Planes

old lady

DIS Veteran
What are your views on it without seeing the movie. What next? Tanks or boats/ ships:duck:.

I haven't seen it yet and I don't really plan to. The Cars franchise really went downhill after Cars 2, so I'm surprised they even went and made another. I know it's not really Cars, but it just doesn't look good. They gotta stop milking things that were good to begin with. :duck:

So is it basically Cars but with planes instead or is it something new? Either way I'm not really interested in it since I like Disney movies better than Pixar and I didn't particularity care for the first Cars.

I'm going to go see it. There aren't a lot of movies I can take my 4 year old to so I usually take her to see anything I can.

We saw it LAST weekend at the AMC Theater in Downtown Disney in Anaheim CA as a special screening for Disney Vacation Club Members!! All I can say is that we loved it & it was very worthy of being a 3D movie! (picture was stunning in 3D where as most movies become 3D as an after thought) My OLDER boys (20 & 16) thought it was WAY FUNNIER than BOTH the CARS movies! We got a bonus with a guest appearance by the Director & Producer of PLANES and enjoyed them sharing little insights to the movie!
They gave us a goodie bag with kid size 3D glasses, washable PLANES tatooes, small Soft foam plane kit, FREE coupon for small popcorn & FREE coupon for small drink!!
FREE MOVIE + FREE SNACK/DRINK = GREAT TIME!!!

With so many "kids movies" being more for grown ups or older kids, I'm THRILLED that there is a movie coming to theatres that I feel comfortable taking my kids to! :)

We will probably go see it. I don't know that my girls are super excited about it like they were Monsters U, but I think it will be a fun movie!

Hi everyone. This is my first post I've been a lurker the last few months...just gathering info for our first family Disney vacation. I just had to log in when I came across this thread. I am super excited about the upcoming Planes movie. I LOVE that she, the main character/plane is A SHE! How can you not LOVE what message this sends our young girls!!!

Hi everyone. This is my first post I've been a lurker the last few months...just gathering info for our first family Disney vacation. I just had to log in when I came across this thread. I am super excited about the upcoming Planes movie. I LOVE that she, the main character/plane is A SHE! How can you not LOVE what message this sends our young girls!!!

Welcome fellow DISER!!! That's great that you'll be posting with us!! :flower3:
It took me awhile to post but once you start it's hard to stop!!:thumbsup2
I'm glad you're looking forward to seeing popcorn:: PLANES but the lead character plane is male!! :rolleyes: Although there are a few lady characters along for the ride and are good role models as well!! I can't give too much away but I can say it's a message of courage & friendship!!! :grouphug:
Enjoy the movie!! ;)

This past Tuesday night, Disney XD ran a half-hour show about (mostly Marvel) stuff at Comic-Con, and during the show they ran an extended trailer/ad for "Planes" that was nothing but inspiring music and "wow" visuals - like they were trying to sell this to an older audience as something cool. (Oh, and it is rated PG.) I'm on the fence about this but I can't promise I won't spring for a matinee once it's out. I don't expect great reviews, but I wouldn't be surprised to read some "Hey, it's actually not bad" reviews.

i just posted this on 2 other Planes threads but since so many not sure here...

They had a screening at a local military base. I wasn't expecting much (but it was free) but I loved it! We will have to see it again because the theater was very loud- full of kids- so we missed a couple of lines and it is worth paying to see it twice. But I am so glad we saw it for the first time there. Because first they played the national anthem with video playing that brought tears to my eyes. Then there was a wonderful video on Disney- Heroes Work Here highlighting CMs that with military backgrounds. Tears again. Then throughout the whole movie - tears,laughing, tears, laughing. I am not sure if I would have teared up so much if it wasn't for the introductions before the movie.

Our whole family loved it. I won't talk much about it because I would be afraid to spoil but all ages will love. So many laughs...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DS has been anxiously awaiting this one since we saw the preview on our Cars 2 DVD (in January 2012. :headache: It's been a long 18 months) I'm not going into it expecting it to entertain me but I'm not seeing it for my benefit. I have a feeling DS (5) and DD (3) are going to love it and I hope I do to.

We are, however, completely biased. I'm afraid to guess how many times my kids have seen Cars or Cars 2 but it's got to be in the hundreds by now.

We saw it last night. I won tickets to an advance screening. It was cute and funny. Not amazing but still fun. My complaint is that it was a pretty typical storyline in a lot of animated movies. We did have a good time and enjoyed it.

Planes are awesome, talking planes are awesomer. That's enough for me.

My 12 year old and I went to see it and really enjoyed it. Not as good as the original Cars or Toy Story (lacks the warmth those had) but much better than any of the Toy Story or Cars sequels.

Visually Planes is so rich you'd have to see it a few times to take it all in. Still I was a bit disappointed in the copy and paste animation within crowd scenes, there is just no need for that today.

Looked for but did not spot the Pizza Planet truck.

Planes are awesome, talking planes are awesomer. That's enough for me.

My 12 year old and I went to see it and really enjoyed it. Not as good as the original Cars or Toy Story (lacks the warmth those had) but much better than any of the Toy Story or Cars sequels.

Visually Planes is so rich you'd have to see it a few times to take it all in. Still I was a bit disappointed in the copy and paste animation within crowd scenes, there is just no need for that today.

Looked for but did not spot the Pizza Planet truck.

It's not Pixar so the Pizza Planet truck probably isn't in it.

I thought it was pretty good, my kids both loved it. Didn't really notice the copy and paste animation in the crowd scenes, but I wasn't really looking at it technically.

An enjoyable hour and a half, and worth the money, to me.

I'm watching Cars now on Disney Channel. I can't believe people wouldn't like it! I truly love this movie tho it always makes me so sad...perhaps it's because my mother is a huge Rt 66 fan. We even traveled it from Central Illinois all the way to the Grand Canyon for family vacation one summer. Such a reminder of how genuine things used to be.

I look forward to seeing Planes though we are currently saving our money for our trip in 30 days!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter