place to stay?

llane

Mouseketeer
Are there any suggestions for a nice hotel offsite?

We will be arrinving late afternoon on a friday and need a place to stay. Something with a pool and a good rate would be nice.
We can than check in saturday all refreshed and ready to go.

Thanks.

I'm not sure if you mean you are checking in to a DVC room the next morning because this was originally on the DVC board but got moved, but if that is the case what we did one year was rent points from a member for a studio at OKW. We weren't getting in until about 10:00 p.m. on a Friday, a member from the Rent/Trade board let us rent 10 points at $6/point (that's all we needed for a studio for one night that time of year). You can't beat $60 for a night on property especially at OKW. We didn't use it but the pool happened to be right near our room. The next day I went over early to the Polynesian where we were going to be staying (and I do mean early- 7:30 a.m.) and checked us in while my husband slept in the other room, got a great view at the Poly because of checking in so early, then went back woke my husband up and checked out, it worked great for us. Hope this helps!

For one night you might have some fun with Priceline.com...I"ll bet if you bid a 3 star hotel in the "Disney vicinity" you would get a really nice room at a very nice hotel for about 40 dollars....If that doesn't appeal some real good deals can be found at weeklytop10-orlando.com....good luck..Ted

I would 2nd Ted's suggestion to try priceline. That'll likely get you your best deal! Although renting the points for another night on property is an excellent suggestion, for a friday night it will cost a lot of points--probably 30+. So not a very cost effective option (although it would be a luxurious and fun one!)

We've stayed at Tropical Palms Fun Resort before, and its very nice. Quiet and with nice pools...plus all their villas come with kitchens, so you could save a little more $ eating in. Depending on the time of your stay and the # of bedrooms you'd want, it'll cost between $79-139.

Hope that helps!

BK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter