Placing an Offer to Getting a Reservation

RNBelle

Mouseketeer
We want to go to Disney November 8. If I bid on a contract (not stripped) this week, will I be able to book a trip on those points?

no one here can tell you this. Really depends on what you get if its resale than disney wont give u the "magic" of a quick room deal.

Do you know how quickly you can typically make a reservation? I saw 2-3 weeks after closing and closing takes about two months?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the answer is NO.

I have been looking at Reservations for a 2 day period, checking in Friday November 8th, checking out Sunday November 10th, and I hate to say it but there is not a single DVC room of any type, any size, any view, ANYWHERE IN DISNEY WORLD, for those dates. DVC at Disney World is ALL BOOKED UP FOR THAT WEEKEND.

I guess there is a very small chance you might be able to put yourself on a Waiting List and get them that way, but keep in mind that there are most likely Dozens of people (at least) who are already ahead of you on a waiting list, for units for those days. I know I am on the waiting list.

The Fall period of October 1st through December 31st is VERY popular with DVC people. This year it pretty much booked out 100%, MONTHS IN ADVANCE. There are a few days, here and there, at a few resorts during those months, but it is extremely limited and nothing is available for that particular weekend.

This also brings up the 'New Reality' of DVC, which is that, MOST OF THE TIME, you will have very little availability, anywhere, at 3 to 4 months out. And this pretty much applies to ALL resorts. ALL of the desirable units that are left from the Home Booking Window of 7 to 11 months, will book out INSTANTLY at the moment the 7 month window opens. And the less desirable properties will mostly be gone within a few weeks after that.

If you can't plan your trips well in advance, DVC probably is not for you.

Last edited:

No way it's happening, you probably won't close and get access your points till almost September, if buying resale.

If you buy direct, you would probably have a chance at that your DVC guide might be able to setup a "Welcome Home" reservation, but they might not either.

Assuming you are buying resale, if you made an offer and its accepted, the quickest you would have points would be about a month, most likely 2 months.
So, theoretically, you could.
However from the start of Food and Wine until after New Years is jsut about the busiest time for DVC and there is next to nothing available at 7 months and less. You could get lucky and find a cancellation.

If you buy direct, you would probably have a chance at that your DVC guide might be able to setup a "Welcome Home" reservation, but they might not either.
Very true.

We want to go to Disney November 8. If I bid on a contract (not stripped) this week, will I be able to book a trip on those points?

I don't know how much research you have done into DVC. Before we purchased our first contract, I spent a lot of time reading through all of the really good DVC information they have here.
As others have said, DVC is great for those who can plan 11 months ahead and visit frequently.
If you want more spontaneous trips or don't visit frequently, DVC may not be a good fit.

I made an offer on my most recent purchase on 4/23. It was accepted immediately and went to ROFR the next day (i.e. there was no back and forth haggling).

The points were not in my account and usable until 6/19...57 days from start to completion. It was one of my fastest purchases.

If you were to make an offer on a contract today, and you are a new member, you shouldn't expect to have an account created, a membership login and the points loaded until some time in mid- to late-September. Possibly even later. Or not at all all if Disney decides to take their time before exercising ROFR.

Normally I would say that it's a possibility. We bought last year May/June and made a 10 day long booking the first week of September that year at OKW. But with Star Wars land opening and November always being busy on it's own, I would think availability at this point will be nil. That is the reality of DVC, you have to plan and book many months in advance. Doesn't bother me, but I can see how it's a problem for some.

Normally I would say that it's a possibility. We bought last year May/June and made a 10 day long booking the first week of September that year at OKW. But with Star Wars land opening and November always being busy on it's own, I would think availability at this point will be nil. That is the reality of DVC, you have to plan and book many months in advance. Doesn't bother me, but I can see how it's a problem for some.
The first week of Sept is way different from Nov 8. Your nights were not as popular as the time in Nov with Wine & Dine, Food & Wine, Christmas parties, etc.

That's a very busy weekend with Veteran's Day. I have a trip booked over that time frame and have been religiously stalking the website to see if any other resorts open up and I can tell you there hasn't been availability in ANY resort for weeks- the only day I see open up occasionally is the 10th.

One of the most important things to understand when buying is the availability - for November you ideally should book 11 months out. If you put in an offer today, you would have your points in 2-3 months- so by October. There is probably aren’t any rooms now so certainly nothing come October.

If you really want to buy into DVC don’t rush into it just for one particular trip, take you time and research and plan for a trip next year.

As others have mentioned, it is not whether or not you'd be closed and have points to use for November in time, it is that there won't be any rooms (or very limited) for when you want to go, especially since its pretty slim now. From October to January, those trips need to be booked well in advance. But, the good news is that if you buy this year, and close in the fall, you will be a member to try for a 2020 fall trip! Good luck!

You probably should just book via cash at this point if you really want those dates...then you can play your hand at ROFR roulette and maybe if you pass you will get a miracle similar to seeing someone walk on water and can use your newly purchased DVC points for a room on those dates, which would allow you to cancel your cash reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!