Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

Not bad, other than the fact I missed out on a little thing called a VIP TOUR that 20 of my dear friends were on

I'm still so salty that I had to miss this!

We grabbed a boat to MK and after breaking Sarah's............well, let's just say it was her first time :dancer:

on the People Mover,

LOL

we wouldn't have this first night ride photo gem:

may25-jpg.401001

Oh my gosh, I still love this!

stopped for another gem in which I know exactly where to look: nowhere:

may23-jpg.401018

:rotfl:

Otherwise it's a nice photo though!

Yay, I'm glad you're here with me again Ariella! I know, I was super bummed we couldn't spend more time together but of course I understand family time :goodvibes The important thing is we DID get to hang a bit, and Morgan (I assume) had a wonderful birthday trip!
Thanks! I would have been the worst parent to skip on Morgan's ACTUAL birthday. But I think it worked out well, that I got a little time with you ladies! And next time I will be there!!!

Good morning all! Thank you so much for following along with me here -again for many of you- to hear about all the EPICness that occurred at the beginning of the month. Before I go further let me say to anyone "newish" to DISBoards and finding it weird that such a large group of friends who met here would plan such a big trip together before many met in real life, it is ::yes:: However the DIS can also lead you to wonderful friends and help you make amazing memories!
I think the trip report section particularlly creates these friends. You get to really know the people writing them. And I would never have imagined this being true but it is! Kari just extended her trip so we can spend some time together... But I guess you know that, as you extended it for her! ha. Gwen and Casey are becoming the next generation disers.

And if you're following other TR's from those that were on the trip, you'll see the same picture more than once lol.
I have a feeling I am going to forget whos I am reading at some point!

Speaking of meat our awesome server was happy we went with his suggestion and each ordered a different one of the 3 AYCTE skillets:

wccbillie-jpg.400963
Great picture! Now he knows how to take a selfie!!! I blame my short arms...

And quickly parted ways again while some of us did Space during HEA. My neck still isn't quite the same for some reason but if I hadn't done it, we wouldn't have this first night ride photo gem:
Andy said this trip, that he might not ride Space any more. Just too bumpy for his back. :(

Hilarious!

, however at MK it is unbelievable. Nobody around anywhere!!
I was to do this one next! HS for May 4th was great!

Back to back rides on BTMRR without having to wait in line again even, whoot!

may24-jpg.401012
And you don't even have a full train! I really want to do this!!! Great photo, as well

Want to see where the next day takes us? I'll give you a hint: I get to touch one :D
I can't wait to hear how this was!?

view from the 6th floor window by the elevator. I got exactly what I paid for this trip, a (below) standard view not worthy of pictures. But re-read the full title of this TR and I suppose I can handle a less than stellar view once. ONCE.

That view is better than what we had! I thought I was going to hate being on the ground floor, but it was actually really convenient not having to take the elevator and being right around the corner from Roaring Forks ::yes::

Up first was heading to dinner with these lovelies at WCC:

wccbillie2-jpg.400964

:love:

if you were lucky enough to read her dining reports from way back then you know how hysterical she is

I was not lucky enough, but I'm lucky enough now to be friends with her on Facebook and she cracks me up!

Sarah @IowaTater and I had never met before but I just knew she's think I was cool :smooth: or rather, I knew I'd think she was cool.

Sarah was lovely. It was so nice to meet both of these women :hug:

And quickly parted ways again while some of us did Space during HEA. My neck still isn't quite the same for some reason but if I hadn't done it, we wouldn't have this first night ride photo gem:

may25-jpg.401001

:rotfl:

t was now officially DAH! Steve and I did DAH at HS in January and it was great; totally worth it, however at MK it is unbelievable. Nobody around anywhere!! We walked on everything

I'm so jealous that I wasn't able to go that night!

ending the night pretty much right at closing. It was awesome as an event:

may21-jpg.401020

When do you see Main St. like this anymore?

Never! That is so amazing!:worship:

Joining back in for the "EPIC" portion of this report.
:welcome: back, glad to have you here again! Work has gotten in the way of me updating again but another one is coming soon!

AH looks great, we loved it each time we have done it. The very few crowds is such a nice and rare thing!!
I'm eagerly awaiting July dates being released for HS and AK, unfortunately we miss MK that trip but I will totally pay for any and all of these I can!

::yes::

DAH looks great
Totally worth it :thumbsup2

Billie, Sarah and I were all at DAH in AK and I have to say MK has it beat, just for the number of attractions in each park.
I was so bummed I had to leave that morning! Steve and I tried doing it at AK in Feb. but we waited too long and it sold out; hoping to do it in July! I understand with the attraction count, that's why it feels so empty as opposed to the one at HS and probably AK. But we still loved HS too and would do it again :goodvibes

Oh....Rhino tour????
You got it!

DAH at MK looks incredible!! I should have pulled the trigger on this and joined you, but we had such a nice time at the Star Wars Dessert Party, too!!! Ugh. Seriously, I keep saying it, but I wished so often on this trip that I could be in two places at once!!
Ugh I know, I would have liked to do the HEA dessert party on the 1st as well as the VIP TOUR of course! It was just so hard and I feel terrible for all of us lol. It's a tough Disney life :smickey:

Thanks! I would have been the worst parent to skip on Morgan's ACTUAL birthday. But I think it worked out well, that I got a little time with you ladies! And next time I will be there!!!
True, I have (have lol) to go to Disney for "work" on Oct. 23rd which is the day after Chris's birthday. There was the opportunity to go the day before on his actual birthday but as grumpy as he is I couldn't bring myself to do that.

I think the trip report section particularlly creates these friends. You get to really know the people writing them
I agree 100%

Kari just extended her trip so we can spend some time together
I know and that's awesome! Whenever we were going to meet a fellow DISer on a trip my boys would ask if they had kids their age and the answer was always no, so that's great that you guys can hang and the girls can too :goodvibes

was to do this one next! HS for May 4th was great!
Really bummed we can't do it in July and I seriously hope our dates line up for DAH at HS and/or AK, I think they're so worth it!

Hi :wave: so excited to hear all about the "Epic" trip. I think it's great how the DIS brought so many together.
Hi again, thank you for following along with me again! It's weird and amazing at the same time how you can meet and make such good friend here on the boards :goodvibes

My all time favorite read on the DIS
Great report!
:laughing: I'm glad you liked that lol!

hat view is better than what we had! I thought I was going to hate being on the ground floor, but it was actually really convenient not having to take the elevator and being right around the corner from Roaring Forks ::yes::
I don't think there's actually a bad location at WL? I know some don't like the rooms that look over the lobby because the noise from WCC bothers them, but this time that's where our room was and honestly it didn't bother us at all. Could be I'm a little bias though :D

'm so jealous that I wasn't able to go that night!
Um listen lady, you got to do a freakin' VIP TOUR that day!!!

Hi all! Sorry it's been a few days since I updated, trying to keep up my dining report and work has kicked it up a notch too. But I'm back with another installment of the EPIC DISBOARD'S GIRLS TRIP (that we let some men join in on)

May 3: AK

Today started with what I thought would be a Magic Bar breakfast but alas they weren't out that early, so I settled for this:

IMG_1595.JPG

Which someone in our group has now deemed the plague donut lol. Diseased or not it was so delicious that I had it another day too! I can't remember the name but I believe it was something along the lines of the Rose Gold donut.

It was off to Animal Kingdom today with @Jenny Sanders and her DH Joe to start the day as we had something really cool to do!

IMG_1598.JPG

WHERE am I LOOKING :rolleyes:

We arrived to a park that was a bit busier than we thought it would be, Jenny and Joe did some PP pictures and we headed to Africa. I made them stop to watch these guys because they'd never stopped to watch them before what?????

IMG_1601.JPG

And soon it was time to check in for our reason for being in AK that day:

IMG_1606.JPG

IMG_1607.JPG

I had tried booking this tour for us last November, and in both January and February but this sucker sells out FAST! Lucky for me Jenny happened to check on day and found availability, she texted me and viola! We were in :goodvibes Unfortunately no pictures guys because the entire 1 hour tour is "backstage", and if you've ever done a tour before you know that no pictures at all are allowed back there. Disappointing, but the tour was not! We went back to the rhino enclosure where we learned lots about how they're taken care of, how they live in AK, the conservation efforts of Disney and around the world to save them, how they're called in each night off the savanna, and most importantly we got to pet a rhino!!!! So very cool; the white rhinos are very friendly and love the attention. I am definitely planning on booking this for our NYE trip this year, I'd try for July but I know the boys will complain about standing in the heat for an hour.
On the tour you interact with quite a few CM's - your van driver, the rhino caretakers, the ones who check you in, and then the CM who briefs you going in and sums things up when you're done. For us that was Dan:

IMG_1613.JPG

He's also in charge of Traditions this year and loving it. He was super fun and informative, very sweet, and Jenny Joe and I spent some time talking to him afterwards.

Once the tour was done it was time to meet up with our girl Kelly @buzzrelly ! Kelly had been in the park all day but since she originally wasn't supposed to arrive until that night she wasn't in on our tour. Don't feel bad, she moved up her arrival to do the VIP tour I missed out on :headache: We met up in Africa

IMG_1652.JPG

And after an EE FP went to one of my favorite lounges which was also a first for Jenny and Joe and maybe Kelly?

IMG_1616.JPG

Hello Nomad Lounge! Nice and cool (it was HOT this trip) we sat at a high top in the middle which is technically for either a large party or one of those "sharing" tables. We got a few small plates and I forced everyone to try my bread service because it's awesome; I also let Kari @kastoney know that while she was finishing up her work day before boarding a plane, we were in pretty much her favorite location in the World :P

Next up was the safari where we saw like 3 giraffes chillin' on the ground, something you don't see all that often:

IMG_1622.JPG

IMG_1631.JPG

At this point my Steve had arrived and met up with us outside the safari, just in time for our FOP FP! After that we headed out; it was HOT and we had plans to hit F&G that night. However another lounge was calling our name.................and we had another EPIC member joining us!

It was now officially DAH! Steve and I did DAH at HS in January and it was great; totally worth it, however at MK it is unbelievable.

This looks like a really cool event. I'm always hesitant with these extra things, but this seemed worth it. Especially if you could maybe lounge around pools and lounges for the day before heading there, otherwise not sure I'd have the stamina!

So very cool; the white rhinos are very friendly and love the attention.

That's amazing!! I never thought of rhinos as friendly...but super cool you got to pet one!!!

Loving reading all about the epic-ness!

I really want to do the Rhino tour, we may do it in August. We did the caring for giants tour in August and survived, haha!!

You ladies look like you are enjoying the AK time!

What an awesome day! I'd love to do the rhino tour. So far we have it booked on our August trip, but not for the day I wanted it. I'm gonna keep checking back to see if availability opens up for that day, just in case. Your CM, Dan, looks very familiar! I think he may have done the Caring for Giants tour we were on or something.

The rhino tour sounds like a lot of fun!! I really enjoyed our Wild Africa Trek, but the only thing I wished was that we could pet something LOL Sounds like the rhino tour would be right up our alley for sure!!

I also have never been to the Nomad Lounge! How is this even possible!? It's on my list to try someday!!

How fun! We've only done the Wild Africa Trek tour which DOES allow photos and it was awesome. The Rhinos sounds interesting though. Our next Disney trip we will have to plan another tour.

Oh and I think that donut looks pretty good myself. :)

I don't think either of you are looking in the right place. ;)
:rotfl2: well normally Jenny knows where to look so I must have thrown her off!

I can't wait to do the rhino tour in September! I just wish they took a photo of you while petting the rhino. Is that too much to ask Disney?? Lol
So glad you're doing it! I know it sucks they don't take a picture :rolleyes: They really could right by where you pet them, if they did kind of a close up you wouldn't see that much "backstage" . But I guess it's just a hard NO anytime you're back there unfortunately. You'll still love it!

This looks like a really cool event. I'm always hesitant with these extra things, but this seemed worth it.
I know and I've been disappointed with some ,but both DAH's we've done along with the unfortunately discontinued Club Villain have all been totally worth it :goodvibes

That's amazing!! I never thought of rhinos as friendly...but super cool you got to pet one!!!
I knew the white rhinos were tamer than black rhinos but didn't realize how much they liked human interaction until the tour!

I would love to do DAH at MK!! Sounds like a great start to the EPIC trip! Can't wait to hear more!
It's great! It stinks we can't do MK in July because I know the boys would love it but I plan to do it at HS :) You should try one if you get a chance!

I really want to do the Rhino tour, we may do it in August. We did the caring for giants tour in August and survived, haha!!
Have you signed up yet? Hmm if you weren't too hot doing the tour in August maybe I'll see if they boys want to do it in July......

You ladies look like you are enjoying the AK time!
We did have a really good day!

And, I LOVE all your pics, as I will be using some of the same ones. HEE! HEE!
lol I think there will be LOTS of the same pics floating between all the EPIC reports being done

I'd love to do the rhino tour. So far we have it booked on our August trip, but not for the day I wanted it. I'm gonna keep checking back to see if availability opens up for that day, just in case.
Definitely keep it even if you can't change it, you'll really enjoy it. This tour fills up so quickly since it's only offered once a day so it's hard to switch!

Your CM, Dan, looks very familiar! I think he may have done the Caring for Giants tour we were on or something.
That might be! I think he may have said he does other tours :) I know besides doing Traditions he does do/has done other things :goodvibes

really enjoyed our Wild Africa Trek, but the only thing I wished was that we could pet something LOL Sounds like the rhino tour would be right up our alley for sure!!
It would be! I really want to do the Wild Africa Trek but I want both boys to be with us and again I think July will just be too hot :scared: The nice thing about the rhino tour is it's only an hour and it's so inexpensive in Disney terms lol

I also have never been to the Nomad Lounge! How is this even possible!? It's on my list to try someday!!
Um it needs to go on your December list :thumbsup2

The Rhinos sounds interesting though. Our next Disney trip we will have to plan another tour.
It was and yes you should! It doesn't even take up much time since it's only an hour :)

Still following along and love hearing all about the girl's trip! I really don't want to pay more money, but DAH at MK looks so worth it! I thought about doing a solo night when I was there with my kids in January but chose not to. Going back in January, it might be worth it to pay extra for a few hours after the sun is not trying to cook me alive...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter