Plan, plan and plan some more-AKA Mom's driving her son nuts- A September 2017 PTR

Okay, I'm trying to decide whether I want to keep one of my ADR's. I'm going back and forth about keeping Akershus. It has nothing to do with the food. It's just I'm not 100% sure that my guys would enjoy it. I'm so conflicted right now. I'm tempted to give it up so that another family that truly would love it can have it.

Really trying to talk myself out of flying....I can get round trip tickets for the 3 of us for a total of $780...I'm just not sure how we would get from MCO to Universal....Might have to do a little research.....

Okay, I'm trying to decide whether I want to keep one of my ADR's. I'm going back and forth about keeping Akershus. It has nothing to do with the food. It's just I'm not 100% sure that my guys would enjoy it. I'm so conflicted right now. I'm tempted to give it up so that another family that truly would love it can have it.

Really trying to talk myself out of flying....I can get round trip tickets for the 3 of us for a total of $780...I'm just not sure how we would get from MCO to Universal....Might have to do a little research.....

Are taxis an option for a party of 3? (I'm not sure), but if so that's how we get there. It should be about $40.

Okay, not really an update per say, but this is still funny and Disney related...

Chris and I were coming home from grocery shopping. Well, he was talking about names for his kids. I have no idea how we got on the subject. Well, he said he wants to name his kid Artemis. Okay... I laughed and asked him what middle name he would use. He pipes up with Judy. I immediately said, Stupid Judy. Snorts...

He was kind of upset that I knew where he got that name from.... I died laughing....

Trying to lose weight between now and vacation. I'm pretty sure it's going to be hopeless.....

Okay, not really an update per say, but this is still funny and Disney related...

Chris and I were coming home from grocery shopping. Well, he was talking about names for his kids. I have no idea how we got on the subject. Well, he said he wants to name his kid Artemis. Okay... I laughed and asked him what middle name he would use. He pipes up with Judy. I immediately said, Stupid Judy. Snorts...

He was kind of upset that I knew where he got that name from.... I died laughing....

Trying to lose weight between now and vacation. I'm pretty sure it's going to be hopeless.....

:rotfl:

It's so hard you lose weight for vacation then gain it back on vacation with all the delicious food! :laughing:

We went to the Disney Outlet store today. I got a matching shirt for us. Then I got 2 other shirts for myself. I wanted to get 2 of the Mickey shirts and a matching Minnie for myself, but they didn't have my size in the Minnie shirts. Dang...Well, I just got a shirt to match the boys shirts. I'm good with it though. I'm still going to do a few tie dyed t-shirts. LOL!!

So I have the same issue with trying to find shirts in my size also. Please look into purchasing a Circuit machine and making your own shirts. I have recently bought one and it has been amazing to be able to put whatever I want to on a shirt. Now they are sort of pricey but well worth it to me.

https://shop.cricut.com/en_us/machines/cricut-explore-air/cricut-explore-air-8482-machine-teal.html[/QUOTE]

Okay. So I had a major meltdown yesterday. After all the planning and preparing my son sent me a text message that his time off was denied. Really? I was literally in tears. When he got home he told me that the reason it was denied was because she thought he was wanting to take off the week before Black Friday. Really? What part of September did she not understand? Ugh. She said she is going to fix it. Because she had said it was okay last year.

I'm friends with his manager and she said that she would approve it, but she's on vacation this week. Ugh.

And I changed hotels for the Universal part of the trip. Why? Because Hard Rock Hotel is actually cheaper. By about $20 a night. So I went ahead and changed. This will hopefully be the last change I make. At least to the Universal part of the trip. I'm considering changing hotels for the Disney part. Waiting to hear back from my Travel Agent.

Then, I don't know if Jordan will be able to get off. This is all becoming very complicated. Ugh. I was seriously ready to cancel last night. My sister had to talk me down from it.

I found a Ariel t-shirt. Ariel is my second favorite character. So I'm seriously excited.

Okay. So I had a major meltdown yesterday. After all the planning and preparing my son sent me a text message that his time off was denied. Really? I was literally in tears. When he got home he told me that the reason it was denied was because she thought he was wanting to take off the week before Black Friday. Really? What part of September did she not understand? Ugh. She said she is going to fix it. Because she had said it was okay last year.

I'm friends with his manager and she said that she would approve it, but she's on vacation this week. Ugh.

And I changed hotels for the Universal part of the trip. Why? Because Hard Rock Hotel is actually cheaper. By about $20 a night. So I went ahead and changed. This will hopefully be the last change I make. At least to the Universal part of the trip. I'm considering changing hotels for the Disney part. Waiting to hear back from my Travel Agent.

Then, I don't know if Jordan will be able to get off. This is all becoming very complicated. Ugh. I was seriously ready to cancel last night. My sister had to talk me down from it.

I found a Ariel t-shirt. Ariel is my second favorite character. So I'm seriously excited.

Aw oh no! I'm glad it's (sort of) sorted out and he can get the time off.

I'm glad you didn't cancel!

Okay, so my best friend and I are working on making tip envelopes for our trip. Went out and bought some card stock for it. I'm pretty excited about doing it.

I've been hoping that free dining is available for our trip. I know that it is for the dates, but as far as the room type and hotel, I'm not sure. Is it just me or do people go nuts about free dining? People are making three and four reservations at different times hoping to land it. Seriously? I'm hoping to get it, but not depending on it. There might be a better deal with a room rate. Because if you get free dining you have to pay rack rate for the hotel room and end up paying more.

When people make multiple reservations it lessens the chance of free dining because Disney sees more people coming. Some people just won't understand that...No matter how much you try to tell them that fact....

I basically told my TA that if free dining does come out and I can get it for the same resort and room type, then go ahead. I'm not changing resorts though. I'd love to stay at French Quarter. I've heard it's usually excluded from free dining...

I'm having a seriously hard time right now. I just realized that there are a few meals that I don't have anything planned for. I'm thinking that we can just walk up to a few places if we get hungry. Not the more popular places, but either counter service of some table service places..

i'm wanting to try that new restaurant The Polite Pig. It's looks like food that we'd find around here. In fact, that's basically what Chris said. The food sounds very yummy.... Just like home cooking around here. LOL!! If anyone hasn't tried Alabama white sauce it's amazing..... I strongly urge you to try it. It's best with chicken, but good for all BBQ....

So, I decided that we are going to go to the Character Warehouse in Orlando and get some shirts. Mostly because I'm tired of running around looking for stuff and it's an outlet store.....

I've been hoping that free dining is available for our trip. I know that it is for the dates, but as far as the room type and hotel, I'm not sure. Is it just me or do people go nuts about free dining? People are making three and four reservations at different times hoping to land it. Seriously? I'm hoping to get it, but not depending on it. There might be a better deal with a room rate. Because if you get free dining you have to pay rack rate for the hotel room and end up paying more.

I think it will be. Rumor is that we'll know on Monday! (And the discounts for rooms will be out too). People do go nuts! I was watching a disunplugged podcast today about it. They were saying people were booking tons of reservations at hotels and restaurants in anticipation which is nuts. (We don't qualify for it with Aps, but for us the room discount is always better). I have also heard that moderate and value resorts will only be QS plans.

I basically told my TA that if free dining does come out and I can get it for the same resort and room type, then go ahead. I'm not changing resorts though. I'd love to stay at French Quarter. I've heard it's usually excluded from free dining...

Good idea there's such limited availability at a lot of them anyway. I like it there, we stayed for 2 days last year when we had to add to the trip but everything was pretty much booked up. But it's hardly ever included in any discounts which makes it almost as expensive as staying deluxe after discounts.

I think it will be. Rumor is that we'll know on Monday! (And the discounts for rooms will be out too). People do go nuts! I was watching a disunplugged podcast today about it. They were saying people were booking tons of reservations at hotels and restaurants in anticipation which is nuts. (We don't qualify for it with Aps, but for us the room discount is always better). I have also heard that moderate and value resorts will only be QS plans.

Good idea there's such limited availability at a lot of them anyway. I like it there, we stayed for 2 days last year when we had to add to the trip but everything was pretty much booked up. But it's hardly ever included in any discounts which makes it almost as expensive as staying deluxe after discounts.
Keeping my fingers crossed that free dining will come out tomorrow. I told Chris and he was like, meh. He doesn't really care one way or the other. LOL!! Yeah, I saw that same podcast. I can't imagine doing that. I guess it's because we have to ask off for certain dates. Either way we are going for the same dates. A lot of Table service reservations will probably be opening up.

We stayed at French Quarter back in 2013. I absolutely love that resort. I loved how quiet it was and that we could take a boat to Downtown Disney. We did get free dining last year when we stayed at All Star Music and we didn't book until really late. It was almost June when we booked.

That's why I love my TA. She always gets us the best deal possible. Plus, I don't have to worry about getting up super early. I emailed her and she told me that she's got me as the first on her list to call. Yay!!

Keeping my fingers crossed that free dining will come out tomorrow. I told Chris and he was like, meh. He doesn't really care one way or the other. LOL!! Yeah, I saw that same podcast. I can't imagine doing that. I guess it's because we have to ask off for certain dates. Either way we are going for the same dates. A lot of Table service reservations will probably be opening up.

Oh yes that reminds me to wake up early and check for room discounts. Yeah we also have to know our dates ahead of time, but we have to ask for 3 weeks and then they can pick which one works best for them so I can kind of see booking backup in case they pick another. But we know in January which is usually before we book for Sep so that's not really an issue. After that I can't change my dates at all so there'd be no point in booking different dates, but I wouldn't change my dates for a discount anyway.

We stayed at French Quarter back in 2013. I absolutely love that resort. I loved how quiet it was and that we could take a boat to Downtown Disney. We did get free dining last year when we stayed at All Star Music and we didn't book until really late. It was almost June when we booked.

Nice! We've never stayed at Allstars. I do agree POFQ was awesome, I wish it was part of discounts more often.

That's why I love my TA. She always gets us the best deal possible. Plus, I don't have to worry about getting up super early. I emailed her and she told me that she's got me as the first on her list to call. Yay!!

:thumbsup2

So, we made one more change to our plans. Originally we had been staying at Pop Century. Well, Pop wasn't included in the offer for the dates we are going to be there. So, when my TA emailed me this morning, she told me that I could book it a preferred room at Port Orleans Riverside. OMG!!!! When I heard that I literally started crying. That was the hotel that my husband and I stayed at on our last trip with just the two of us in 2010. We have stayed there three times. We also stayed at FQ. FQ isn't our favorite, but we like it. She asked if she wanted me to book that or a preferred room at All Star Sports. I would have gotten a refund. That's with Deluxe Dining.

Decisions, decisions. Stay at the same place we stayed last year, but in a preferred room this year. With Deluxe dining and get a refund. Or......Stay at my most favorite hotel and pay $54 more.

It would have been a no brainer. I know some people say that you should stay at All Star Sports and get a refund. Well, I'm not one of those people. I wanted to stay there to begin with, but it was almost $1500 more to stay there over Pop. So, I switched. It was in the budget anyways. So......I'm so freaking happy. You honestly have no idea.Yeah, it would have meant more spending money, but Chris knows how much I love this resort. In fact when I first booked the trip Chris asked why I did book POR. I told him how much more it was. He was like, okay....

We love FQ and Riverside. I see people say that they are different resorts. I consider them one and the same. French Quarter wasn't included, but I'm so glad. So, we are staying at POR, in a preferred room and we have 9 days worth of tickets and we have Deluxe Dining. And I was just looking at the pictures and they have a ceiling fan!!! I have to sleep with a ceiling fan and they have one. I'm getting more and more excited.

I think this will be the last change I make. At least until something else comes along. LOL!!

So, we made one more change to our plans. Originally we had been staying at Pop Century. Well, Pop wasn't included in the offer for the dates we are going to be there. So, when my TA emailed me this morning, she told me that I could book it a preferred room at Port Orleans Riverside. OMG!!!! When I heard that I literally started crying. That was the hotel that my husband and I stayed at on our last trip with just the two of us in 2010. We have stayed there three times. We also stayed at FQ. FQ isn't our favorite, but we like it. She asked if she wanted me to book that or a preferred room at All Star Sports. I would have gotten a refund. That's with Deluxe Dining.

Ooo good news!

Decisions, decisions. Stay at the same place we stayed last year, but in a preferred room this year. With Deluxe dining and get a refund. Or......Stay at my most favorite hotel and pay $54 more.

I think this is a no brainer...:scratchin

It would have been a no brainer. I know some people say that you should stay at All Star Sports and get a refund. Well, I'm not one of those people. I wanted to stay there to begin with, but it was almost $1500 more to stay there over Pop. So, I switched. It was in the budget anyways. So......I'm so freaking happy. You honestly have no idea.Yeah, it would have meant more spending money, but Chris knows how much I love this resort. In fact when I first booked the trip Chris asked why I did book POR. I told him how much more it was. He was like, okay....

Well you picked the way I would have too :rotfl:

We love FQ and Riverside. I see people say that they are different resorts. I consider them one and the same. French Quarter wasn't included, but I'm so glad. So, we are staying at POR, in a preferred room and we have 9 days worth of tickets and we have Deluxe Dining. And I was just looking at the pictures and they have a ceiling fan!!! I have to sleep with a ceiling fan and they have one. I'm getting more and more excited.

I think this will be the last change I make. At least until something else comes along. LOL!!

:cheer2: I'm hoping I made my last hotel change today too.

Apparently I can't stop changing my plans for where we are staying. First it was Pop Century. Then it was Riverside. Now, we are staying at....

animalkingdom.jpg

Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Not only is this the first time that I've stayed here, but it's the first time that I've ever stayed at a Deluxe Resort. So, I have no idea about how the bus system works. If it's better to take my car to certain parks. Nothing. So, I feel like a total newbie right now. I will be doing lots and lots of research on this one.

If anyone has any suggestions/tips I'm open to hearing them.

There is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes. This week is not going to be a good week for me. I guess I'm doing this just to get my mind off of everything.

We are still going to Universal. Still looking forward to meeting up with Raeven. I also have a friend that lives in Orlando and we are going to be meeting up to eat at Disney Springs.

A friend of ours was asking me all kinds of questions about Universal. Because he's never been. So, about 2 hours later I'm done telling him about everything. LOL!! Yes, I can talk about Universal and Disney that much. So, he tells me that I need to become a Travel Agent. LOL!! He's not the first person to tell me that.

Apparently I can't stop changing my plans for where we are staying. First it was Pop Century. Then it was Riverside. Now, we are staying at....

animalkingdom-jpg.234720

:cheer2:

So, I have no idea about how the bus system works. If it's better to take my car to certain parks. Nothing. So, I feel like a total newbie right now. I will be doing lots and lots of research on this one.

The buses were great there. We always seemed to have one waiting for us. It was a longer ride from AKL, but I never minded it. You may want to take your car to some places.

There is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes. This week is not going to be a good week for me. I guess I'm doing this just to get my mind off of everything.

I'm going to message you!

We are still going to Universal. Still looking forward to meeting up with Raeven. I also have a friend that lives in Orlando and we are going to be meeting up to eat at Disney Springs.

:cheer2:

The buses were great there. We always seemed to have one waiting for us. It was a longer ride from AKL, but I never minded it. You may want to take your car to some places.

I'm going to message you!

We usually take our car to Epcot. I'm going to give them each a try and see how it goes. Since the ECV I've rented can be taken apart, it might be easier to just take our car. Except to the Magic Kingdom. We do have some early morning ADR's so I'll have to wait and see how that goes. And I'm kinda excited because since we are staying there our dinner at Sanaa will be easier. Cause we can go right from dinner to our room. LOL!!

Okay, so I made a few changes to our plans.Since the Halloween tickets went on sale today I tweeked our plans a little bit.

And a Dining reservation opened up for T-Rex. So, I changed our plans for Sunday. We are going to do the Halloween party on Sunday the 17th of September. I booked dinner at the Diamond Horseshoe. It's at 4:45. I ate there way back when they first opened....That was when they had a show. So, it's definitely going to be interesting.

We were going to do Hollywood Studios that day, but changed our mind because the price for the party is cheaper on Sunday than Friday. So we are going to be dead on Monday. LOL!! No sleep for us on Sunday night. LOL!! Pffff...Sleep is for when you aren't on vacation. LOL!! So we are going to party until we drop. We will be all hyped up on the candy they pass out. Just need to plan a costume to wear.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!