Placeholder questions

mrsgthatsme

Mouseketeer
As soon as early 2020 itineraries are announced, we will be using a placeholder for the first time, so I had a few quick questions to make sure I am prepared. :) First, if we book a cruise using our placeholder, then later decide to move our booking to a different date (still prior to the 2 year deadline since we booked the placeholder) will we lose our 10% discount or would that transfer to the rescheduled booking? Also, we will be booking a second room for my parents (they don't have a placeholder). Can we book that all together, or will we have to do separate reservations since they don't have a placeholder? Thank you!

As long as the date you move your cruise to isn’t a black out date you will still receive the 10% off.

As far as your parents they will have to book their own room and will not receive any of the placeholder perks unfortunately.

Be sure not to "cancel" your first one - just ask to change the sail dates.

We are doing this when the 2020 itineraries come out as well - at least, that's the current plan. :earsboy:

With regards to a 2nd cabin: I thought that you could do 2 rooms on a placeholder, as long as someone who was on the first cruise is on the 2nd reservation. If you split up so you and spouse are in separate cabins and a parent is in each cabin, would you be able to get the 10% discount and on board credit for both cabins?

With regards to a 2nd cabin: I thought that you could do 2 rooms on a placeholder, as long as someone who was on the first cruise is on the 2nd reservation. If you split up so you and spouse are in separate cabins and a parent is in each cabin, would you be able to get the 10% discount and on board credit for both cabins?

As I read it, they already have the placeholder, therefore they are only eligible for 1 cabin at the OBB rate.

Unfortunately we only have one placeholder... we would be happy to put one spouse on each reservation to get the discount, but it was my understanding that had to be done onboard when the placeholder is initially booked? I would be thrilled if I was wrong though!! :)

Unfortunately we only have one placeholder... we would be happy to put one spouse on each reservation to get the discount, but it was my understanding that had to be done onboard when the placeholder is initially booked? I would be thrilled if I was wrong though!! :)

No, you are correct. If you had booked 2 placeholders you could use them. But since you only bought 1, you are only entitled to 1 cabin at the placeholder rate and benefits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter