Pizza Planet closes tomorrow for refurb :-(.

Their gluten-free pizza was actually pretty good when we had it a year ago. Of course, that's for a given value of "good, for being gluten-free" because so many GF substitutions are terrible. After nearly 7 years of being GF due to celiac, we're just excited when pizza is edible-- and we're used to paying ridiculous prices for it being wheat-free.

Last edited:
Their gluten-free pizza was actually pretty good when we had it a year ago. Of course, that's for a given value of "good, for being gluten-free" because so many GF substitutions are terrible. After nearly 7 years of being GF due to celiac, we're just excited when pizza is edible-- and we're used to paying ridiculous prices for it being wheat-free.

My wife has a gluten sensitivity and enjoys their pizza quite a bit. It is much better than the pizza they have sitting out under the heat lamps. That stuff is dog food. They make the gluten free one when you order it and I've tried it as well and it is very good pizza for a theme park.

Actually, their gluten free pizza is pretty much the only edible item on the menu. Also, next time you are in the area, Pizza Press and Blaze both have good gluten free crusts.

I'm surprised to hear the complaints about their food, this is one of my favorite places to eat in the parks. But I should say that I've never tried their pizza, I always go for the pasta. I really love pasta and there's not enough of it to be found in Disneyland!

Agreed! I just had the fusilli chicken pasta there on Saturday and it was DELICIOUS!

I'm surprised to hear the complaints about their food, this is one of my favorite places to eat in the parks. But I should say that I've never tried their pizza, I always go for the pasta. I really love pasta and there's not enough of it to be found in Disneyland!
Their pasta isn't even good anymore, many years ago it was decent, but not anymore.

I actually cringed at the phrase "squirt of ice cream" :crazy2:
The phrase didn’t bother me the 1st time I read it. But, now that you’ve called it out.....all I can think is eeeeewwwwwww!!!

Reactions: EmJ

I also feel in the minority because I've always liked the place and we eat here on every visit (pizza and pasta)!

I also feel in the minority because I've always liked the place and we eat here on every visit (pizza and pasta)!

I don't think its all that horrible either. I've actually enjoyed several of their wacky specialty pizzas recently and we love the alien macaron they have there on and off. It does help to keep an eye out and try to get a slice from a fresh pie instead of one that's been basking under the lamps for a while but during a busy lunch period (when we typically go) that usually isn't a huge problem. DD13 also likes the GF pizza there as others have mentioned. DD7 loves that fusilli pasta as well.

It did seem like a missed opportunity to not go full on Pizza Planet with this place so I'm interested to see what it looks like when we're there Memorial Day weekend.

I'll chime in and say that I like it too. I usually enjoy their specialty pizza. I mean, it's not like spectacular, but it's a decent stop for a quick meal.

I don't think its all that horrible either. I've actually enjoyed several of their wacky specialty pizzas recently and we love the alien macaron they have there on and off. It does help to keep an eye out and try to get a slice from a fresh pie instead of one that's been basking under the lamps for a while but during a busy lunch period (when we typically go) that usually isn't a huge problem. DD13 also likes the GF pizza there as others have mentioned. DD7 loves that fusilli pasta as well.

It did seem like a missed opportunity to not go full on Pizza Planet with this place so I'm interested to see what it looks like when we're there Memorial Day weekend.

YES

The alien macaron is DELICIOUS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter