Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

Holy cow! I was impressed with the bathroom rugs, let alone the rest of the joint!!!! I sooooo wish the resorts throughout WDW had them...I guess I will never get to feel the plush, soft feel of carpeting under my feet after hopping out of the shower at a Disney hotel because I will OBVIOUSLY NEVER stay at the ROY!!!!!!8-)

Before I get to our morning plans I thought I'd share more suite pictures - if you don't mind. Let's go do my first stop when I wake up: the bathroom. Master bathroom, that is:

img_8615-jpg.359106

That bathroom looks bigger than the studio we have reserved at the BoardWalk. Wow!

I can't blame you, I wouldn't have wanted to go to sleep either! THE ROY is simply amazing!!!
The dressing room alone was bigger than the bathrooms in other rooms.
:eek:

Wow that is my kind of closet situation!!!
And see those slippers in the package under the safe?
I DID NOTICE THAT IMMEDIATELY :hyper:

Mind you, Steve NEVER wears slippers.............

Thank you for the slipper close up, I needed that!!! :rotfl: That is so crazy. I want GF slippers!

I'm not sure what I would do if this happened to me. I think I would stand there and blink a few times, maybe pinch myself, because I would think it's a dream. Then, I'd unplug the phone in case they tried to call me to tell me that they made a mistake. Love the pictures!

How nice to have some room to spread out. We need pics of the shower - you must go back now. ;)
Well if you insist, I'll call Disney and tell them @QueenJen says we MUST stay there again :rolleyes1

We had one in our GF CL room also. I wonder if they are in all of the GF rooms or just CL? Maybe Caroline @disneyAndi14 can answer this from her stay there.
That would make sense since it's really THE highest of the deluxe resorts pretty much. It's a little thing lol, but since I always notice it NOT being there it was a cool thing to have!

This is so lovely!! I am just imagining soaking in that tub with some bath bombs from Basin White and a glass of wine. I'm telling you, I would be hard pressed to leave that suite!
Ah, that does sound nice! Sadly something I didn't do, but the next time when they upgrade us to the Walt Suite I'll be sure to use your idea :laughing:

Good for you for having your own bathroom! As a fellow mom of boys I am sure it was bliss to have a bathroom all to yourself. :)
Boys bathrooms are DISGUSTING :crazy2: :crazy2: :faint: I only look in the boys bathroom if I'm in a really, really good mood, because if I go in when I'm sad, angry, stressed, etc it just seems more disgusting. And boys seem to take pride in making their bathrooms disgusting!

I tell Bill that when the boys are moved out I am going to reno their bathroom for him. Then the master ensuite will be all for me!!
We'll have no choice but to reno their bathroom when they're gone, no way will I actually use it as is lol

I'm here and caught up! Maybe I will stay that way!
YAY!!! Hello my dear friend :hug: You've been away far too l

Way better than the last time!
Way better than like, our last 5 times lol. But yes it was definitely quicker than May when I was trying to get to you!

Did you know they take pictures of everyone at every entrance check point? not the Drivers License type photo if you are having trouble but from above the MB scanner.
I knew they'd ask if you'd been in a park that day or where you'd been the previous day if your band wouldn't scan, but I thought that info just popped up on their pad. No idea they took pictures of you entering each park, but it makes sense. Creep!

I am still sad I will miss you this trip!
Me too, but as long as we both keep up the frequency of our WDW trips we're bound to overlap again :goodvibes

I sooooo wish the resorts throughout WDW had them...I guess I will never get to feel the plush, soft feel of carpeting under my feet after hopping out of the shower at a Disney hotel because I will OBVIOUSLY NEVER stay at the ROY!!!!!!8-)
Funny, since my hair is SO thick, it gets all over the place when I do it. I didn't want the hair all over the white rugs in MY bathroom, so other than brushing it out in there after the shower, I blow dried and straightened it in "Steve's" bathroom so my rugs stayed immaculate :rotfl2:

I'm impressed with the big tub and the dressing room. That is classy. :)
The entire suite felt classy, much classier than any other Disney resort we've stayed at made us feel. The nice thing about the Grand though was that, in other parts of the resort, as beautiful as it is, you (or at least we) didn't feel like it was too classy or upscale for us. Walking through the lobby, or Gasparilla Grill, you just feel, normal. But it was nice to feel classy in our room :thumbsup2

That bathroom looks bigger than the studio we have reserved at the BoardWalk. Wow!
::yes:: We've stayed in the suites at BW and yes, the bathroom is just about that size lol!

Where oh where did you keep that mountain of pixie dust. :confused3
Well considering we got a little more during the trip, wherever we kept it, it kept leaking out in our favor :D

I don't normally do slippers either. But, I would have been tempted to where those into the park...:dancer:
We gave a pair to my friends' son as they were down there at the same time, he's 7. Once they got back to their resort she texted me a picture of him wearing them on their walk to the food court at POR :rotfl:

That bathroom is ginormous!! I wish I had my own bathroom on vacation!
Right? I wish I'd have my own bathroom when we're away with the boys!

I DID NOTICE THAT IMMEDIATELY :hyper:
Your eyes are DRAWN to their lushness :snooty:

I want GF slippers!
I wish they'd left the in the 2nd bedroom because if they did, I'd have a reserve to give away lol

What an incredible resort experience! Looking forward to hearing about the rest!
:thanks: It truly made our stay magical as corny as that sounds.

oh gosh, that tub...my husband would die! He loves taking baths!
It almost looked too fancy to use lol!

I think I would stand there and blink a few times, maybe pinch myself, because I would think it's a dream.
Believe me, when we first walked in we were doing all sorts of stupid dances and making weird facial expressions :rotfl2: I think we were calm between finding out we'd been upgraded to a suite and then actually getting there, because never in our wildest dreams did we imagine the suite we'd be walking in to would be anything like this :cloud9:

Then, I'd unplug the phone in case they tried to call me to tell me that they made a mistake. Love the pictures!
I did keep thinking they'd come and tell us it was a mistake! Then later that night Steve looked in our MDE account and the room was listed as CL main building, so we felt a bitter better lol.

Following along! All caught up, what an amazing upgrade!
:welcome: glad you're here! Yes it was a 100% unexpected, amazing, and I'm sure once in a lifetime upgrade pixiedust: I'd love to know how often they upgrade guests to their suites!

Lounge Goodness
Day 2 part 2
Well technically it's part 1 since part 1 was just suite pictures, and speaking of I'm glad you're enjoying them! I still have the bathrooms/2nd bedroom/art work to show you :thumbsup2

We were going to the MK today because if I don't go there on arrival day, I need to go on the next day. However rather than getting breakfast at Gasparilla Grill which was my original thought, we took advantage of the lounge that was now ours for a few days!

IMG_8623.JPG

One thing I loved about the GF lounge over the WL lounge was the amount of light in here, it was always so bright and fun! I also love the WL lounge but it's darker, doesn't have as many windows and the ones it does have don't let in that much light. Also FYI, those black "windows" on either side of the white cabinet doors are the coolers.

Here's the snack schedule for the GF lounge:

IMG_8633.JPG

With the exception of the afternoon tea it was pretty much the same hours at WL; I believe those are standard hours.

IMG_8630.JPG

I seem to have random food pics from breakfast today! I will say I felt weirder taking pictures here than I every do anywhere else, possibly because the club CM's were always standing around the food. Not a bad thing! They answered guests' questions, got things for them, chatted, kept the food filled well and were extremely friendly and really unobtrusive, I think I just felt you shouldn't get in others' way when you're being oh-so-fancy. I didn't try anything in this picture but I thought the deviled eggs in the little spoons were adorable.

IMG_8622.JPG

Steve had a bagel almost every morning and they were, as one would imagine, always fresh. For the most part I stuck with carbs - cinnamon rolls, cheese danish #disneydanish, things like that. I did try a fritatta:

IMG_8629.JPG

And those honey pecan rolls were the most heavenly pastry I've had there besides #disneydanish and my WL magic bars, if you consider that a pastry. Which it's not, it's a baked good. I like my carbs in their own categories.
Why is there only a picture of the signs and not the food? I think it finally set in this morning what had happened :banana: :cloud9: Because my pictures are a bit scattered here. There was also your standard oatmeal and fruit, cereals, OJ, POG juice, coffee, a cappuccino maker but it didn't taste that good, and the ever popular under the counter coolers with your water and soda.

Our first FP was around 10ish at MK and I believe we rolled out of the lounge around 9:30. Hopped the monorail, had a nice quick ride,, and we were here:

IMG_8647.JPG

We didn't have a FP for 7DMT today, we had one later in the week. However the posted wait time around 10am was 40 minutes WHAT?? so we got in line. The line took all of 23 minutes. This was a party day - not our party day but a party day nonetheless - and crowds were awesomely low.

minetrainsept.jpg

I don't know why my teeth look like a chipmunks, but someone knew right where the camera is! Not the same look Ricky has in ride photos for sure.

We didn't spend all that much time in MK today; did our FP's, looked around some shops, but had a good time. It was HOT though! I swear it was hotter than our August trips. That's why a trip to Chick A Pin Falls and the Laughin' Place sounded like a good use of a FP:

splashsept.jpg

1. yes, I'm wearing a poncho
2. yes, I'm holding it over my bangs. Do you have ANY IDEA what water will do to my bangs????? They'll curl up into my skull and I'll look ridiculous!
3. however I probably look more ridiculous wearing a poncho on a water ride on a day the heat index was 450.
4. yes, Steve has his hands in a position as if to say, "what the heck is she doing???"

After we visited our 999 friends living in a mansion on a hill we looked around Memento Mori. I love that store! I've bought a few things there and made a purchase this time, too:

NEWEARS.jpg

Tightrope girl ears!! And if you notice, they match my shirt! Now I'm not an ear-wearer; they normally bother my head after a short period of time. But these were so cute and they MATCHED MY SHIRT! Indirectly, not color-wise but that's her on my shirt, also purchased from Memento Mori. As a sidenote I found these ears super comfortable and wore than very often during this trip, so now I believe I need to buy myself more.

As mentioned we didn't spend all too much time in MK today because there was food and wine calling us from afar! But only a monorail ride away really. On our way out in the very early afternoon hours we stopped for a couple minutes to watch the Dapper Dans:

DDS.jpg

It was so sweet, there was a blind girl up front with her parents listening to them; she also noticeably had other issues going on. When they finished she went up to them and her parents told them it was her 17th birthday. The girl then asked if she could feel their instruments (I do know what I just wrote, and you're welcome) and their hands, and they let her. Then they broke out into "happy birthday Helen", her name, OMG I had tears in my eyes. I know they'll sing HB regularly but this was very touching. It's moments like that you have to keep in mind when you read threads here with people complaining about the absence of the magic.

UP NEXT: OUR 2ND VISIT TO ALLTHEFOOD

Then they broke out into "happy birthday Helen", her name, OMG I had tears in my eyes. I know they'll sing HB regularly but this was very touching. It's moments like that you have to keep in mind when you read threads here with people complaining about the absence of the magic.

How cool. Yes I still believe in the magic. Part of the reason we stay in the bubble during our trips.

1. yes, I'm wearing a poncho
2. yes, I'm holding it over my bangs. Do you have ANY IDEA what water will do to my bangs????? They'll curl up into my skull and I'll look ridiculous!
3. however I probably look more ridiculous wearing a poncho on a water ride on a day the heat index was 450.
4. yes, Steve has his hands in a position as if to say, "what the heck is she doing???
You are my favorite human ever right now! :rotfl2:

Ponchos are never a bad choice but neither is any kind of wizardry/voodoo incantation that Steve is doing to ward off your bangs crawling into your brain!

I snorted. Husband trying to sleep. I don’t feel too bad.

I found these ears super comfortable and wore than very often during this trip, so now I believe I need to buy myself more.
::yes::

Anything is more comfortable than the damn “alive with magic ears” I bought (in 2014?) that weigh 500 lbs. although my friend bought me the rose gold ears and I am not a fan, they pinch!

OMG I had tears in my eyes. I know they'll sing HB regularly but this was very touching. It's moments like that you have to keep in mind when you read threads here with people complaining about the absence of the magic.
I literally cried. So so sweet! Disney continues to melt my heart and this story was just... yeesh! :sad:

Well technically it's part 1 since part 1 was just suite pictures, and speaking of I'm glad you're enjoying them! I still have the bathrooms/2nd bedroom/art work to show you :thumbsup2
One day I hope to be able to write a trip report where it takes multiple posts just to show off the room pictures! :-)

we looked around Memento Mori. I love that store! I've bought a few things there and made a purchase this time, too:
My August trip was the first time I've been there since it opened! I thought it was a cool store too. I only bought something small though. A deck of playing cards. The box is a coffin and the pictures on the cards are the stretching room portraits. They're so cool I don't even want to use them!

The girl then asked if she could feel their instruments (I do know what I just wrote, and you're welcome)
Ed laugh.gif

It's things like this that make me appreciate your trip report even more :P

It's moments like that you have to keep in mind when you read threads here with people complaining about the absence of the magic.
That really is a wonderful story. I'm glad you shared it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter