Planning 2 trips in 2020, Advice?

Simba1 come in

Earning My Ears
I am planning 2 trips for my family in 2020, one in May and one in November. We are regular Disney travelers, but for the May trip we are renting DVC points for the first time (might also do this in November but haven’t decided yet). We usually buy a package through Disney to get a room discount or free dining, but since we are renting dvc we will need to buy tickets separately. We plan to get/upgrade to Annual passes however I am looking for some advice on the best way to do this. Does it make more sense to buy 7 day tickets for our first trip then upgrade early in our trip to take advantage of AP discounts, or upgrade at the end of our trip to maximize the length of time we can use the AP, maybe 3rd same week in May 2021? Alternatively do I just buy APs before the trip, I’m thinking that impacts my ability to make fast passes 60 days out.

Buy the AP so you can make your FP reservations for your length of stay (since you're on property). Even if you wait to the last day to upgrade, it will be backdated to the first day you used it to enter the park, so it doesn't really get you any more time (unless the CM screws up.)

You can use the AP discounts and get the free Memory Maker (pictures don't expire til your AP expires)

Buy the AP so you can make your FP reservations for your length of stay (since you're on property). Even if you wait to the last day to upgrade, it will be backdated to the first day you used it to enter the park, so it doesn't really get you any more time (unless the CM screws up.)

You can use the AP discounts and get the free Memory Maker (pictures don't expire til your AP expires)
Thanks Starry, I didn’t realize it would be backdated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter