Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

No, just hoping maybe you get upgraded somewhere or get some pixie dust in another form :goodvibes The CL upgrade wasn't our only pixie dust, it comes in many forms!
I was so focused on your pixie dust upgrade! You are right! We will see... We will have a great time no matter what.

Our first stop was for Steve and it was the Coastal Eats booth. He saw scallops on the menu and couldn't resist:
Seared Scallops- with Roasted Corn and Butterbean Succotash and Chili-Chipotle Butter Sauce

img_8522-jpg.355598

He loved this, the scallops were tender and the roasted corn,
Andy will def need to try this one. I am not a scallop or corn fan. But he never gets scallops so, this will be perfect for him.

No matter, I got my cider flight!

img_8525-jpg.355604

If you aren't aware, I love me some cider and I developed this love while in Disney, and pretty much in Epcot. This particular trio of ciders wasn't necessarily my favorite but one did stand out, the Ciderboys Zen Berry Hard Cider (WI). My second favorite was the 3 Daughters Brewing Blueberry Peppercorn Hard Cider (FL) and the third, the Original Sin Dry Rose Hard Cider (NY), I didn't really like. Oh but I drank it. You really can't NOT drink it, it's against Epcot cider laws.
I want to try this and the RGB flight!

Chocolate Picante-Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder, and Mango:

img_8527-jpg.355606
I know you texted me on this one. This is another one, I don't think I would have tried it and now I def want to!!!

So at this point I'm savory -1, sweet +1, and adult beverages +3 even though they're the size of dixie cups (raise your hand if you remember dixie cups :-)).
I remember the commercials early Saturday morning!

Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak on a Smoked Corn Cake- with pickled vegetable slaw and cilantro aioli:

img_8526-jpg.355605

He thought this was fantastic and it ended up being one of his favorite festival dishes.
This was on my list as well!

Food pictures are making me hungry. But I have a hard time eating when it’s that hot out. How do you manage? Wow! Fab pixie mag! The suite and I think I would faint when they told me the name!

raise your hand if you remember dixie cups

:wave:

Lady, we don't care about your food! We want pictures of the suite!!!!!

Just kidding! That's so exciting! Can't wait to see more.
Speak for yourself, lol. I was so glad to see a few food item reviews!

That steak dish from Flavors from Fire is one of my most anticipated items. I hope it is as good as Steve's was!

Your trip is already off to an amazing start and you haven't even rolled around in your bathtub full of money like Scrooge mcDuck! (What do you mean gold coins not included with GF Suites???):laughing:

That’s incredible just to get upgraded to the Main building and concierge but then on top of that to find out you’re staying in the Roy Disney suite :faint:
Can’t wait to see to see your pictures :D

Out of curiosity, any idea WHY you guys got upgraded? I always wonder if it is some random thing where a guest's name pops up or if there is a reason behind it, especially for such a major one like yours. Such an amazing experience for you!

the third, the Original Sin Dry Rose Hard Cider (NY), I didn't really like. Oh but I drank it. You really can't NOT drink it, it's against Epcot cider laws.

:rotfl:

img_8527-jpg.355606

Mmmm, dark chili chocolate! Yes this is "spicy", and the mango compliments the heat perfectly.

Yum!!! This looks/sounds so good!

even though they're the size of dixie cups (raise your hand if you remember dixie cups :-)).

:wave:

It was also still 200 degrees outside which kind of kills my appetite believe it or not

I completely agree.

I feel bad posting kids I don't know but look at the moms face. She's looking at me like "why the #@* are you taking a picture of my kids????" Which I know in this day and age isn't funny......but I sort of think this picture is :P

Haha that's hilarious! I loved Daisy's F&W outfit!! :lovestruc

This was a different CM than our check in friend who looked on the computer and went "I'm sorry you didn't OH, we DID text you at 3:40, and I SO apologize for any inconvenience. Mr. and Mrs. DeVizio you are in suite 4311, the
ROY DISNEY SUITE

Oh. My. Gosh. I can only imagine how that moment felt! What an amazing upgrade! I can't wait to see/hear about when you got to the suite and saw what it entailed!

Hi Ariane,

I felt really bad when I realized that you hadn't mentioned the name of your suite before I had posted my comment. I went back as soon as I found out what I did and edited my post, hoping that most people didn't notice what I had done. So I waited until you posted the name of the suite before I said another word.

That was pretty smart of you to realize that you had gotten an upgrade as soon as the CM approached you. I wouldn't have realized that we were upgraded to CL if a GF CM had approached us after getting off the ME, especially if it was our first time staying there. We have been greeted by CMs when we were getting off the bus at the WL and BC, back in the old days when they still did that for everyone, so I would have thought it was normal for all guests.

I don't know if I could have restrained myself from looking up the types of suites they have in the RPC once I found out we were getting one. But I do agree that any suite would have been super exciting. I think I would have fainted if I knew from the start that it was the Roy Disney suite. :)

Our first stop was for Steve and it was the Coastal Eats booth. He saw scallops on the menu and couldn't resist:
Seared Scallops- with Roasted Corn and Butterbean Succotash and Chili-Chipotle Butter Sauce.

Loaded Mac 'n' Cheese-Served with Neuske's Pepper Bacon, Cheddar, Peppers, and Green Onions
Dana and I went over to Epcot for lunch on our arrival day, the day before you arrived, He had the scallops and really liked them. We shared the loaded mac and cheese and it was good, but I didn't care for the green peppers. They don't belong in mac and cheese, imo. I hate green peppers.

Braised Beef "Stroganoff"- served with tiny egg noodles, wild mushrooms, and Boursin, Garlic, and Fine Herbs Cheese Sauce
I had this last year and it was really good, but this year it was just to hot to eat it. In fact, we never made it all the way around the World Showcase on this trip because of the heat.

It was a tad harder for us to keep our cool, we looked at each other and Steve asked the CM to repeat the name of the suite lol.
Good thing you had some food first. ;) Just the name of the suite meant that it was going to be extra special. :) Royalty might have stayed there at one time. :)

So I am a little late getting over here...I thought oh, good...I wil have lots of pictures and updates about the mountains of pixie dust! And wait, no pictures of the suite yet? (Opening the door does not count! :) LOL!)

Can't wait to hear more about it. Congratulations on a fantastic upgrade!

Lynn

Woooop wooop! I found your trippie and I am super excited to read all about it!! :cool1:

Oh man, I sure could use a Disney trip with just hubby and I, what a great idea! :banana:

The Roy Disney Suite???

tumblr_ndapeyMeMv1te3e3io2_500.gif

Can't wait to read about this great adventure ::yes:: popcorn::

img_8530-jpg.355608

Last year I tried a bit of his and wished I'd gotten my own, it's sooo good! And who can resist spaetzle which is what these egg noodles are? I resisted getting my own because that cider and chocolate had filled me up for the time being. It was also still 200 degrees outside which kind of kills my appetite believe it or not, so after this we walked over to WS.

I had this too and it was great but you're right, the heat really did not make me want to eat, especially the begining of our trip I just didn't have much of an appetite but it got better by the end of the trip and I was my ravenous self. LOL. The stroganoff would be perfect for a more seasonable fall trip.

img_8639-jpg.355646

Up next, I will begin to bombard you with our suite pictures!

Ooooh soooo fancy!!!! I love it so far!

I got it figured out. The disboards are paying you for hits. Normally I might log in every week or so. But with your pixie dust trip, I am checking daily for updates. In fact, I am checking multiple times a day desperately waiting for the suite pics. You're in collusion with them aren't you. :rotfl2:

I'm running out of popcorn::
I'm running out of adult :drinking1
I'm ready to smash my:badpc:

We need the pics.

Last edited:
I'd heard good things about this last year. I'm not a mac and cheese eater but I do like cheese, and bacon, and onions, so I thought this might be for me. Eh. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good enough that I wanted more than a couple bites. The pepper bacon was kind of overpowering too and while I like spicy and hot, this was more "peppery" than spicy.

I had that both this year and last year, and it tasted way better last year. Mine this year was just dry and spicy, last year mine was creamy and it was spicy, but I felt like it worked and this year it just didn't.

I thought this was delicious except that it was 100 degrees out and is not exactly hot weather food.
Ugh, I know, it really puts a damper on F&W :( I just remembered loving this last year when Steve got it and I tasted it so I HAD to have it!

Haha cute outfit Daisy! This is one of the two characters my sister didn't get to see.
Yes I know lol, her comments on my FB page didn't sound happy that she'd missed her :laughing:

The scallops and the chimichurri steak are both on our list for next week. But, if it's going to be 90, like the forecast is predicting, I may have to rethink the scallops...But, I do see a lot of cider flights and girly alcoholic beverages in my sight...
Ooohh, you are THERE NOW :cheer2: I hope the weather is cooler for you and you're enjoying lots of food and :drinking1

Chills! I can't even imagine how exciting it was to get that suite! Talk about pixie dust!!
We never get pixie dust at home or in Disney lol so I think it took some time to sink in! And truly, not knowing anything about the Roy Disney Suite we didn't know what we were getting, except we knew it had to be cool. And on the big side :laughing: I also tend to not geek out over big things, just little things, which then makes my family members call me weird. Like if we walked in to a regular room and there was a towel animal on EACH bed, I'd get all squeaky voiced and ga-ga. But a huge suite and CL upgrade? Yeah, I shrug it off in front of others!

:crazy2: Nope, not gonna eat the green stuff either. I always think that stuff is there for decoration anyway :rotfl2:
:thumbsup2

I have seen this type of thing, but never had the nerve to try it. Maybe I should, just once.
You should! I know it sounds like a weird combination but it's surprisingly refreshing.

I don't add many gifs, so I don't know if I do it the "best" way, but I just search for the gif and try to download the image. The trick is to make sure the file size is less than 1 MB or you can't attach it.
:thanks: I'm going to try that!

I wonder if it's the one from an episode of "The Middle"? I can't remember enough about that show to tell.
At first I thought it definitely was; then I remembered the one in "The Middle" had phones i the bathrooms and we did not lol. I keep meaning to re-watch the episode but I haven't yet!

All the foods!!! :mickeybar
::yes:: And we just started!!!

Holy CRAP! Can't wait to see more!!!
I promise I'll get to it! Believe me I want to, stupid every day stuff gets in the way :sad2: :-)

OK so I couldn't quote your quote but I know the heat really cramped our eating style at the festival. There were things I'd wanted to try that I didn't because it was too hot and then days I thought I'd eat more and didn't - which looking back was probably a good thing! Looking forward to our Nov. trip when it should definitely be cooler.

What???? Where's the suite???? Tease!
Ha ha there isn't one, April Fool's in October :rotfl:
I promise as soon as I can caught up with work, the pictures shall appear :goodvibes

Mmmmm spaetzle! I have the little spaetzle maker (it's like a cheese grater but bigger holes and you put it over a pot of boiling water), and I love to make them!
OMG a spaetzle machine???? I never even thought about the possibility of owning one of these!! I must look for one :surfweb:

Such a tease! :D
:P

This is so exciting!!!!
It was a crazy day for sure! I didn't mind our plans being altered because when we walked in we HAD to spend time soaking in that suite!

Joining in! How cool and can't wait to see more!
:welcome: thanks for following! Since everyone is probably going to stone me soon, I'll have pictures up asap lol!

Ariane!!!!!! I want pictures.....I am dying of suspense!
I KNOW :laughing: I'm so darn busy I just can't get to posting as fast as I want!! They're coming I promise, and I have SO many you'll be sorry you asked for them lol

Love your Epcot F&W pics too, it looks like some pretty generous servings on the food. I am going to get there one day!
It's funny I said to Steve more than once that many of the offerings did seem to be larger portions than in previous years, which was nice. Although I got more full faster which may have also been due to the heat.

Oooh, a cliffhanger! popcorn::
I think I may do that again in this TR ;)

You sure know how to leave a girl hanging!
I didn't realize I was going to get have so many friends posed on the edge of their seat lol

Are you freaking kidding. Start this party. party:
:rockband:

I want to try this and the RGB flight!
I hope you already have, and that you guys are having a fanTABulous first kid-free trip :teeth:

I know you texted me on this one. This is another one, I don't think I would have tried it and now I def want to!!!
And that you tried this, too!

Lady, we don't care about your food! We want pictures of the suite!!!!!

Just kidding! That's so exciting! Can't wait to see more.
Now I'm going to spam you with food pics lol!!

Food pictures are making me hungry. But I have a hard time eating when it’s that hot out. How do you manage?
Yeah it was definitely harder eating as much as I normally would on this trip; I swear it was hotter than our Aug. trips. I managed well enough though! Just changed some things that I wanted to try for one or two I didn't think I would!

I think I would faint when they told me the name!
It took a few minutes to sink in! And I think we were still riding a little high from being upgraded to club since that was only our 2nd time doing it.

:earseek::earseek::earseek: Oh. My. Gosh!!!
pixiedust: and really only the beginning!

I was so glad to see a few food item reviews!
:love2:

Your trip is already off to an amazing start and you haven't even rolled around in your bathtub full of money like Scrooge mcDuck! (What do you mean gold coins not included with GF Suites???):laughing:
Don't worry, bathtub pictures are coming :rolleyes1
I believe we'll get upgraded to "gold coin status" on our next trip, dahling, :snooty:

That’s incredible just to get upgraded to the Main building and concierge but then on top of that to find out you’re staying in the Roy Disney suite :faint:
Can’t wait to see to see your pictures :D
I felt like we, for once, had good luck on our side!

I got it figured out. The disboards are paying you for hits. Normally I might log in every week or so. But with your pixie dust trip, I am checking daily for updates. In fact, I am checking multiple times a day desperately waiting for the suite pics. You're in collusion with them aren't you. :rotfl2:

I'm running out of popcorn::
I'm running out of adult :drinking1
I'm ready to smash my:badpc:

We need the pics.
:laughing: Now if the boards paid posters for how many clicks and likes they got, I would for sure continue to postpone posting pictures! Unfortunately it's nothing more than everyday crap getting in the way :mad: which always happens when all I want to do is sit down and post on the DIS!

Of course you have since completed your research and will be sharing with all of us before showing any additional pictures of your suite - right?
YES! And oh boy will I be sharing pictures, I'll be sharing so many you'll be like, "um, can we see some food or something maybe" lol

Oh yum love me some hot spicy chocolate.
I've come to realize I like anything chocolate + spicy!

Out of curiosity, any idea WHY you guys got upgraded? I always wonder if it is some random thing where a guest's name pops up or if there is a reason behind it, especially for such a major one like yours. Such an amazing experience for you!
I do have a couple thoughts :scratchin but I don't know for sure. I've had clients and friends get smaller upgrades such as a standard view to water or garden; and you do hear about people being upgraded to Club Level. Usually that's because they've overbooked the lower priced rooms or occasionally because someone is celebrating a special occasion, but normally they don't upgrade just because of a special occasion. I wondered about it the first few days and then said, "whatever"!!

Haha that's hilarious! I loved Daisy's F&W outfit!! :lovestruc
So do I, I was hoping we'd see more characters in different F&W outfits but we didn't!

Oh. My. Gosh. I can only imagine how that moment felt! What an amazing upgrade! I can't wait to see/hear about when you got to the suite and saw what it entailed!
Coming up soon!! Well, eventually..........:thumbsup2

I felt really bad when I realized that you hadn't mentioned the name of your suite before I had posted my comment. I went back as soon as I found out what I did and edited my post, hoping that most people didn't notice what I had done. So I waited until you posted the name of the suite before I said another word.
Oh Sue please, no need to apologize at all! I even alluded to it in my TR title :) I didn't think twice about it!

That was pretty smart of you to realize that you had gotten an upgrade as soon as the CM approached you. I wouldn't have realized that we were upgraded to CL if a GF CM had approached us after getting off the ME, especially if it was our first time staying there. We have been greeted by CMs when we were getting off the bus at the WL and BC, back in the old days when they still did that for everyone, so I would have thought it was normal for all guests.
The only reason I knew is because now, you really don't get greeted unless you're staying Club! If it had happened to us in the past when we weren't staying club I probably wouldn't have noticed right away either.

I had this last year and it was really good, but this year it was just to hot to eat it. In fact, we never made it all the way around the World Showcase on this trip because of the heat.
I understand, it was hard for us to do so except that we did go there pretty often. However I skipped a few things I wanted to have due to the heat.

So I am a little late getting over here...I thought oh, good...I wil have lots of pictures and updates about the mountains of pixie dust! And wait, no pictures of the suite yet? (Opening the door does not count! :) LOL!)
:welcome:, I'm glad you made it :goodvibes And sorry there weren't more pictures for you yet lol!! I promise the next post will be a "mountain" of suite pictures :thumbsup2

Woooop wooop! I found your trippie and I am super excited to read all about it!! :cool1:
Hi there and :welcome: to you, too!!!

Oh man, I sure could use a Disney trip with just hubby and I, what a great idea! :banana:
We started doing kid-free trips a couple years ago and haven't looked back lol. Now we try to do a couple of them a year, they're much different than when we take the kids but absolutely still full of fun!

Ooooh soooo fancy!!!! I love it so far!
We be fancy :crazy: but only in the GF, never anywhere else :P

I had that both this year and last year, and it tasted way better last year. Mine this year was just dry and spicy, last year mine was creamy and it was spicy, but I felt like it worked and this year it just didn't.
I believe yours was one of the reviews I read that made me want to try it! I hate how some festival offerings are inconsistent from year to year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter