Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

surely that would cost less than a Disney vow renewal just to try the cake :laughing:
For what it's worth, Disney vow renewals are way less expensive (relatively speaking) than I anticipated!! We were really surprised by what was included in the cost of ours when we did our 10 year renewal in 2016 :)

It was a chilly Festival of Arts for us as well,The Bloody Mary looks delicious!

I missed the living statues! Great pictures of them

Nice meet with Melinda, I love that little bridge and river at WL!

For our reference they change the mural every 2 days as that's when it fills up. Still cool though!

That IS cool!! Kinda loving that idea!

This Bloody Mary from the Outpost with Pork Belly was the BEST thing I had to drink the whole trip! I'm too lazy to find the description but you all can look it up under the festival menus :thumbsup2 Steve got one, I took a sip, and immediately got back in line for my own.

Whoa!! So much numminess!

But I :love: it,

I do too! I'd like a bottle of it someday.

"I lotion your wife Steve, how 'bout dat!"

img_0721-jpg.378654

:rotfl2:

I'm jumping to dinner that night which was at one of our old favorites Citricos. Many of you know we also have a favorite server there who remembers us time after time and this time was no different; we asked to be seated in Rony's section. This meant a wait of about 20 minutes past our reservation time but it was well worth it because when Rony saw us we each got a huge hug and our complimentary champagne, followed by top notch service. He's an awesome guy; the hostess told us we were the 4th party to request him that night which really speaks to how wonderful he is One difference was that this time I asked for a picture:

That's so fantastic that you have a cool history with this server and that he knows you somewhat. Fantastic service at its best!

Awww!!! I can't wait to meet you both!

This is the coolest thing ever!

img_0695-jpg.378651

This Bloody Mary from the Outpost with Pork Belly was the BEST thing I had to drink the whole trip! I'm too lazy to find the description but you all can look it up under the festival menus :thumbsup2 Steve got one, I took a sip, and immediately got back in line for my own.
YUM!

"Let me massage your hand" (emphasis on the "MA in his Norge accent :goodvibes)

I want a hand massage by a hot Norwegian :P

Rony is the best and so is Citricos!

Great pic glad you guys got to meet. Melinda I love your ears!

So yes, while everyone else is watching the Super Bowl, I'm finally updating! Finally saw a good commercial, the Mr. Peanut one with Charlie Sheen. Otherwise the commercials suck and that's the only reason I watch the Super Bowl.

Before I get back to my Jan. report within my Sept. report, I want to report that we're booked at WL for New Years! pixiedust: This will be my first NYE in Disney since 1986 lol, IF we actually go. I say actually go because if Ricky is back to playing basketball - and he better be or I'll be in a straight jacket - he won't go. And you all know how cooperative Chris is when it comes to vacation, so we'd have to convince hi to go! Not sure if my mom will be here or at my sisters in Ga. which means she may or may not be able to watch the boys, Ricky would be fine with friends and even alone for a night. So it's kind of up in the air but I'm extremely hopeful it'll be a go :thumbsup2 So right now we'll be in a courtyard view bunkbed room from the 28th through the 1st, just another quick trip but given how crowded it'll be I think that's all Steve will be able to take!
Now before I get on with the update I do need to throw these in:

IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG

I have more from today, everyone was over today before the Super Bowl but I haven't uploaded them yet. She's sitting up on her own and starting to walk when you hold her hands, loving every minute we spend with her :love:
DAY 3, JANUARY 21ST

I forgot to mention this, but we had checked out of ASMovies and in to Beach Club the day before :cloud9: While we weren't lucky enough to have scaffolding outside our balcony to play on a la @kastoney, our view wasn't all that bad:

IMG_0748.JPG

Originally we had FP's for HS today and that was it; plans to probably go to Epcot for more festival stuff. But after we added our first night and DAH at HS I cancelled today's FP's there and then the night before, made some at MK. Since I had to be up at the crack of dawn (hence the view pic) to book dining for a client, we decided to attempt rope drop there. But getting up early makes me hungry, so before showering we headed down to the Beach Club Market for breakfast. I was in the mood for more Mickey waffles but alas, the hot items aren't available until 7am and it was 6:45; I couldn't wait so chose a cinnamon roll instead.
We managed to make it to MK shortly after opening and went right to BTMRR. Do any of you remember the movie "The Apple Dumpling Gang"? This was my 100% favorite movie when I was a kid, I watched it over and over and they used to show it at my catholic elementary school like every other month. If you aren't familiar with it, find it and watch it! Don Knotts and Tim Conway at their best. Anyway, there are lots of nods to the Apple Dumpling Gang on BTMMR:

IMG_0752.JPG

This is just one, but Quake City and the Hard Times Cafe are both from the movie. This is all probably falling on deaf ears so seriously, your homework is to watch the movie so in my next update when I post more pictures related to it, you all can do this ::yes:: in understanding!
We used FP's and rode more rides, and before we left for the day around 12:30 we caught the new version of Movie It, Shake It celebrating Mickey's birthday:

IMG_0785.JPG

Some cool, "different" characters in this version like the 3 Cabelleros and a female chipmunk I think named Clarice? and the new music is pretty catchy!
We were totally ready for lunch and I had come up with the perfect idea. It was really nice to not have solid plans each day; normally we don't when it's just the 2 of us and for this trip we had even less plans meal and FP wise than we normally do. Something I'd missed out on our last few trips was seriously calling to me, so we jumped on the monorail, got off at the Poly, and made our way to Capt. Cook's so I could suck down pretty much the entire plate of these babies:

IMG_0792.JPG

I know this isn't a dining report but looking at these never gets old: the Pulled Pork Nachos or in other words, heaven on a plate. Not to be confused with the Grey Goose Slush over in Epcot, A.K.A Sunshine in a Glass :sunny: I know how fantastic these are, but every time I have them again that first bite is still better than..........almost anything else ;)
We made our way back to our room because I was seriously beat. I did something I rarely do: took an afternoon nap in Disney. And if felt gooooood. Steve explored a bit and then napped himself before we put our big pants and warmer clothes on to go back to Epcot for some afternoon festival stuff we missed the day before, specifically some stuff on the fountain stage and the Animation Academy!!
#RIPAnimationAcademy

IMG_0794.JPG

Hey, that's not fountain stage entertainment! That's pre-mixed French plastic martini cup entertainment!

Festival stage entertainment:

IMG_0802.JPG

IMG_0806.JPG
IMG_0812.JPG
It was all pretty interesting, the acrobat guys were ok but the Disney Artist painting (while cool music was playing and they must have told him he needed to dance a bit while painting, that was a bit awkward) he was fun to watch! And yes the paintings they do are for sale afterwards.......
It was then time for us to get in line for the part of the festival I'd been most excited for, the Animation Academy! I know many of you remember when it was in HS
#RIPSAnimationAcademy
and we loved it. We used to do it multiple times each trip. We did it last Nov. over at AOA and were kind of disappointed so I was dying to do this. We'd tried the day before but the line was crazy long, luckily when we got there at 4:10 for the 4:30 class today the line was long but we got in. FYI for anyone still going to the festival, the first class is at 3 or 3:30 and it's in the Odyssey building.
Continued in next post, and
#RIP AnimationAcademy

Awesome! Another thing I didn't know about... I'll just go back to under my rock now :laughing:
lol, honestly I knew next to nothing about the festival until we planned to go this year! Last year I knew about hte mural but never saw it, knew about the food booths and read quite a bit about them, and heard about the living statues and Animation Academy after the fact. I made it a point to figure out what I wanted to see this year mainly for research purposes :surfweb:

I'm glad you loved Morimotos!
I am dying to go back! Not going in May and at this point I don't think I'll be going to WDW again until Oct., and since that's a work trip I don't really have a say in where I eat :scared: I know we'll be eating outside the parks though so one can hope! The kids would like it though so it may make our list for the NYE (fingers crossed, fingers crossed) trip.

It sounds like a great trip so far!
It was really nice despite the chilly temps :goodvibes

It was a chilly Festival of Arts for us as well
Sorry you didn't have warmer weather but I hope you guys had a good trip! I need to get over and start your new TR.

I do too! I'd like a bottle of it someday.
You should get one!

That's so fantastic that you have a cool history with this server and that he knows you somewhat
It really is neat to walk in and have him great us with hugs :hug: And be able to chat about his family, kids, and have him ask about our kids. Because Disney + home :love:
Awww!!! I can't wait to meet you both!
Same here!!!!

I just wish they'd have this year round, I think I may be on a quest for an equally delicious Disney Bloody Mary on my May trip!

Rony is the best and so is Citricos!
I couldn't agree more! Happy to hear more love for Citricos :goodvibes

This is just one, but Quake City and the Hard Times Cafe are both from the movie. This is all probably falling on deaf ears so seriously, your homework is to watch the movie so in my next update when I post more pictures related to it, you all can do this ::yes:: in understanding!

I DO remember that movie and loved it as a kid as well. Almost as good as Escape to Witch Mountain.

Holy crap.

Excuse me, pardon me, coming through... GET OUT OF MY WAY!!

Hey, that's not fountain stage entertainment! That's pre-mixed French plastic martini cup entertainment!

:rotfl:

#RIP AnimationAcademy

This.:sad1:

Ok you are really making me want to check out this Festival now. I think my art-loving oldest son would love it, and so NOW I'm thinking I may need to plan a trip for us for next January!

Ah the Apple Dumplin' Gang was the very first movie I think I saw at the Drive-Thru theater with my parents, and I think we watched it again as adults but I definitely don't remember it. However I'm also with @Steppesister that Escape to Witch Mountain was a bigger favorite for me as a kid. Ah...those evenings watching Walt introduce Disney movies for us!

LOVE those adorable baby photos...can't get enough of them.

the commercials suck and that's the only reason I watch the Super Bowl.

I didn't even watch. I couldn't fathom seeing Tom Brady and crew win again.

She's sitting up on her own and starting to walk when you hold her hands, loving every minute we spend with her :love:

OMG! She's getting so big!!! That's a great stage.

heaven on a plate

Those nachos look sooooo good.

YAY to a NYE trip!!!! I am soooooo excited about our tour...

Aww your granddaughter is such a sweetheart!! Love those pics!

Pulled pork deliciousness and plastic martini glass fun sounds like a delightful day to me!!

So yes, while everyone else is watching the Super Bowl, I'm finally updating! Finally saw a good commercial, the Mr. Peanut one with Charlie Sheen. Otherwise the commercials suck and that's the only reason I watch the Super Bowl.
You got that right! I even love football and Maroon 5 and last night was just tortuous.
Before I get back to my Jan. report within my Sept. report, I want to report that we're booked at WL for New Years! pixiedust: This will be my first NYE in Disney since 1986 lol, IF we actually go. I say actually go because if Ricky is back to playing basketball - and he better be or I'll be in a straight jacket - he won't go.
So is this officially a December within January within September update :-) Awesome news on New Years Eve. Those pesky boys aside celebrating in the world sounds amazing!

:love::love::love: Be still my heart she is beyond precious!

I forgot to mention this, but we had checked out of ASMovies and in to Beach Club the day before :cloud9: While we weren't lucky enough to have scaffolding outside our balcony to play on a la @kastoney, our view wasn't all that bad:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: You should have requested a scaffolding room just so Steve could go all jungle gym on it :P

I was in the mood for more Mickey waffles but alas, the hot items aren't available until 7am and it was 6:45; I couldn't wait so chose a cinnamon roll instead.
That seems awful late to start serving hot breakfast. Given that Disney full on expects you to "rope drop" at 8am some days least they could do is give you some hot breakfast first.

img_0792-jpg.380278

I know this isn't a dining report but looking at these never gets old: the Pulled Pork Nachos or in other words, heaven on a plate. Not to be confused with the Grey Goose Slush over in Epcot, A.K.A Sunshine in a Glass :sunny: I know how fantastic these are, but every time I have them again that first bite is still better than..........almost anything else ;)
Heaven on a plate. Sunshine in a Glass. What would the universe in a bowl be? :-)

Seriously though these are right up there as one of my favorite quick service items. Makes me miss staying at the Poly

img_0794-jpg.380279

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Wouldn't that be pre-mixed sunshine in plastic martini? :P

It was then time for us to get in line for the part of the festival I'd been most excited for, the Animation Academy! I know many of you remember when it was in HS
#RIPSAnimationAcademy
Ugh, I absolutely hated this. My parents made me do this once and to say I hate art is an understatement. Seriously my stick people look funny so this was pure torture on my artless soul.

Awwww, she is just so precious!!!!!! :lovestruc My sister is having her third child - a girl! - this June, and I can hardly wait to hold another baby!!! Baby cuddles are the best, aren't they?

While we weren't lucky enough to have scaffolding outside our balcony to play on a la @kastoney, our view wasn't all that bad:
What?! :scared1: That @kastoney gets all the fun, doesn't she? :sad2: Leave some for the rest of us, Kari!

YUM YUM YUM. And yet... I've never actually tried them :laughing: It's on my to-do list though :thumbsup2

Animation Academy! I know many of you remember when it was in HS
YES! I loved this so much!

quickie-quickie's are always better when they're adult-only aren't they?

Ummmm…sounds kinda weird :rolleyes1

Next it was off to something else I reserved once we knew we were flying in early:

img_0656-jpg.378194

I was finally doing an After Hours! This will come as no surprise to you, but I booked this mainly for TOT. You are allowed in to the park at 7 with your DAH

I was happy with my 5 TOT rides and 2 SDD; we could have done more SDD but really I preferred to continue with TOT than wait 15-20 minutes after 15-20 minutes. I do like slinky and so does Steve, but we weren't feeling the waits.

That sounds like a great night! I have been (and still am) considering an AH for April. But if we do the AK one, it is literally the same night that we are doing EMM at TSL, so I think that's out. There's an MK one the next night, but it's 10pm-1am and my mom would NEVER be able to stay up that late. Truthfully, I doubt I could either, so that's more than likely out. The DHS ones are on Saturdays in April and we won't be there for either one.

For our reference they change the mural every 2 days as that's when it fills up.

That's so cool!

"I lotion your wife Steve, how 'bout dat!"

img_0721-jpg.378654

Melinda took a really good picture of us that I do have but can't seem to download to my computer for some reason, so here's a grainy blown up one I do have:
img_0744-jpg.378664

Cute pic!

Otherwise the commercials suck and that's the only reason I watch the Super Bowl.

Same! That, and the half-time show which also sucked this year :crazy2:

I want to report that we're booked at WL for New Years! pixiedust: This will be my first NYE in Disney since 1986 lol, IF we actually go. I say actually go because if Ricky is back to playing basketball - and he better be or I'll be in a straight jacket - he won't go. And you all know how cooperative Chris is when it comes to vacation, so we'd have to convince hi to go! Not sure if my mom will be here or at my sisters in Ga. which means she may or may not be able to watch the boys, Ricky would be fine with friends and even alone for a night. So it's kind of up in the air but I'm extremely hopeful it'll be a go :thumbsup2 So right now we'll be in a courtyard view bunkbed room from the 28th through the 1st, just another quick trip but given how crowded it'll be I think that's all Steve will be able to take!

That's amazing! I hope it works out and you're able to go!

She's sitting up on her own and starting to walk when you hold her hands, loving every minute we spend with her :love:

She's adorable :love: I love newborns (duh), but I love every little stage of those first couple of years :-)

If you aren't familiar with it, find it and watch it! Don Knotts and Tim Conway at their best. Anyway, there are lots of nods to the Apple Dumpling Gang on BTMMR:

I have a ton of pictures of those signs but I never knew they were from a show :sad2:

the Animation Academy! I know many of you remember when it was in HS
#RIPSAnimationAcademy
and we loved it. We used to do it multiple times each trip.

Same! We still miss that :sad:

All I have to say is deliciousness on a plate, I love those pulled pork nachos! I will be having those in August for sure!

We really were duds during the Festival of Arts, so thanks for the info!

Your nachos look fantastic!!! They could be a picture on a menu. I usually get them at Tambu, but after the refresh, they are gone! I got them at Captain Cook's on my last trip and they looked nothing like that. Still tasted good, but those are picture perfect! :cloud9:

I only got into watching football over the last couple years, but geez what a Superbore! The game was carp and the commercials were pretty dull too. I remember the Mr. Peanut one and thought it was OK. I also liked the Harrison Ford one where his dog orders all the stuff from Amazon. But not much besides that.
Usually the Canadian networks force their signal over top the US ones, but since last year they haven't been allowed so it was fun to be able to watch the US network feed, even if nothing was that good.

Do any of you remember the movie "The Apple Dumpling Gang"? This was my 100% favorite movie when I was a kid, I watched it over and over and they used to show it at my catholic elementary school like every other month. If you aren't familiar with it, find it and watch it! Don Knotts and Tim Conway at their best. Anyway, there are lots of nods to the Apple Dumpling Gang on BTMMR:
I loved Apple Dumpling Gang! But I had not idea it was part of BTMRR. I can't remember that much about the movie now and never would have known Quake City and Hard Times Cafe. So glad you mentioned it!

the Grey Goose Slush over in Epcot, A.K.A Sunshine in a Glass :sunny:
I'm happy that I can agree with this from personal experience now :)

t was then time for us to get in line for the part of the festival I'd been most excited for, the Animation Academy! I know many of you remember when it was in HS
#RIPSAnimationAcademy
I remember it and wish it was still there. I sadly only went inside once. But I still have the Stitch I drew.

Almost as good as Escape to Witch Mountain.
Ah, now there's a blast from the past! I have to admit liking Witch Mountain more but that was mostly because of my crush on Tia :p

WOW!! I just binged your report. Fabulous vacation last fall! The Roy Suite looks AMAZING! From the fresh flowers to chocolate Mickey and strawberries, the pixie dust was just over the top. What a wonderful vacation!

I had so many things to comment on, but I have forgotten so much. I will try to remember the highlights. The Margarita from Pandora is now on my list. What a bummer that FOP was down. The Halloween party parade was cool. Loved the pic of my favorite Oogie Boogie. I now want to see the band in Epcot. I always seem to miss it.

You are one lucky lady, having been proposed to at Disney. I don't know what the hubbs did the first time, but the second in front of Cindy's Castle was amazing.

I am sooo jealous you got to meet Gier Ness!! I also love Laila. Mike wears Gier, the scent for men, and even uses the deodorant. Plus having Gier massage your hands with that wonderful lotion! 7th Heaven. You are right, totally sexy.

Your grandbaby is so beautiful. Bet you can't wait to get that girl to Disney.

Love the report!

Both of these are calling my name!!!

Exciting to be maybe going on NYE!!! Although, should I really be routing that you aren't going? Cause that would mean you have basketball games to go to?

I DO remember that movie and loved it as a kid as well. Almost as good as Escape to Witch Mountain.
I loved Escape From Witch Mountain too! Not so much the remake a few yeas ago though, simply because I don't like when classics are re-made :snooty:

Ok you are really making me want to check out this Festival now. I think my art-loving oldest son would love it, and so NOW I'm thinking I may need to plan a trip for us for next January!
He probably would! I hadn't heard great things about it previously, but there were a number of activities and such that sounded cool so I really wanted to experience it. And other than the food I thought it was great! Different things than the other festivals. And I'm not an "art" person so someone who is would get lots more out of it! Start picking your January (or Feb.) dates for next year lol

Ah the Apple Dumplin' Gang was the very first movie I think I saw at the Drive-Thru theater with my parents, and I think we watched it again as adults but I definitely don't remember it. However I'm also with @Steppesister that Escape to Witch Mountain was a bigger favorite for me as a kid. Ah...those evenings watching Walt introduce Disney movies for us!
You should watch it again ::yes:: And yes, The Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights :cloud9: I wish they'd bring those old episodes back for the younger generations to see.

I didn't even watch. I couldn't fathom seeing Tom Brady and crew win again.
:laughing: It seems nobody outside of New Englanders wanted to see them again.

I am soooooo excited about our tour...
Me too!!! Thank you so much for checking and checking and then booking that for us :hug: I'm so busy always planning everyone else's trips I get to mine last, I need to seriously think about FP's! Although with the tour being planned it's helped get me started :)

Aww your granddaughter is such a sweetheart!! Love those pics!
:thanks: I get so excited when she's coming over, I stand in front of the living room window waiting and pacing back and forth lol. If I were a dog I'd be on the couch with my 2 pays up on the back, tail wagging like crazy when the car pulled up!

Pulled pork deliciousness and plastic martini glass fun sounds like a delightful day to me!!
Both made the day great! We did have one snafu later which was kinda my fault? Maybe? Maybe not lol? But it didn't ruin the magic of pulled pork nachos and GG slushies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!