plane seats

ksd

Earning My Ears
Hi can anyone tell me where row 74ac is on a virgin atlantic flight thankyou.
:confused:

ksd,
If it is a 747-400 with same configuation as the one I went on last month then it is PE on the Upper Deck as we were in row 72ac (miss out b as the seats are larger!), which was the second row out of 10 up there. This means there is a maximum of 40 passengers to 2/3 flight crew and three toilets (shared with flight deck!).
Hope this helps
Claire :D

The 747-400 seat configuration of the Virgin Atlantic plane we went on last month is nothing like the one on the link to uk-air.net so Virgin must be using various styles of seating. Ring if you are curious to know and I'm sure you will be told where the seats are.
Claire :D

The seat configuration on UK-Air.Net's site is not the same as the 747-400s Virgin run on the Orlando route. We were in 75ac in PE coming home last August and they were exit seats. They were where row 70 is shown, but it was not a mixed cabin (i.e. no Upper Class seats).

Just tried to phone and pre-book row 75. "Sorry, those seats are not available for pre-booking, but I can book row 76 for you". Seems that the seating plan is still the same!

i've phoned virgin and spoke to different people and i've been told you cannot book specific seats or is that just because i'm in cattle class??

Seats can be requested in all classes. However, there is only a certain percentage of seats that Virgin will allow to requested (may be 80% or may be considerably less - I forget). Once that percentage has been reached, no more seat requested will be taken before check-in.

Even if you "request" seats you may not get what is requested (they may be given away at check-in). So the best strategy is to check in as early as possible.

Sorry can't be more helpful.

Boo

It used to be 50%. But several times (well ok twice!) after pre-booking seats we were allocated different seats.

I just set the wife on them and they soon sort it out!!!

If we can, we like to sit in the rear two rows where the seats are 2-4-2 instead of 3-4-3. There seems to be a little more legroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter