Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

Ugh, it started here around 3:30, our first snow. I do love snow but it came hard and fast so TONS of people are still stuck on the roads and there are major accidents everywhere. As I type my mom has been trying to get home since 4:45 and last we spoke, about 20 minutes ago, she was half hour away on a good day.
I understand that!! I only live 16 miles from the school where I teach. Chicago traffic stinks anyway, so it usually takes me at the very least an hour to get home. Add in the snow and I often spend 3 hours trying to get there. It's the worst part of winter!

img_8804-jpg.365561

Funny, I always look for something "new" when I'm in the lobby here and this was the first time I ever noticed this set-up! It's right on the left when you walk in.
I don't think I've ever noticed it before either!!! I'm usually too busy looking over on the right side for that desk with the little glasses that make a Hidden Mickey :)

Have a safe trip and a Happy Turkey Day (while I will be eating pizza) :)

Have a great trip! Your plans sound great!

How awesome to get the anytime FPs every day! They had given us two sets of three during all of our craziness but they still had stipulations so yours must have been fancy Roy Suite ones! How cool!!

Well, with 3 days to go and no desire to go upstairs and work on packing,
Isn't it funny that we all love to travel, but we don't want to pack for it :p

See what's up for Mickey's 90th
Yay! MK on Mickey's birthday. I hope you enjoy it and they have some special things.
Do you know about the rare hidden Mickey? It's in the Journey Under the Sea ride queue, holes in the rock make a Mickey shape when the sun is setting (or rising - I can't remember which) but it only happens on his birthday, apparently.
Hmm..I wonder if you'll see this before you go. I should write you on FB. I think it would be a fun thing to see if I was in MK on the 18th.

Have a great trip! We were at AK on Mickey's birthday in 2016 and they were giving out birthday buttons, but that was about it. I don't know if there was anything special at MK. This year is a big birthday so I'm sure they have something fun planned!

Wow! It looks like you are had an amazing time! Have a great Thanksgiving trip! We weren't going to be planning a trip for a while and were planning a few days at Universal over Christmas instead, but I couldn't be this close to Disney and not go, so we tacked on 2 days at the end for Disney!

I haven't had dinner yet but now all I want is a pecan roll! And also that salad. I've never been to Rose & Crown. I don't know why. Maybe I should book something for my trip in May and finally try it out.

I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving trip! And also hope we run into you at Boma! :)

We didn't get there until 8:40 for the 9:00 opening so we were FAR from the front of the pack, and let me tell you that RD stampede is crazy! #notfun, we haven't done a RD race like that since pre-FP + TSMM fun!
It worked out great though; the line seemed quite long when we got there but we only waited 20 minutes, and we were across from the entrance to TSM. Love love love this ride!
This is good to hear, that you can at least get one ride in, even that close to park opening. We never get there too too early. But I do think the girls will like this ride and it would be nice to ride it more than once.

Coronation Salad
Crisp Salad with an Apple-Madras Yogurt Dressing

img_8808-jpg.365575
This looks good..

For our entrees Steve went real U.K traditional:
Fish and Chips
“Rose & Crown’s Signature Dish” Beer-battered and served with House-made Tartar Sauce

img_8810-jpg.365576
I feel like you almost HAVE to order this when there.

Chicken Masala Curry
with Seasoned Vegetables, Basmati Rice, and Raita

img_8809-jpg.365579

First, see that riata up there at 12:00? I could have eaten a huge soup bowl of that. This whole dish was amazing except for the peas that I find pretty disgusting (thanks for ruining those for me as a child, mom). The chicken was tender and the masala curry nice and spicy. The riata complimented this perfectly since it cooled you off after the chicken warmed you up. Really the riata, rice, and naan all balanced out the heat of the dish.
I always find it strange to have indian food at English places, but I found out that there is a HUGE indian population in England and they do have lots of Indian food.

We may need to try this on our Summer trip!

Florida Orange Groves Sparkling Pineapple Wine, St. Petersburg, FL

img_8813-jpg.365577

Mmm, didn't like it. I know it's popular and being sweet and fruity you'd think I'd like
I tried this when we were there. I agree, it was just ok. It was fun to try though!

We decided to check out Gasparilla Grill. It was about 9:40 and the place was jumpin' with lots of families just out of the pool as well as tons of families back from MNSSHP. The family in front of me at the register was telling the CM how much fun they had trick or treating; the CM asked if they liked the parade and the dad said they left before the first one and didn't do any rides or meet characters, just went at 7 when it started, did some trick or treating, and are back now. What???? OK, sorry about the sad story. Anyway THEN the CM told the dad that in about 15 minutes they could watch Hallowishes from right outside GG and it would be the best view anywhere outside the parks! What????? I'd never considered where the best place at the GF would be to watch fireworks and it wasn't even on my radar for the night, but you know it was now!
I love Gasparilla! I had the best make your own salad there in August plus they have the freestyle machines. How can someone pay all that money for the party and stay for 2hours???? I just don't get it! I am going to milk every last drop out of my experience.

Does size REALLY matter lol?
I do love the above picture so wish I'd gotten the two before it smaller and this one bigger!
We figured out where our room - ahem, suite was, too. In the below picture: the bottom level is GF Cafe and right above it lit up is Citricos. Right above Citricos, darkened except for one light over to the right, is the Roy Disney Suite :goodvibes then above it is the Walt.. :
So lovely!

Everything that was in both full bathrooms, every day. We'd never had the mouth wash or shower cap or those tall boxes in the back )which I'll get to) before but had gotten the aloe gel at WL a few times, both CL and not.
I had some of those goodies at the Poly too, even had the foot rub the day after my 4 parks adventure. It's like they knew how much I needed it, lol!

Watch Sunset Greetings which started last year, so we never saw it on other Thanksgiving trips
Dinner at Ale & Compass 7:30
I wish I could see this on my trip! I may see if I can sneak it in on Saturday. :)

Boma dinner 3:00 where I'll finally meet @kittylady1972 if we haven't managed to meet up earlier in our trips as well as @areno79, since we're all eating our holiday meal there!
Boma for Thanksgiving sounds fantastic!

Go back to resort at some point to change for Narcoossee's dinner 5:15
I am not spending my last night NOT in a park, so at least Steve and I will head out.....somewhere after :) I may want to go back and see Sunset Greetings again
Mmmmm, I love Narcoosees!

Here are the RedBubble shirts I ordered. Sadly they were way too big; all of them. So far Ricky's and Chris's have shrunk enough so they can wear them but mine is yucky. Doesn't hang right and I think it's as shrunk as it's gonna get. I'll probably still bring it but probably won't wear it :sad2:
The designs are so great, too bad the fit and fabric wasn't great. :(

You all see my frittata's :P Surprisingly the cinnamon roll wasn't that good, it was very dry; however that pecan roll totally made up for it because that thing was a thing of beauty and deliciousness :cloud9: Needless to say it wasn't the only one I had this trip.
Awesome breakfast!

It worked out great though; the line seemed quite long when we got there but we only waited 20 minutes, and we were across from the entrance to TSM. Love love love this ride! I would've loved to ride twice but when we were off, the posted wait was already 80 freakin' minutes so, nope.
I took advantage of the early morning freeness to ride my favorite a couple times:
Super fun morning! I love ToT too.......did you notice the hidden Mickey on the lower shelf of the trolley?

It was pretty much exactly 12 after our meet so we went directly to Rose and Crown, where we only waited about 5 minutes for a table. We wasted no time ordering our beverages:
yum!

Coronation Salad
So glad to see your review as I have Rose and Crown booked for my Candlelight Processional dinner.

We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch and definitely won't wait that long to return, although sadly we're not eating there next week. We were both too full for dessert but I wasn't too full to try the pineapple wine at the Hawaii food booth:
I am hoping I can pace myself enough to enjoy dessert as I really want to try the Sticky Toffee pudding!

I think today is your day…have an AMAZING trip! Can't wait to see how they top your Pixie Dust from this trip!!

Sun. 18th: sleep in a bit; MK
FP:

Splash
BTMRR
Haunted Mansion

See what's up for Mickey's 90th

How cool that you'll be there for that! I think I read that there will be 90 characters there :cool1:

Wed. 21st: EMM at HS!

I LOVED this! I am really hoping they open up a Friday, April 5th date so I can bring the kids!

Here are the RedBubble shirts I ordered. Sadly they were way too big; all of them. So far Ricky's and Chris's have shrunk enough so they can wear them but mine is yucky. Doesn't hang right and I think it's as shrunk as it's gonna get. I'll probably still bring it but probably won't wear it :sad2:

Mine:
img_9464-jpg.365463

That's too bad that it sucks because it's really cute.

Here's the one the boys LOVE:

img_9190-jpg.365470

So cute ::yes::

that pecan roll totally made up for it because that thing was a thing of beauty and deliciousness

That looks like it right up my carb alley [insert love emoji here since a lot of them are showing as question marks].

Coronation Salad

img_8808-jpg.365575

This looked so much better when he got it than I thought it sounded and Steve thought so, too! I didn't taste the dressing although I should have since he doesn't give much in the way of descriptive reviews......

It looks really fresh, I would definitely try that.

While eating lunch I checked to see if there happen to be a FP for FEA. Much to my surprise I found that an anytime FP had been added to our account! At that point I had no idea why but hey, who cares why? It also didn't have the normal stipulations on it as far as not being able to use it on FEA, FOP, 7DMT, so while I first thought to use it on FEA we decided to instead run over to AK and use it on FOP!

Oh my lord, thank goodness! As I was reading I was thinking, "Please tell me she didn't use that anytime FP on FEA!" Phew!

We ended up getting an anytime FP each remaining day of our trip and it would show up mid to late morning. Again, I don't know if this comes with the suite or it was just more pixiedust:!
Whaaaaaat!? That's amazing!!! However it landed in your hands, that's a good helping of pixie dust, indeed! :thumbsup2

You all see my frittata's :P

:lmao:

and let me tell you that RD stampede is crazy! #notfun, we haven't done a RD race like that since pre-FP + TSMM fun!

Yes, it is insanity. I started at the front, like first person front, and by the time I was trampled even going at a good clip I ended up being passed by a frenzied mob. Not a fan of this RD.

when we got there but we only waited 20 minutes

Still.... not too bad.

I got on the app and booked lunch at 12 at Rose and Crown

Nice to know you can snag this one on the fly.

I loved the potato leek soup at BOG and enjoy it in general, but this fell rather flat. Just didn't have much taste unfortunately.

I do too, and am sad to see this one lacks flavor. :(

First, see that riata up there at 12:00? I could have eaten a huge soup bowl of that. This whole dish was amazing except for the peas that I find pretty disgusting (thanks for ruining those for me as a child, mom). The chicken was tender and the masala curry nice and spicy. The riata complimented this perfectly since it cooled you off after the chicken warmed you up. Really the riata, rice, and naan all balanced out the heat of the dish.

That sounds divine! Might need to try that sometime.

We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch and definitely won't wait that long to return, although sadly we're not eating there next week. We were both too full for dessert but I wasn't too full to try the pineapple wine at the Hawaii food booth:
Florida Orange Groves Sparkling Pineapple Wine, St. Petersburg, FL

It was on my list, but didn't end up getting it. Good to know I didn't miss something too wonderful.

By the time we walked ALL the way to FW Steve had developed a taste for dessert, so he stopped off for something he got at the festival last year:
Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey-Caramel

Sadly I can't post the picture because I'm at my limit so I hope you've all seen it before! I took a bite; liked it because, well, chocolate, but not enough to waste calories on one. Steve on the other hand loved it since the chocolate isn't overly powerful.

I fell in love with this one. SOooo good! And fun to watch getting made too.

If people want to see it, I have it on my thread.

We ended up getting an anytime FP each remaining day of our trip and it would show up mid to late morning. Again, I don't know if this comes with the suite or it was just more pixiedust:!

:banana::banana::banana: Nice!!

I've been following along on your adventures and WOW! I'm so excited to read about everything!!! Hope you're all having a wonderful time... sure looks like you are! ;):goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!