pm FP for Haunted Mansion. As mentioned, we have a Be Our Guest reservation at 1:10 pm. Then, we will just mosey around and shop or ride anything with a short wait.

Afterwards, I want to head to the hotel for the pool, a nap, and an outfit change. I’m sure you’re thinking how many naps do these people take? My BF is not enamored with the idea of being up and at the parks all day every day, so I had to build in plenty of pool and rest time. He’s a corporate attorney with a pretty demanding schedule, so he will actually be using some of this time to get work done.

My BF and I have a 7:40 pm ADR at Cali Grill while the rest of my family has a reservation at The Wave (they chose this over Sebastian's). I’m still debating whether to get there via MK or take an Uber. I want to dress nicely so we will have to see what the timing is between our hotel break and coming back to the MK area. Happily Ever After is at 9:15 pm so I’m hoping we will still be eating during the fireworks but it’s cool we can use CG’s viewing area even if we are finished eating.

Afterwards, I would LOVE to get on the monorail to Poly and hit Trader Sam’s. I’m really hoping it isn’t jam packed though, especially right after the fireworks. If it is, I need a good back up plan. Worst case scenario is we can go back to MK for the last few hours (I believe it closes at midnight).

Less than 24 hours until our flight takes off and if I wasn't already anxious about packing & planning, I'm definitely anxious about Dorian. Following the threads and crossing my fingers that it won't affect our MNSSHP Monday night and/or my sister's 21st on Tuesday. If it's just massive amounts of rain, we'll be fine since we're from Seattle and I've already packed ponchos 😉

There have been a lot of little changes to our schedule (no surprise) including my best friend, her husband, and their baby are actually going to be there this weekend as well. I'm so excited to get to meet up with them! I also finally finished the "drinking around the world" lanyards but of course didn't take a picture so look out for those in my TR. I'll start it and post a link once we're back!

Have an amazing trip! I hope you don't get impacted by the storm!

Can't wait to hear about it when you get back!

Thank you so much! I hope not either but I'm trying to reassure myself that it's a lot better than being at work :-)

I hope you're having a great time so far. Fingers crossed that Dorian lowers the crowds for you without actually messing up your trip too much.

I hope you're having a great time so far. Fingers crossed that Dorian lowers the crowds for you without actually messing up your trip too much.

Thank you for the thinking of us! It’s been a lot of fun and low crowds but also a stressful rollercoaster watching what this storm does. We’re actually in the process of moving to Wilderness Lodge for the interior hallways. Really hoping things go okay!

Joining in. Hope your plans go off okay. Hard with a group. Never mind adding in a hurricane. Be safe.

Hope you guys are okay! Did you ever move to the wilderness lodge? On the bright side the low lines must have been nice!

Joining in. Hope your plans go off okay. Hard with a group. Never mind adding in a hurricane. Be safe.

Thanks for joining! I'll be posting my TR link here once I start it. The trip was definitely interesting, to say the least... Home now, so thankful that the hurricane missed us but definitely keeping all the others who were affected in my thoughts 💓

Hope you guys are okay! Did you ever move to the wilderness lodge? On the bright side the low lines must have been nice!

Thank you so much for the concern! We made it home safe and sound last night. We did move to Wilderness Lodge and actually received a bit of pixie dust in the process! I'll be posting about it in my TR, I'll link in this thread once I get around to starting it. The low lines were awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter