Planet Hollywood or House of Blues?

airhead

DIS Veteran
I've been to HOB's and we love it. I'd like to try PH. Could I get some reviews?

I'm with you...HOB has been excellent, we've eaten there several times. Planet Hollywood, honestly, not that impressive to me. It's more about the "atmosphere" which is to me not more than a glorified TGIFridays kind of atmosphere. Food is good, but nothing all that special. (just my opinion) Don't get me wrong, the food is good, I'm just more impressed by HOB overall. Still, it's neat and it's different...not a place you can go just anywhere, and I always like to be at least a little adventurous on our trips. So, don't know if this helped at all, but that's what I've got to say about that.

I wanna try PH cuz we've never been,but we love HOB's!
I think it might hafta be HOB's!!!

Done both. HOB any time. Ate at PH last year, and it was fine, but loud and 'hectic'. Food quality above average, but nothing compared to HOB.
Summary on PH: been there (again), done that (again), may go back (again), but not as a first option

Never been to them at WDW, but have eaten at both chains and HOB wins, hands down. To be honest, I don't even think Planet Hollywood is worth a try.

Me, hubby and kids love them both, so we choose by what we are in the mood for.

At PH..we love the LA lasagna and the cobb salad. Totally wonderful. Also, the Cap'n crunch chicken..gotta have that.

At HOB...when I am in the mood for a great burger, or a nice southern type meal...they have such a great menu you just can't go wrong.

Either way, I am sure you will enjoy it. Service is relaxing at both, no rushing.

Stay away from Planet hollywood the food is aweful. How can mess up a burger and fries.

There is plenty of good ol' N'Awlins (New Orleans) style cajun...definitely spicy. BUT also non-spicy options. I a big weenie when it comes to spicy food and I LOVE their food! So you can meet everyone's palate there!:teeth:

House of Blues is one of our favorite places to eat at DD. We have always found there food & service to be excellent. We have eaten at PH a few times but have never considered it to be that great, it's just so-so.

I actually didn't like HOB too much. My dad loved it, but I didn't think there food was anything too special. It was a nice atmosphere though. I'd check the menu on Deb's Unnoficial Disney Website. Then make your decicion. The atmosphere was really really cool though in HOB...::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter