Planing of surprise engagement next week!

Vetgutierrez

Earning My Ears
So I have everything ready in my mind.. Tuesday 25th is her birthday the 27th is our 1year anniversary. We are going for 3 Days. (Magic morning), I saved and got her THE perfect Diamond ring from Disney’s jewelry store $$$$$$. I just could not afford staying at a hotel in DL atm since my mother passed away recently I am on a very tight budget.....Next time for sure!
My plan is , on her birthday the 25th we will do MM and I’ll tell her to wait In the line before we go in and I’ll go upgrade her tickets to the yearly pass as my gift for her and Inform a cast member of my plan, that as soon as they open the doors @ 7am I’m going to wander with her to the beautiful wishing well next to the castle acting as if I got lost trying to hurry to space mountain (shell be irritated with me by then for sure!) I’ll have the Chewbacca backpack on so I’ll be hard to miss! .... I’d love to have a CM taking pictures right Before ( I have max pass)
My questions..
How do I make this happen..?
How do I know what cast member to approach?
A note perhaps to a standing CM while walking thru DT ?
She a hopeless romantic why I chose the wishing well.. what else am I missing??
Thanks for all the help! I’m a nervous wreck, even tho I know she will say yes.... It’s a BIG step for me but I truly know she is my one and only that will complete my happily ever after!!!!

VGutierrez aka Mexican Donald Duck! 03

She’ll need to be there to get an AP as she must show her ID.

Lost getting to Space is gonna be a hard one as it’s way obviously a different direction, get lost going to Matterhorn ;)

(Idk about how to find a CM to capture the moment, hopefully others can help.)

So I have everything ready in my mind.. Tuesday 25th is her birthday the 27th is our 1year anniversary. We are going for 3 Days. (Magic morning), I saved and got her THE perfect Diamond ring from Disney’s jewelry store $$$$$$. I just could not afford staying at a hotel in DL atm since my mother passed away recently I am on a very tight budget.....Next time for sure!
My plan is , on her birthday the 25th we will do MM and I’ll tell her to wait In the line before we go in and I’ll go upgrade her tickets to the yearly pass as my gift for her and Inform a cast member of my plan, that as soon as they open the doors @ 7am I’m going to wander with her to the beautiful wishing well next to the castle acting as if I got lost trying to hurry to space mountain (shell be irritated with me by then for sure!) I’ll have the Chewbacca backpack on so I’ll be hard to miss! .... I’d love to have a CM taking pictures right Before ( I have max pass)
My questions..
How do I make this happen..?
How do I know what cast member to approach?
A note perhaps to a standing CM while walking thru DT ?
She a hopeless romantic why I chose the wishing well.. what else am I missing??
Thanks for all the help! I’m a nervous wreck, even tho I know she will say yes.... It’s a BIG step for me but I truly know she is my one and only that will complete my happily ever after!!!!

VGutierrez aka Mexican Donald Duck! 03
You might want to re-think this portion.

As mentioned in post#2 she will need to be there to complete the AP purchase upgrade.

PLUS the ticket booth lines are notoriously SLOW with long waits.

When I went to complete my AP transaction at a ticket booth I waited 45 minutes for my turn and it took another 20 minutes for the CM to get everything squared away.

Good luck with everything else....

Geemo

You can upgrade her ticket to an AP any time before the end of your third day, so it doesn't have to be first thing on your first day. (She might be more surprised if you do the upgrade after your first park entry because she really won't expect it then -- just tell her that you need to stop by the ticket booth to check something for a future trip.) You could also do the upgrade the night before your first park entry -- there is one ticket booth open an hour after the latest park closing. Lines at the booths are usually shorter later in the evening. But as pp have noted, she will have to be there for the upgrade.

Apparently she has to be with you to get the AP? However, that doesn't mean that you can't print-up you own certificate that represents an AP. That way you still get to present it to her and I suspect the surprise will be just as great.

As a side note, a few times I've purchased my AP online and didn't have to get my pic for it until I was in the park. Simply approach any CM with a camera and they'll take care of it for you. Why not call DL and ask if this is something they can help with? I think it's still do-able.

... a few times I've purchased my AP online and didn't have to get my pic for it until I was in the park. Simply approach any CM with a camera and they'll take care of it for you. Why not call DL and ask if this is something they can help with? I think it's still do-able.
This can be done after her AP is purchased. But to upgrade her ticket to an AP, she'll have to be present at the booth.

Thanks for the comments, She’s a very traditional romantic classic girl... but come to find out yesterday she was watching a video of her friend being proposed at the wishing well.... so now I feel like I have to come up with something else...
I read about a guy that proposed.. involving jack sparrow and a lost wallet... sounded great... may have to sneak off to city hall in the morning and talk to a CM... this is so nerve wrecking!!! Gaaahh..

Thanks on the info of the AP I totally spaced the ID thing... I’ll wait till last day ..
Now to keep reading and thinking...🤔🤔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!