Pixie Dust Everywhere - Just back

scottandtisha

Mouseketeer
Good evening DISers!

This is REALLY long, so if you're not into that ... you might want to move along.

We (DW, DS(10), DS(8)) just returned from our most magical Disney trip ever. We were there for 10 park days from 10/29 - 11/10. The first week was MUCH less crowded than the second, but our intent from the beginning of this trip was for me to do a better job of not stressing over meeting all of my artificial deadlines. I wanted to avoid being in a rush and frustrating the entire family. We also wanted to take a little more time to enjoy the sites, sounds, smells and shops ... which we did. The thing that brought me to write this report was the incredible amount of pixie dust that we received!!

On Day 2, we were at Epcot and it was my oldest son's birthday (turned 11). As we were leaving Mission Space, he wanted to buy something, but he had already (on day 2) spent all of his birthday money except for $5. So he kept getting items and taking them to the CM to see how much they were. When they realized it was his birthday, they told him to get some of the smooth magnet rocks (I guess that's what they're called??) and that they were a gift to him. They also told him that if he went to Club Cool, he could get a free slushie. So we set off for CC and not only did he receive one, but the CM asked his little brother if he'd like one too. And then mom and dad! I didn't partake, but the other family members loved it and we got our picture taken with all these CM's! It was awesome.

On our first AK day, we were paying for parking and I made some small talk with the cashier. She asked if I had kids and proceeded to give us preferred parking for the cost of standard. It was a wonderful gesture and, at the end of the night, we enjoyed being just a little closer to our car than we would have been otherwise.

On our last MK day, it was CROWDED - at least for our taste (an 8 on Touring Plans), so we decided to just browse the shops as we mosied down to BTMR, where we were planning to ride standby. As we were approaching Pecos Bill's, I commented "So THAT's where Westward Ho is!" as I had previously seen it on the MDE app. A CM asked me what I was looking for and we just commented that we were taking our time to enjoy everything and it had been a great day. She asked if there was anything we were wanting to ride. We said BTMR. She said "I think I can help you with that!" and proceeded to give us an anytime FP for BTMR. Then she asked if we liked frozen lemonade! When we said Yes, she said I'll be right back. She came back a few minutes later with another CM and 4 frozen lemonades and two orders of churros! We just couldn't believe it and couldn't thank her enough. We also got a pic with her!

On our second AK day, we had already used all our FP and had ridden FOP once. It was getting near dusk, so I thought that would be a good time to ride KS again and see if we could see the animals more active. As we were in line, I decided to try to get ROL FP so we could watch the show. I was clicking refresh as quickly as my fingers would allow. Within a few minutes, I scored a second set of FP for FOP!!! So after our safari, we dashed to FOP and were still able to snag some FP for ROL!!

On our second HS day, my oldest son really just wanted to see Star Wars Launch Bay. We had run out of time on day 1 and so this was really the only reason we went back. After riding a couple of rides, we headed over to SWLB and met a couple of CM's who were from our home state (TN) and my hometown. After talking with them for a few minutes, they said "How would you like to meet Kylo Ren?" We said, very much so! They said to follow them, so they took us to the front of the line and had the CM let us in next to see Kylo. After we survived that somewhat intimidating experience, they met us at the exit and said "We need to balance the dark side with the light ... so would you like to meet Chewbacca?" So they took us to the front of the line to meet Chewie!! I honestly felt a little bad because we had really not done anything to deserve this at all, but we didn't want to turn it down. It was just an unbelievable experience!

In addition to all this, we also enjoyed so many great experiences on this trip, such as ...
- the extra touch at the end of IASW where they say goodbye to your family by name
- Our first Hoop De Doo Revue ... Awesome entertainment and food!
- Our first Fantasmic ... also awesome!
- Our first HEA and Once Upon a Time ... Incredible!!!! And getting a GREAT viewing spot!!
- Our first ROL ... beautiful!
- Our first pizza at Via Napoli ... divine!!
- Our first BOG reservation (lunch) ... awesome atmosphere, but honestly average food
- Our first time riding FEA, FOP and the new Soarin'
- Really exploring AK for the first time. And LOVING it!!!!
- Many more meet and greets than we had ever done before
- Hearing Rocky Top (my alma mater's theme song) by the Voices of Liberty
- Seeing parades while eating Plaza Ice Cream (tofutti for my allergic son)
- Mobile ordering at every QS restaurant we went to. Can't imagine not doing this.
- Eating at Sa'Tuli Canteen ... incredibly good food!!!
- Meeting a CM at IASW that goes to our church in my hometown!!
- Unlimited shots at the shooting gallery in Frontierland
- Halloween and then Christmas decorations!
- Watching my wife dance with the performers at AK ... she was great! I had to make a quick exit to keep from being next!!
- my youngest son REALLY enjoyed being able to drive his own car for the first time at Tomorrowland Speedway. It's his favorite ride and he cried after our last time riding it. My other son cried as we left Tomorrowland (his favorite land) and said goodbye to each of the buildings and attractions as we walked by them.

I'm already nostalgic and I've only been back 2 days. Well ... I guess I'm ready to start planning my next trip!!!!!

If you made it this far, God bless you. I didn't intend to write a dissertation!

Great report! A couple of questions...is I t common to be able to snag ROL as a 4th FP? And where was your viewing spots for HEA? Thanks and glad you had a great time!

Great report! A couple of questions...is I t common to be able to snag ROL as a 4th FP? And where was your viewing spots for HEA? Thanks and glad you had a great time!

I have no idea if it's common, but there were a couple of times during the day that I could have gotten it. I ended up getting it as my 7th (or so) FP.

What worked for me was to look for a FP, then just repeatedly tap on the time I was looking for until the FP I needed showed up. Sometimes it took 10 or 15 minutes, but I usually got something I could use.

My HEA spot was near Casey's Corner near Main Street. They rope off to allow pedestrian crossing of Main Street about 20-30 minutes before the show. We just showed up a few minutes before that.

Loved reading this!! Love hearing about a pixie dust filled trip! Also it seems like you had a great attitude through the whole trip! I love that, sure it might be crowded but you are on vacation in Disney!!

Hearing Rocky Top (my alma mater's theme song) by the Voices of Liberty

Your trip sounds AMAZING!!! We live in Knoxville, and UT is my hubby's alma mater and where my son will be attending next fall! I hope we get a chance to sing along to Rocky Top too when we are there in January!! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter