Pizza Planet closes tomorrow for refurb :-(.

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Folks, I regret to inform you all that Pizza Planet closes tomorrow through May 24 for the inside refurb (the outside has been under refurb for a few weeks now). :-(. I’m sitting here now and CMs inside just told me.

They really only have two choices:

1. Radically revamp the menu to start serving edible food.
2. Burn it to the ground.

Anything besides those options is a waste of money.
OMG, they should have a laugh reaction button. I almost woke my sleeping child.

I was hopeful it would be themed like the "real" Pizza Planet in Toy Story, but I hadn't heard that about the food. Too funny. We'll keep our distance.

A CM at the register told me that they’ll simply bring it more in line with the Pizza Planet theming. She said that the food would not change.
That would be fun! My son recently asked if Pizza Planet “is real” (a question he asks a lot lately about things he sees in movies) and I told him, yes, it’s at Disneyland! I’ve never taken him before because I don’t like the food but I’ll suck it up if the theming is “more.”

They really only have two choices:

1. Radically revamp the menu to start serving edible food.
2. Burn it to the ground.

Anything besides those options is a waste of money.

DING...DING....DING ……….. WE HAVE A WINNER !!!

:laughing: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You would think they would have done this way before opening Toy Story 4 as a whole generation of kids are just falling in love with the movie . And would suck us parents into $40 pizza no matter how bad the pizza is

Folks, I regret to inform you all that Pizza Planet closes tomorrow through May 24 for the inside refurb (the outside has been under refurb for a few weeks now). :-(. I’m sitting here now and CMs inside just told me.
Good, hopefully they can fix the food while they are closed.

$40+ for a pizza! Wow, even for theme park prices that seems crazy!
Six flags had a $50 pizza 3 years ago. It came with four tiny soda cups...

I find Disney food prices to be cheaper than other theme parks. Ice cream at the cozy cone is less than $4 for a huge swirl cone. Its over $6 at Great America for a tiny squirt of ice cream, less than the amount at McDonald's.

Of course if I wanted to buy a pizza for my family I think we'd go to Naples where we can at least get a quality dinner for that money.

A CM at the register told me that they’ll simply bring it more in line with the Pizza Planet theming. She said that the food would not change.

I'm okay with this then. I like the pizza there and it's one thing on a very short list of things I can tolerate eating at the parks. I'm still upset they did something to the grilled cheese at Jolly Holiday. Makes me hella sick now whenever I've tried eating it. Something just tastes wrong with it.

Granted, I'm a "just cheese pizza" kind of person and prefer more simple tastes (super taster with texture issues so I can't handle much stronger than that). I don't like super fancy things or extra bits when it comes to my food.

I so hope they add a claw machine (even if it's just decoration)! Then it would truly be Pizza Planet!

The pizza is $40 because they charge you like you are buying 6 slices @ $7 per slice.

Six flags had a $50 pizza 3 years ago. It came with four tiny soda cups...

I find Disney food prices to be cheaper than other theme parks. Ice cream at the cozy cone is less than $4 for a huge swirl cone. Its over $6 at Great America for a tiny squirt of ice cream, less than the amount at McDonald's.

Of course if I wanted to buy a pizza for my family I think we'd go to Naples where we can at least get a quality dinner for that money.
I actually cringed at the phrase "squirt of ice cream" :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter